Alendronic acid / Fosamax

Progesterone

My mother (67) was given Alendronic acid / Fosamax for osteoporosis.

She has only the beginnings of osteoporosis...

Should she be taking this? sounds scary.

Aspirin 325mg, progesterone twice daily cream 10mg x2, and perhaps 10,000iu vitamin d daily, sounds a lot safer to start. no???

Tom K

MK 4 & 7, for short and long term half lives. In the short run (6 months-1 year), you can also consider strontium daily. Then reduce the frequency to once or twice per week.

Zpol

My mom is a couple years younger and also at the beginning stage of osteoporosis.
I spent about week researching and creating a protocol for her after she got the diagnosis (ultimately she declined and is taking the fosomax unfortunately).
It basically included all the things already mentioned on this thread but also one major thing that doesn't get nearly enough attention in the literature, carbon dioxide. As we know metabolic health results in more carbon dioxide (and less lactic acid) but mouth breathing is also a huge factor.
If your mom is open to mouth taping at night and nose breathing training during the day; these would be a huge benefit.
RP explains the importance of CO2 for bone health in this article .

Anecdotally, my mom is a major mouth breather and sleeps with her mouth open.

OP
P

Progesterone

My mom is a couple years younger and also at the beginning stage of osteoporosis.
I spent about week researching and creating a protocol for her after she got the diagnosis (ultimately she declined and is taking the fosomax unfortunately).
It basically included all the things already mentioned on this thread but also one major thing that doesn't get nearly enough attention in the literature, carbon dioxide. As we know metabolic health results in more carbon dioxide (and less lactic acid) but mouth breathing is also a huge factor.
If your mom is open to mouth taping at night and nose breathing training during the day; these would be a huge benefit.
RP explains the importance of CO2 for bone health in this article .

Anecdotally, my mom is a major mouth breather and sleeps with her mouth open.

Thank you!

Why did your mom opt so quickly for Fosamax?

Zpol

Why did your mom opt so quickly for Fosamax?

She talked to a friend of hers that was on Fosamax and claimed to have experienced no major side effects, so she decided based on that that she'd try it first before going the natural route. Her plan is to only take it for a year and reassess. Plus my plan for her included dietary changes that she did not want to even attempt.

OP
P

Progesterone

She talked to a friend of hers that was on Fosamax and claimed to have experienced no major side effects, so she decided based on that that she'd try it first before going the natural route. Her plan is to only take it for a year and reassess. Plus my plan for her included dietary changes that she did not want to even attempt.

Gotcha.

What even are the sides for Fosamax?

I read the wiki and it just doesn't seem good.. seems better to try natural first.

Zpol

Gotcha.

What even are the sides for Fosamax?

I read the wiki and it just doesn't seem good.. seems better to try natural first.
From what I've read, digestive issues, joint pain, and general inflammation were the main side effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals