Alcohol: Which Is Least Estrogenic?

jaa

I consumed a bottle of vodka and mixed it with fresh squeezed OJ and carbonated water and was very surprised to wake up the next day without a hangover

lindsay

Regarding drinking alcohol and eating Saturated fats, I recall reading an article (and it was also mentioned in the Drinking Man's Diet) about how Russians survive their weddings (since they drink A LOT of vodka) - an old wives tale is that they eat a tbsp. or two of butter before the drinking begins to coat their stomach with fat and inhibit the complete absorption of alcohol. This way they can drink more and not get as drunk. I haven't tested it yet, but the logic is interesting.

Additionally, I think vodka or clear liquors are suppose to be less estrogenic. I used to love wine (and still drink it occasionally), but it started giving me histamine reactions, so I've switched to drinking a little vodka and OJ or other juice. I probably shouldn't drink anything (because I don't need the estrogen), but it relaxes me and I like to think that reduces stress ;)

pboy

Sorry I haven't read through this topic very much, but from my experience alcohol is either good or terrible. Wine is pretty much terrible post effect, next day affect, even if its of the highest quality organic and sulfite free. Its just too many grapes and therefore tannins and organic acids (mostly tartaric acid) which end up irritating the colon. I'll have to ***t all day long after a day of drinking a bottle of wine. With beer, its pretty much like wheat...not the worst thing ever, but noticeable gas and a bit of bloating the next day. Sake and distilled liquors, slightly deluted, as long as you don't get drunk, doesn't have any post affects. It might hurt the digestion of starches taken in at the same time, but that's pretty much it. So yea...go with slightly deluted sake, or distilled spirits deluted and/or mixed with something not too sweet

I gotta say though, alcohol is more of an instant way to get some heat when you're really hungry or cold, but isnt the best thing to take in in many situations...and a pinch of salt is necessary to actually power it (or perhaps a salty snack, I prefer to just pinch salt in the drink)

CoolTweetPete

Gabriel said:
What about cider?

Ray mentioned in his 'Food junk' article that apple cider often contains carrageenan even if its not listed on the ingredients. He then points the proverbial allergen finger at carrageenan.

Dayman

A lot of Rum is made from molasses from what I've read, not sure if that makes it good/bad. Ron Zacapa is made from sugar syrup however, and seems to get lots of good praises, it's pricey so I haven't tried any for myself. Don Q talks about being carbon filtered so could be good, but I wonder if the other rums are also carbon filtered but just don't include it in their spiel.
There is also Cachaça made from sugarcane juice.

CoolTweetPete

Ciroc vodka is made from grapes.

Plus it comes in a cool bottle you can wave around like you're in a rap video.

I have consumed copious amounts and noticed little hangover compared to beer / wine / dark liquors.

Gab34050

Life Extension Foundation makes a supplement called "Anti-Alcohol Antioxidants". Take one capsule with each drink and drink water too. Up to 6 per day. If you go over 6 drinks then you will negate effects and wake up with headache. My friend who likes red wine but reacts badly to it can now drink it by using AAA. Alcohol is toxin that kills good bacteria and assaults the liver without you noticing it until its too late.

Philomath

Life Extension Foundation makes a supplement called "Anti-Alcohol Antioxidants". Take one capsule with each drink and drink water too. Up to 6 per day. If you go over 6 drinks then you will negate effects and wake up with headache. My friend who likes red wine but reacts badly to it can now drink it by using AAA. Alcohol is toxin that kills good bacteria and assaults the liver without you noticing it until its too late.

image.png
How about this?
http://www.trulyspikedsparkling.com/

Truly Spiked & Sparkling™ varieties have 100 Calories, 2 grams of Carbohydrates, and 5% ABV.
A nutrition panel lists filtered water, beer made from sugar cane, natural flavors, sugar cane, citric acid and sodium citrate as the product’s only ingredients.

Waynish

Serotonin only appears to be a serotonin antagonist because it fills the role of serotonin. It's like saying that steroids are antagonists to testosterone production. It's true....but only because steroids fulfill the role of testosterone and cause the body to create less through negative feedback loops.

Maybe he believes that replacing serotonin with LSD is indeed beneficial at low doses (because maybe serotonin is more harmful, I don't know) but in reality, they appear to have the same function. They alter the brains sensory inputs in order to deal with real (serotonin) or perceived (hallucinogens) stress.

If you're taking enough LSD to induce hallucinations, you're taking enough to cause stress. If you're not taking enough to cause hallucinations...what's the point? Don't kid yourself and think otherwise.

If you want to find the one with the least amount of peripheral damage, go to erowid.com and read up on hallucinogens. BUT.....mind altering drugs are, by definition, harmful to brain metabolism.

I find LSD to be most beneficial to have at higher doses, less often. This idea that every therapy is supposed to be low stress - I don't get it. Yes, taking acid is very stressful. Another side effect is the depletion of serotonin via a unique pathway. I don't think there are any simple explanations available about it. Ray does have a paper on alternative understanding of psychedelic mechanism - for those interested.

On topic:
vodka/tequila + OJ/soda
For those with gut problems, I found absinthe + simple syrup to be the most medicinal drink.
Alcohol consumption is one of those cases when I think drinking extra water really is good advice :)

ddjd

Yep, You cant beat rum and coke! I can get properly battered on that, two glass of OJ at the end of the night and wake up with no hangover, and I get EPIC hangovers normally - When I mix red wine, beer, jager meister and a litre of jack daniels.
Yeah I remember this actually. It really does work

Sapien

i know beer is estrogenic because of the hops, but why would all other alchol be estrogenic besides vodka?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals