All 6 detoxification pathways are fulfilled with *only* meat + sulfurous vegetables

"DETOXIFICATION" is a term thrown around the health & wellness space often.

While it's true that any symptom or sickness is, in fact, a detoxification of the body... when seeing it in scientific literature, it is used to describe 6 different pathways that the body uses to remove undesirable substances.

There's phase I and phase II detoxification. The goal of all detoxification pathways is to make an obstructive substance water soluble so that it can be excreted from the body.

Each of the 6 pathways require certain nutrients in order to function. Each pathway has been shown to handle specific bodily insults, whether it be pesticides, metals, drugs, synthetic estrogen, so on and so forth.

*The infographic below gives a useful overview of the 6 detoxification pathways, what they are responsible for handling, and which nutrients are required to perform their function.

Conveniently enough, ALL of those nutrients can be attained through only TWO food groups: MEAT and SULFUROUS VEGETABLES.

(Examples of sulfurous vegetables are: cabbage, cauliflower, leeks, garlic, onion, broccoli, etc).

+ Detoxification will be expedited when the body is in a fasted state.

+ If having difficulty digesting sulfurous vegetables... a digestive enzyme supplement taken 10-30 minutes before a meal can help overcome this problem so that the necessary nutrients for detoxification are acquired.

Screenshot_20230527-132049_DuckDuckGo.jpg
images (6).jpeg

Infographic credit: Nutrients for detoxification | FX Medicine

Dutchie

Ironically, I've lived on a diet of meat&sulphurous vegetables for a couple of years.
Sadly, it didn't seem to do much in regards to detoxification.
It might look good on paper, but in practice it didn't work like that for me.

yerrag

Nice info. Thanks.

It makes me think "Am I lacking something and can my natural detoxification be better?" Should I add the cruciferous veggies, or is the onions and garlics and green onions/leeks I use enough for the sulfur? On the other hand, I make an effort to eat a variety of foods, so perhaps I am covered. But I'm a little suspect on the B vitamins, and that's where I supplement.

I wonder though if omega3s are really that needed for glucoronidation. Often, good information can't help but be contaminated by the overarching propaganda that has permeated our lives. Should I ignore the omega3s, but then I would be charged for cherry-picking.

One thought I have is that if the body is already doing a good job at detox (that is a big if, but probable if you get excellent nutrition), why are health nuts always doing detox this detox that endlessly? Shouldn't they focus more on ensuring they get the nutrients to maximize the body's ability to detox day in and day out?

OP
Twohandsondeck
But I'm a little suspect on the B vitamins, and that's where I supplement.
Based on recent personal experience, I agree with this sentiment. I've been using a B-complex and/or B1 (as HCL or mononitrate) with nothing but positive results. After 200mg of B1 it seems to either stop being effective or possibly harmful for me.
I wonder though if omega3s are really that needed for glucoronidation. Often, good information can't help but be contaminated by the overarching propaganda that has permeated our lives. Should I ignore the omega3s, but then I would be charged for cherry-picking.
Hard to say. Could always just try to find clean & fatty fish to give it a go. I've been doing occasional sardines and fish oil recently. The sardines seem to level my brain out a bit, but maybe it's just all in my head... or more is in my head, anyways. As for the fish oil, I'm under the impression that the benefits are associated with bringing down the omega 3:6 ratio. I think that it has legitimately helped my skin softness and exercise gains, though. Hard to say based on several confounding variables, but this is merely an intuition. Didn't feel any anti-thyroid effects (like cold extremities) until I took 5g one night all at once.
One thought I have is that if the body is already doing a good job at detox (that is a big if, but probable if you get excellent nutrition), why are health nuts always doing detox this detox that endlessly? Shouldn't they focus more on ensuring they get the nutrients to maximize the body's ability to detox day in and day out?
I think detox and building a healthful foundation are two sides of the same coin. People who are drawn to detox and talk about it often are probably speaking from the perspective that both they and their entire environment is currently and repeatedly being poisoned. Whenever a person embarks on a health journey, the first thing they learn is what's possibly wrong with them, hence the stored poisons. Then they soon learn about water contaminants, pesticides, GMO, heavy metals, etc. Poison after poison after poison leads a person to think that they always need to be detoxing the toxins, which can be a productive attitude.

But what is harder to come by is the notion that nutrient repletion begets detoxification. The minority conversation is the difference in how much vitamin K2 a pasture raised egg compared to a grain-fed egg contains. Or how much vitamin C is found in a raw versus pasteurized fruit. Or how two different milks from the same breed of cow can score multitudes differently on a spectroscopy test based on the mineral and organic content saturation of their respective feeds.

I agree that I think people should focus more on upping their nutrition rather than detox, but coffee enemas and saunas can carry much more instant gratification and (borderline druglike) euphoria compared to eating a mineral-dense cheese.

B

Blaze

While it's true that any symptom or sickness is, in fact, a detoxification of the body... when seeing it in scientific literature, it is used to describe 6 different pathways that the body uses to remove undesirable substances.

There's phase I and phase II detoxification. The goal of all detoxification pathways is to make an obstructive substance water soluble so that it can be excreted from the body.

Each of the 6 pathways require certain nutrients in order to function. Each pathway has been shown to handle specific bodily insults, whether it be pesticides, metals, drugs, synthetic estrogen, so on and so forth.

*The infographic below gives a useful overview of the 6 detoxification pathways, what they are responsible for handling, and which nutrients are required to perform their function.

Conveniently enough, ALL of those nutrients can be attained through only TWO food groups: MEAT and SULFUROUS VEGETABLES.

(Examples of sulfurous vegetables are: cabbage, cauliflower, leeks, garlic, onion, broccoli, etc).

+ If having difficulty digesting sulfurous vegetables... a digestive enzyme supplement taken 10-30 minutes before a meal can help overcome this problem so that the necessary nutrients for detoxification are acquired.

View attachment 50944View attachment 50945
Great info, thanks for posting it.

Ismail

View attachment 50944View attachment 50945
Is there a difference between eating raw and cooked sulfurous vegetables from a detoxification perspective?

ccousz

Is there a difference between eating raw and cooked sulfurous vegetables from a detoxification perspective?
Probably not? Can’t imagine cooking would destroy much if any of the sulphur compounds

B

Blaze

You cannot further reduce elements, those building blocks are already in the simplest form. So, cooking in theory might increase sulfur bioavailability if the sulfur is bound to something. But if onions or garlic or eggs or meats are your source of sulfur , you will have no trouble getting enough either way. They are very rich sources, cooked or not.

OP
Twohandsondeck
Absolutely. They might as well be two different foods.

Cooking might increase the absorption of a vegetable, but considering how acidic a human stomach is, it stands to reason that the remaining nutrients after cooking a vegetable will be equally available as the nutrients absorbed from consuming the vegetable raw.

One thing that seems to be clear, however, is that a raw vegetable carries a much greater antifungal and/or antiparasitic action compared to its cooked counterparts.

More sulfur i think = less Cooper ?

yerrag

Hard to say. Could always just try to find clean & fatty fish to give it a go. I've been doing occasional sardines and fish oil recently. The sardines seem to level my brain out a bit, but maybe it's just all in my head... or more is in my head, anyways. As for the fish oil, I'm under the impression that the benefits are associated with bringing down the omega 3:6 ratio. I think that it has legitimately helped my skin softness and exercise gains, though. Hard to say based on several confounding variables, but this is merely an intuition. Didn't feel any anti-thyroid effects (like cold extremities) until I took 5g one night all at once.
Yes, it's definitely hard to say. I think we each base our views on what we are comfortable tsking, conditioned as we are with what we have learned and what we unlearn or not.

My take is to agree with Peat that omega3s are bad.

It is only made to look good on the basis of omega6 being inflammatory, which is considered bad, if not countered by omega3, which is regarded as anti- inflammatory. Together, they become good, just as if when you multiply two negative numbers, and the result is a positive number.

But inflammation isn't always considered as bad as it is now,even in Peat circles. Inflammation as a necessary part of many healing process has been overlooked or willfully ignored as the medical business continues to build more business on eliminating inflammation.

When we get a burn, or a bruise, or a wound, or when there is infection, inflammation always happens but we accept the swollen redness and think nothing of it because the past has given us numerous examples of why it is part of the healing process. Even when a wound that is on the last stage of healind should itch, we know to see that as a good sign.

We subconsciously allow inflammation to occur in all these cases of acute inflammation.

But we are leas forgiving in cases of inflammation where it is chronic. We then view inflammation as bad.
But should we?

If we see chronic inflammation not as a dysfunction but rather as a continuing process by which the body tries to heal itself of a chronic underlying pathology -.be it from nutrient imbalance, or metabolic, or microbial, or causes by toxins, or stresses internal or external - then we wouldn't need omega3s to save us from inflammation. Nor do we need an inflammatory omega6 to help the body heal, given that the body already knows to use inflammation when needed.

Rather than think of omega3s as something to be taken to neutralze omega6a to get balance, I would rather take PUFAs in the form of whole foods because the PUFAs come packaged with vitamin E in whole foods.Here you see nature giving balance as opposes to the fictitious appearance of balance in having omega 3 and omega6 together. They are together harmful PUFAs, worse- no vitamin E is there to neutralize their very harmful effects.

Dr. B

Yes, it's definitely hard to say. I think we each base our views on what we are comfortable tsking, conditioned as we are with what we have learned and what we unlearn or not.

My take is to agree with Peat that omega3s are bad.

It is only made to look good on the basis of omega6 being inflammatory, which is considered bad, if not countered by omega3, which is regarded as anti- inflammatory. Together, they become good, just as if when you multiply two negative numbers, and the result is a positive number.

But inflammation isn't always considered as bad as it is now,even in Peat circles. Inflammation as a necessary part of many healing process has been overlooked or willfully ignored as the medical business continues to build more business on eliminating inflammation.

When we get a burn, or a bruise, or a wound, or when there is infection, inflammation always happens but we accept the swollen redness and think nothing of it because the past has given us numerous examples of why it is part of the healing process. Even when a wound that is on the last stage of healind should itch, we know to see that as a good sign.

We subconsciously allow inflammation to occur in all these cases of acute inflammation.

But we are leas forgiving in cases of inflammation where it is chronic. We then view inflammation as bad.
But should we?

If we see chronic inflammation not as a dysfunction but rather as a continuing process by which the body tries to heal itself of a chronic underlying pathology -.be it from nutrient imbalance, or metabolic, or microbial, or causes by toxins, or stresses internal or external - then we wouldn't need omega3s to save us from inflammation. Nor do we need an inflammatory omega6 to help the body heal, given that the body already knows to use inflammation when needed.

Rather than think of omega3s as something to be taken to neutralze omega6a to get balance, I would rather take PUFAs in the form of whole foods because the PUFAs come packaged with vitamin E in whole foods.Here you see nature giving balance as opposes to the fictitious appearance of balance in having omega 3 and omega6 together. They are together harmful PUFAs, worse- no vitamin E is there to neutralize their very harmful effects.

You can also simply try to avoid omega 3 and omega 6 entirely. I have seen some others on the forum mention that, instead of using omega 3 supplements to try to improve the ratio, why not just reduce omega 6 intake so you dont need to supplement any omega 3.
And that makes sense, but thats where the importance of something like 100% grass fed milk, or 100% grass fed beef, becomes especially more important to follow. Peat didnt seem to care about whether meat or dairy was grass fed… and i think he liked brands like kirkland (costco) and lucerne for milk which arent even organic or labelled as grass fed.
Remember in the US using the term grass fed only requires the animal to be grass fed 30% of the year from what I remember. So all these companies who label milk as just grass fed without a number, they may only be 30% grass fed milks.
Now, grass fed is a marketing tactic too, and probably helps sell the milk better. So these milk brands that dont label themselves grass fed, and even brands which are grass fed (but not 100% grass fed) are obviously using either corn or wheat or soy or some mix of the three to feed their cows.
And the thing is the milkfat will have a completely thrown off ratio of omega 3 and omega 6 if its not 100% grass fed. I believe 100% grass fed beef fat and milk fat has a 1:1 omega 3 to 6 ratio or maybe it was a 1:3 ratio. So if you arent eating grass fed product your ratio of omegas will automatically be off, unless you are doing skim milk and 0% fat meat.

And the reason people arent getting negative effecfs from fish oil is probably because their overall diet is still fine. The fish oil capsules are only 500mg or 1000mg of oil. So if you have a good diet with red meat and dairy or a single egg a day at most, you wont be getting much total pufa intake. You would have to load up on eggs, pork or chicken or fish or fish oil to get more pufa

yerrag

You can also simply try to avoid omega 3 and omega 6 entirely. I have seen some others on the forum mention that, instead of using omega 3 supplements to try to improve the ratio, why not just reduce omega 6 intake so you dont need to supplement any omega 3.
And that makes sense, but thats where the importance of something like 100% grass fed milk, or 100% grass fed beef, becomes especially more important to follow. Peat didnt seem to care about whether meat or dairy was grass fed… and i think he liked brands like kirkland (costco) and lucerne for milk which arent even organic or labelled as grass fed.
Remember in the US using the term grass fed only requires the animal to be grass fed 30% of the year from what I remember. So all these companies who label milk as just grass fed without a number, they may only be 30% grass fed milks.
Now, grass fed is a marketing tactic too, and probably helps sell the milk better. So these milk brands that dont label themselves grass fed, and even brands which are grass fed (but not 100% grass fed) are obviously using either corn or wheat or soy or some mix of the three to feed their cows.
And the thing is the milkfat will have a completely thrown off ratio of omega 3 and omega 6 if its not 100% grass fed. I believe 100% grass fed beef fat and milk fat has a 1:1 omega 3 to 6 ratio or maybe it was a 1:3 ratio. So if you arent eating grass fed product your ratio of omegas will automatically be off, unless you are doing skim milk and 0% fat meat.

And the reason people arent getting negative effecfs from fish oil is probably because their overall diet is still fine. The fish oil capsules are only 500mg or 1000mg of oil. So if you have a good diet with red meat and dairy or a single egg a day at most, you wont be getting much total pufa intake. You would have to load up on eggs, pork or chicken or fish or fish oil to get more pufa
Don't cows and ox naturally convert PUFAs to SFAs in their digestive system?

Dr. B

Don't cows and ox naturally convert PUFAs to SFAs in their digestive system?
They do. But i think grass fed milks score lower in pufa than other kinds? And , just going off their advertisements the grass fed milks were often advertised as having more omega 3/a better omega 3 to 6 ratio. So their system can still be stressed to some extent. I think the standard milkfats were supposedly 6% pufa whereas 100% grass fed is 3% pufa!
And the makeup of that pufa will then depend on what the cow was eating… they can’t eat fish right? Theoretically the fish fed cow would maybe have mostly omega 3 pufa unlike the soy fed or corn fed cow.
Additionally the food eaten influences the flavor. So this amish brand was only grass fed half the year and corn fed the other half. It actually was the best tasting milk ive had. Ive heard that some of the high end steak restaurants use beef from cows that are intentionally corn fed at least the last 3 months of their life or something ? And it’s interesting because taste wise- that half grass fed half corn fed milk tastes a lot better than other milks ive had including numerous 100% grass fed milk brands and raw milks from different farms. It was still organic milk thus organic corn being fed if that matters. The cows or the milk were Jersey holstein mix.

yerrag

They do. But i think grass fed milks score lower in pufa than other kinds? And , just going off their advertisements the grass fed milks were often advertised as having more omega 3/a better omega 3 to 6 ratio. So their system can still be stressed to some extent. I think the standard milkfats were supposedly 6% pufa whereas 100% grass fed is 3% pufa!
And the makeup of that pufa will then depend on what the cow was eating… they can’t eat fish right? Theoretically the fish fed cow would maybe have mostly omega 3 pufa unlike the soy fed or corn fed cow.
Additionally the food eaten influences the flavor. So this amish brand was only grass fed half the year and corn fed the other half. It actually was the best tasting milk ive had. Ive heard that some of the high end steak restaurants use beef from cows that are intentionally corn fed at least the last 3 months of their life or something ? And it’s interesting because taste wise- that half grass fed half corn fed milk tastes a lot better than other milks ive had including numerous 100% grass fed milk brands and raw milks from different farms. It was still organic milk thus organic corn being fed if that matters. The cows or the milk were Jersey holstein mix.
Thanks Dr. B! A lot of good information shared!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals