Amazoniac

@Amazoniac how would one address that if it is the case? Antibiotics still? Antibiotic mouth wash?
Crap, I opened a textbook to grasp where most of sodium absorption occurs without realizing that it was on avian physiology. :doh

Organic acids (or their salts such as copper/sodium acetate/butyrate for example), plenty of table salt and faith that your immune system will take care of the rest are options.

- Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism (978-1-133-10405-6)

upload_2020-2-6_21-49-44.png

It's not very reliable.

There's the notion that certain vitamins are inherently antimicrobial, but it's suspicious, they usually have to be metabolized by the body to be so, yet here we'll have competition prior to it. Favoring supplementation through the skin until it's under control is advisable.
Interestingly, you can find microbial analysis for sea salts: they're not sterile.

And of course attempting to restore basic functions:

"In normal conditions, intestinal peristalsis, gastric acid, and bile secretion act to control control bacterial colonization, attachment, and infiltration into the host20."​

Last edited:

mangoes

Crap, I opened a textbook to grasp where most of sodium absorption occurs without realizing that it was on avian physiology. :doh

Organic acids (or their salts such as copper/sodium acetate/butyrate for example), plenty of table salt and faith that your immune system will take care of the rest are options.

- Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism (978-1-133-10405-6)

View attachment 16592
It's not very reliable.

There's the notion that certain vitamins are inherently antimicrobial, but it's suspicious, they usually have to be metabolized by the body to be so, yet here we'll have competition prior to it. Favoring supplementation through the skin until it's under control is advisable.
Interestingly, you can find microbial analysis for sea salts: they're not sterile.

And of course attempting to restore basic functions:

"In normal conditions, intestinal peristalsis, gastric acid, and bile secretion act to control control bacterial colonization, attachment, and infiltration into the host20."​

thanks a lot:praying:

T

TheBeard

We think of gut bacteria creeping up the small intestine or stopping at the stomach, yet the critical sites for the majority of nutrient absorption are neglected, a small disturbance there is troubling. An overgrowth doesn't have to be from microbes taking over by advancing, it can be that the established ones are not being controlled and swept out properly, they are not necessarily migrating. But often the times the imbalance can be traced to the mummified mouth. It need not be a severe pertubation in the upper gut to affect every consequential step.

You can find various syndromes where differences in microbial composition at those sites were detected when compared to normal people. Makes no sense to neglect it.

- Dysbiosis of small intestinal microbiota in liver cirrhosis and its association with etiology

"As can be observed in this study, at the genus level, Veillonella, Prevotella, Neisseria, and Haemophilus, were the most discriminative taxa between cirrhosis and controls. All these taxa are commonly presented in the oral cavity11, which suggests oral microbiota has a great impact upon duodenal microbiota. The oral cavity is the entry point of bacteria into the body. The human oral microbiota not only play a role in disease of the oral cavity, but also interact with microbiomes from other parts of the human body12. Our earlier study has found that microbes of oral origin could be present in stool of cirrhosis patients13. Recently, a direct evaluation of the salivary microbiome in controls and patients with cirrhosis was performed by Bajaj et al.14. In salivary microbiome of cirrhotic patients with previous hepatic encephalopathy, relative abundance of autochthonous taxa (Lachnospiraceae and Ruminococcaceae) decreased whereas potentially pathogenic taxa (Prevotella and Fusobacteriaceae) increased. Partly in consistent with their results, our results also found the relative abundance of duodenal Prevotella and Fusobacterium in cirrhosis was significantly higher than in controls. It has been reported in a previous study that distinct bacterial populations in the oral microbiota are involved in production of high levels of H2S and CH3SH in the oral cavity. The H2S group showed higher proportions of the genera Neisseria, Porphyromonas and SR1, whereas the CH3SH group had higher proportions of the genera Prevotella, Veillonella, Atopobium, Megasphaera, and Selenomonas15. It is interesting that the duodenal bacterial groups enriched in cirrhosis and healthy controls are highly consistent with the oral microbiota in CH3SH group and H2S group, respectively. Blood levels of CH3SH have been suggested as important factors in the pathogenesis of hepatic encephalopathy16. The shift of microbiota toward CH3SH generated community might indicate a direct contribution of duodenal microbiota to hepatic encephalopathy in cirrhosis. Our results are in line with recently published data showing that gut dysbiosis links with systemic and neuro-inflammation. When compared with control mice, the small intestinal microbiota in cirrhotic mice showed relative increase in Enterobacteriaceae and Staphylococcaceae along with predominantly oral families such as Streptococcaceae17. Taking together, these results might indicate associations between small intestinal microbiota of oral origins and hepatic encephalopathy."​

It mayn't be a cause, but it's toxic, and the minimum that we can do is to starting regulating infections of this sort as drugs.

Bacteria are the body's janitor.
Where there is no toxins to be cleaned there is no bacteria overgrowth.
Eating a physiological diet cuts the need for the body to accept more bacteria as cleaners.

I'm on a raw milk diet since the last 3 weeks, and my SIBO and candida are slowly leaving by themselves.

It's my experience that antibiotics use provide a relief short term, but prevent the body from removing toxins long term and will cause a great imbalance

Vinny

Eating a physiological diet cuts the need for the body to accept more bacteria as cleaners.

I'm on a raw milk diet since the last 3 weeks, and my SIBO and candida are slowly leaving by themselves.

It's my experience that antibiotics use provide a relief short term, but prevent the body from removing toxins long term and will cause a great imbalance
Glad you found your way, with raw milk.
Weren't you saying before thou, that you don't tolerate milk at all, or Am mistake with someone else?

Amazoniac

Why would menaquinones be antibiotic prior to metabolism if they're a crucial part of microbial functioning?
- Menaquinone as a potential target of antibacterial agents

Even though I've read that venom D has an inhibitory effect on imaginary infections such as Candida, fungal/yeast sterol (ergosterol) turns into ergokillciferol on irradiation. Unless they're poisoned by this metabolite, it would be strange if they were directly susceptible to physiological amounts of venom D.
- Vitamin Biosynthesis as an Antifungal Target

Marked nutrient interference before you have a chance to get to them is quite concerning.
A vicious cycle starts when poor digestion leads to an overgrowth, then malnourishment, and next, the body has to become tolerant to bacteria to make up for it. This is why transdermal supplementation can be a viable approach to break the cycle.

Synthetic antibiotics are dangerous, can't be regulated as drugs because they are them.

Even though I've read that venom D has an inhibitory effect on imaginary infections such as Candida, fungal/yeast sterol (ergosterol) turns into ergokillciferol on irradiation. Unless they're poisoned by this metabolite, it would be strange if they were directly susceptible to physiological amounts of venom D.
- Vitamin Biosynthesis as an Antifungal Target
Go big or go home?

Do you yourself use b- vitamins transdermally?

Interesting! I tried doxycycline for 10 days and didn't really see a major improvement in bloating. So you're not eating any raw meat right now?

T

TheBeard

Glad you found your way, with raw milk.
Weren't you saying before thou, that you don't tolerate milk at all, or Am mistake with someone else?

I was.
Looks like it was drinking milk + a western diet that was problematic.
When I'm on raw animal foods only, no issue

T

TheBeard

Go big or go home?

Interesting! I tried doxycycline for 10 days and didn't really see a major improvement in bloating. So you're not eating any raw meat right now?

I add raw meat around 3 times a week

Vinny

The stools from raw milk only are particularly painful and hard to pass though.
This week I'm switching to a meat diet only, maybe with some butter and eggs. I'll see if stools are easier to pass.
That sucks. Maybe it's the calcium hardening the stools too much.

Yeah, let us know, pls.
+1

Amazoniac

Consuming sodium bicarbonate in advance of meals is akin to ingesting table salt prior to them but without dealing with the harshness of chloride. I remember Mito doing this, in his case it was for the alkalinization, but it's also an antimicrobial measure.

It will depend on craving, but a gelatin soup can be healing, it allows you to tolerate hefty amounts of table salt at a time (same for whole cheese), which will prevent fermentation. If unsure, it's better at first to consume it without confounders such as juice or meats (with attention to sources of tryptophan, possibly iron and excess of sulfur-containing amino acids), only seasonings such as garlic and alikes. Ingestion of venom D with such meal can be attempted too.

Vinegar and butter have to be potent together, they can concentrate acetate and butyrate at 6% and 3% of weight. You may find sauce recipes that incorporate both. Not a lot is needed because they should only cooperate with digestive juices and immunity to normalize the compromised part over time.

Demonstrations on the action of HCl in dissolving eggshell often use it concentrated (for example, here it was used half as water, and the other half a standard 36.5% HCl solution, so at the end it was further diluted). If I'm not wrong, in simulation of stomach acid, it requires about 5.5 g HCl for every liter (1000 g) of water: about 0.5%. I'm mentioning this because it's the digestive enzymes in its presence that potentiate its effect.

Whether it's worth neutralizing the acids or not will depend on the site that was compromised.
- Anti-Peat - Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity (second spoiler)

If it's after where chyme is neutralized and the infection couldn't take place before it due to conditions being unabling, then it doesn't make sense to not consume the salts because you'll be irritating the digestive tract and increasing the acid load for no reason. However, if it occurred before, plain acids will work better because they tend to be more disruptive.

The usefulness of iodine in the first case will depend if your body can handle it because it's possible that it's going to be metabolized first and act indirectly through immunity, whereas in the second case there can be a direct interaction.
Only if I notice that something is off and don't want to risk making it worse.

Last edited:
Consuming sodium bicarbonate in advance of meals is akin to ingesting table salt prior to them but without dealing with the harshness of chloride. I remember Mito doing this, in his case it was for the alkalinization, but it's also an antimicrobial measure.

It will depend on craving, but a gelatin soup can be healing, it allows you to tolerate hefty amounts of table salt at a time (same for whole cheese), which will prevent fermentation. If unsure, it's better at first to consume it without confounders such as juice or meats (with attention to sources of tryptophan, possibly iron and excess of sulfur-containing amino acids), only seasonings such as garlic and alikes. Ingestion of venom D with such meal can be attempted too.

Vinegar and butter have to be potent together, they can concentrate acetate and butyrate at 6% and 3% of weight. You may find sauce recipes that incorporate both. Not a lot is needed because they should only cooperate with digestive juices and immunity to normalize the compromised part over time.

Demonstrations on the action of HCl in dissolving eggshell often use it concentrated (for example, here it was used half as water, and the other half a standard 36.5% HCl solution, so at the end it was further diluted). If I'm not wrong, in simulation of stomach acid, it requires about 5.5 g HCl for every liter (1000 g) of water: about 0.5%. I'm mentioning this because it's the digestive enzymes in its presence that potentiate its effect.

Whether it's worth neutralizing the acids or not will depend on the site that was compromised.
- Anti-Peat - Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity (second spoiler)

If it's after where chyme is neutralized and the infection couldn't take place before it due to conditions being unabling, then it doesn't make sense to not consume the salts because you'll be irritating the digestive tract and increasing the acid load for no reason. However, if it occurred before, plain acids will work better because they tend to be more disruptive.

The usefulness of iodine in the first case will depend if your body can handle it because it's possible that it's going to be metabolized first and act indirectly through immunity, whereas in the second case there can be a direct interaction.

Only if I notice that something is off and don't want to risk making it worse.
Thanks.

Frankdee20

Is bactrim a safe antibiotic ? It’s sulfamethoxazole and another one

SOMO

Is bactrim a safe antibiotic ? It’s sulfamethoxazole and another one

Bactrim should be reserved for when you have a life-threatening infection or a long-term persistent infection that is not going away.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
You cant get rid of the bacteria so its better to manage your gut flora so that the good keep the bad in check.

If there was any validity to this sterile gut BS then we would have seen the positive effects in people that regularly take antibiotics.

Every time I see long term low-dose use of antiboitics advocated on this forum my stomach drops a bit. Please just use oreg oil or something

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals