Alka Seltzer

stsfut

I love taking AS upon waking. Is it safe to take it daily, or maybe like 5 days a week? It seems to get my appetite going first thing in the day and it clears my head. I wish they sold it though with half doses of aspirin (162mg).

OP
S

stsfut

Bumping this once, if no one knows I will let this die :)

Zpol

The citric acid is not safe to take everyday. 1/2 tsp of sodium bicarb is safe to take to take daily, more than that you might want to monitor your alkalinity to be safe.

OP
S

stsfut

Thank you Zpol (and hamster).

Is there a risk of hypernatremia or hypokalemia related to the 2kmg sodium bicarb?

Zpol

Is there a risk of hypernatremia or hypokalemia related to the 2kmg sodium bicarb?
Sodium bicarb will affect potassium concentration depending on the dose. Hypernatremia could theoretically be avoided by obeying natural thirst.
I'm not currently using Sodium bicarb therapeutically but I might in the future so I have some resources gathered that you might find helpful...

Life-Threatening Electrolyte Abnormalities
21 Questions About Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodium Bicarbonate - Full Medical Review
Treatment Essentials: Practicing Natural Allopathic Medicine

The last two are links to books that have guidelines for using NaHCO3 therapeutically.

wildworld1992

The citric acid is not safe to take everyday. 1/2 tsp of sodium bicarb is safe to take to take daily, more than that you might want to monitor your alkalinity to be safe.
Does that mean lemon and orange are not safe to eat everyday?

Zpol

Does that mean lemon and orange are not safe to eat everyday?
The natural form of citric acid found in citrus is fine, just the synthetic GMO stuff found in certain supplements and food is not safe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals