Aldi's Milk Is Not Fresh

Luann

Just poured myself a glass of Aldi skim milk after I finished off the old carton of milk from Walmart and the difference in taste and quality was immediate. Aldi's milk is just off, like all the time. My last batch of groceries from them gave me real food poisoning and I think it was the milk. So this is a warning as well as to see if others have had the same experience. They just don't store the milk at a low enough temperature, I think.

In my experience, old milk is just as if not more digestible than normal. It seems the bacteria start the digestion job...

Luann

I both agree and disagree... if I leave milk out for an hour, or do that a couple of times to the same gallon, it still tastes fine to drink.

But this Aldi milk is something else because it tastes pretty bad, like beyond anything I'd ever do to a gallon of milk. Lol.

Lilac

I find Costco milk the best tasting, by far, in my area. Very fresh and clean and delicious. And cheap, too. About $2.20 a gallon. If I run out of this milk and pick up a carton locally, sometimes it tastes awful. I figured this is a matter of part freshness, part added vitamins. Or maybe the cows are compromised.

Peata

Here's a website that lets you put in the code on your milk container to find out where it's from: http://whereismymilkfrom.com/ The milk we just finished off (not Aldi's) was from a dairy a couple hours away.

cyclops

I find Costco milk the best tasting, by far, in my area.

Yea, but I believe Costco only carries non-organic and ultra-pasteurized milk. Im surprised they dont have organic options.

ddjd

Just poured myself a glass of Aldi skim milk after I finished off the old carton of milk from Walmart and the difference in taste and quality was immediate. Aldi's milk is just off, like all the time. My last batch of groceries from them gave me real food poisoning and I think it was the milk. So this is a warning as well as to see if others have had the same experience. They just don't store the milk at a low enough temperature, I think.
Where do you live? Here in Germany Aldi milk is fresh and organic

Lilac

Yea, but I believe Costco only carries non-organic and ultra-pasteurized milk. Im surprised they dont have organic options.

My Costco has organic milk. I see a lot of people buying it, interestingly. I haven't tried it as I am so pleased with the regular milk, which Ray doesn't frown upon.

I'm drinking more milk since reading his last newsletter, on milk. I thought that was a really good one--accessible and actionable.

docall18

Where do you live? Here in Germany Aldi milk is fresh and organic

Yes, depends on what country your in. Aldi milk is normally sourced locally, and I find it to be the best milk where I am.

Dont think u need to make a thread knocking it just because your local store has issues.

Luann

Well I'm not out to trash Aldi's, just surprised that on both of the two random occasions the milk I got there tasted really bad. If others have good experiences with their milk well that's great. I did see online a cluster of bad reviews with their milk. People gotta do what works for them though. Thankfully Walmart is just up the street.