yerrag

sunraiser

Gut bacteria actively adjust even within a few weeks of adding different types of foods to your diet.

I really think they aid in digestion of specific food types.

Besides, having been around various alt health forums for a long while I haven't ever seen a person actually heal with antibiotics, though I have seen people get worse with them.

I have seen some specific issues improve in the short term but never an overall health issue.

I don't think a sterile gut is reasonable in practice and would worry about the consequences of trying to obtain such a state. Poor liver health is going to impact digestion and bacterial proliferation so a negative association in liver conditions is not remotely proof that a sterile gut is "best". It's just an expected correlation, for me.

Lynne

A few days ago, I ate a large bowl of oatmeal (cooked as Peaty as possible) because I love it and figured a bowlful a few times a year can't be too harmful. Maybe 12 hours later, and continuing for two days, my bad tooth started throbbing. It had been in a good state, no sensitivity, for weeks.

These moments of clarity are not frequent for me. But in this case the oatmeal was clearly the one thing that had changed. I think I will throw the oatmeal away for good now,

Have you tried instant oats? They have less fermentable fibre (much higher GI/GL than the other forms). I haven'te eaten oats for years and plan to try them soon but will start with instant for this reason.

RisingSun

Gut bacteria actively adjust even within a few weeks of adding different types of foods to your diet.

I really think they aid in digestion of specific food types.

Besides, having been around various alt health forums for a long while I haven't ever seen a person actually heal with antibiotics, though I have seen people get worse with them.

I have seen some specific issues improve in the short term but never an overall health issue.

I don't think a sterile gut is reasonable in practice and would worry about the consequences of trying to obtain such a state. Poor liver health is going to impact digestion and bacterial proliferation so a negative association in liver conditions is not remotely proof that a sterile gut is "best". It's just an expected correlation, for me.

Couldn’t agree more.

There is no way an absence of bacteria is suitable, when you see all these ill people getter tremendously better with fecal matter transplants.

akgrrrl

Does anyone take oregano oil regularly? I had a bottle of Bob's Best I bought for fighting illness etc, and decided to start taking daily before it goes out of date.

Hello Peaters oregano "oil" or any properly distilled aromatic botanical does not "expire". 90% of supposed essential oils in the healthfood store are foodgrade or perfume grade. Smell nice but do little. True therapeutics are not in the foodchain stores. Heat and light exposure the bottle of course degrades any natural compound. Remember the discovery of tombs the 1890's 1920's where amphora were found thousands of years old with oils still viable enuf for sampling. True and therapeautic oregano oil is so hot it must be put in a gelcap or risk serious membrane burn. I use a product called Inner Defense that has a doublewalled capsule that contains oreg, cinnamon, and I think rosemary and BlackSpruce oils too. Works fab.take care with hot oils.

LUH 3417

Hello Peaters oregano "oil" or any properly distilled aromatic botanical does not "expire". 90% of supposed essential oils in the healthfood store are foodgrade or perfume grade. Smell nice but do little. True therapeutics are not in the foodchain stores. Heat and light exposure the bottle of course degrades any natural compound. Remember the discovery of tombs the 1890's 1920's where amphora were found thousands of years old with oils still viable enuf for sampling. True and therapeautic oregano oil is so hot it must be put in a gelcap or risk serious membrane burn. I use a product called Inner Defense that has a doublewalled capsule that contains oreg, cinnamon, and I think rosemary and BlackSpruce oils too. Works fab.take care with hot oils.
Soy lecithin is one of the listed ingredients. Are u concerned about that?

akgrrrl

Soy lecithin is one of the listed ingredients. Are u concerned about that?
Nah, its so minimal, but has to be used to make the capsule strong. Once I left my toothbrush on the counter with some coupla drops of peppermint oil on top of the baking soda, when I came back the bristles were melted. That was my furst lesson in hot oils. Now i use cloves and baking soda, irs way hot, over 1M on the ORAC scale and I have the best oral health I've ever had. I take those caps with a hot tea 2x a day when I know I have a viral or bacterial thing going on. No oregano burp fest either taking those

LUH 3417

Nah, its so minimal, but has to be used to make the capsule strong. Once I left my toothbrush on the counter with some coupla drops of peppermint oil on top of the baking soda, when I came back the bristles were melted. That was my furst lesson in hot oils. Now i use cloves and baking soda, irs way hot, over 1M on the ORAC scale and I have the best oral health I've ever had. I take those caps with a hot tea 2x a day when I know I have a viral or bacterial thing going on. No oregano burp fest either taking those
Sounds good I will give it a shot. Thank you for the reply.

Peater

That's really interesting thank you, I'll bear that brand in mind. Bob's Best is said to be one of the better 'off the shelf' products, I hope that's true.

Broken man

And since Hausch and others had shown that certain bacterial peptidases can hydrolyze these peptides into individual amino acids, the specific bacteria strains in the intestine could play a role in determining the degree of response. Thus, the overuse of antibiotics followed by a wheat‐based diet could be especially troublesome, assuming of course we otherwise would have such prolyl peptide‐cleaving bacteria in our bodies.
I think you too have a friend which become milk intolerant after antibiotics.

CLASH

Essential oils, atleast in my experience, should be cut with another oil like coconut oil. To treat some of my gut issues i put esssenital oils in coconut oil and did an enema. Worked pretty well. I used pure oregano, cinnamon and lemongrass oils; therepeutic grade with the oregano having less than 2% thymol as the thymol is a bit toxic. I used 10 drops of each in 100ml of coconut oil.

@Broken man
I think the probiotic fear on this forum is a bit misguided. The goal is a “relatively” sterile small intestine, a sterile colon is practically impossible. If your going to have bacteria in the gut it might as well be bifido and lacto as opposed to e.coli, klebsiella, pseudomonas, strep, staph, campylobactor, c. Diff, candida or any other pathogen. There are known benefits to bifido and lacto, I would just try to avoid species that produce D-lactate or too much histamine. If you put the probiotics in an enema you can avoid small intestine colonization (I promise I dont enjoy putting everything up my a**). Some lactobacillus in the small intestine may not be such a bad thing, like lactobacillus reuteri (bifido doesnt seem to do as well here). Saturated/ monounsaturated fats, MCT’s, bile acids and alkaline phosphatase keep the small intestine clear of pathogenic species and excess bacteria. Certain lactobacillus may help. Bifido, lacto, a few other not as commonly known species, fibers from fruits, veg, and tubers and avoidance of allergens and irritants protect the colon (assuming no pathogens present). I think most peoples issue with health if thier diet is good, is an intestinal dysbiosis.

Lilac

Have you tried instant oats? They have less fermentable fibre (much higher GI/GL than the other forms). I haven'te eaten oats for years and plan to try them soon but will start with instant for this reason.

No, I haven't. I don't think I will bother with oatmeal from here on out. Thanks.

T

TheBeard

The last statement is a fallacy. Those that most regularly take antibiotics usually have conditions far worse than the average person to begin with.

I certainly see improvements when I take antibiotics, such as tetracycline.

What kind of improvements? Reduced bloating? Better digestion?

Lot of people mentioned seeing improvement, but they later come back commenting it was short-lived and they overall degraded.

I’m dying to see an improvement in my health: I’m constantly bloated, I’m never hungry, I lost 10kg in the past 2 years and I can hardly workout.

I always attributed my health going south to the few rounds of tetracyclines I took so I am having a hard time trusting they will get me back on track.

I tried the highest counts probiotics for one year, both orally and rectaly, fecal transplants, nothing alleviated my condition

Ron J

@haidut
Trying to kill bacteria would leave the strongest to multiply, so the best method(I think) other than to avoid offensive foods is to bind them for their removal. But there will be bacteria left, so how can we include bacteria that will have some benefits(takes less than others)?
Similar to what Broken man just wrote several comments ago, and for other processes that may have other benefits.

InChristAlone

I don't agree with antibiotic use. I just went through a course of amoxicillin for a tooth abscess and I developed allergies again. Plus my tongue is white. Antibiotics are well known to cause yeast infections. There absolutely needs to be diversity and balance.

Last edited:

Kartoffel

Saturated/ monounsaturated fats, MCT’s, bile acids and alkaline phosphatase keep the small intestine clear of pathogenic species and excess bacteria

Certain pathogenice bacteria (especially the dangerous sulfide reducers) lover bile acids and thrive on them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals