Alcohol And Stomach Warmth

Runenight201

So I believe the stomach warming effect of a nice shot of whiskey to be incredibly beneficial. Recently I’ve noted that at certain points, my stomach will become bloated, and the only thing that I have found to settle it is a nice shot of whiskey or some beer. The alcohol drops in and immediately soothe and puts me at ease.

Does anyone have any recs as to some non-alcoholic remedies for soothing the stomach? I’m particularly looking for that stomach warming effect that beer or a nice shot of whiskey will provide.

Ginger tea

jzeno

Estrogen from yeast, hops

Alcohol is a vasodilator. Like coffee. It causes the blood flow to increase due to the expanding of the veins. Not sure if this is good or not but same effect from coffee.

If you like whiskey, you might also enjoy jagger or something similar that's more traditional made from bitters. I hear people still use it as a folk remedy for upset digestion. I don't use it.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Alcohol is a vasodilator. Like coffee. It causes the blood flow to increase due to the expanding of the veins. Not sure if this is good or not but same effect from coffee.

If you like whiskey, you might also enjoy jagger or something similar that's more traditional made from bitters. I hear people still use it as a folk remedy for upset digestion. I don't use it.

I don’t think it’s an estrogen reaction, because I’ll feel that from eating too much starch, along with cortisol, serotonin, and general inflammation. This alcohol feeling is like a warm relaxation that starts in the stomach and spreads throughout my entire body. My pulse rate actually increased while my breathing slowed down, and I felt very warm, so it felt like a positive metabolic effect.

Tequila just makes me feel drunk, but with no stomach soothing affect. Whiskey gives me that stomach warmth, as well as beer. The whiskey + beer had calmed me down so much and made my stomach feel very pleasant. I was able to calmly go to sleep in a very relaxed state.

To be honest I don’t really enjoy the taste of whiskey, which is why I tried tequila. Honestly they are all rather harsh, but I love the stomach soothing effect. I actually enjoy bud light, and also feel a stomach soothing, but the effects peak at a half can. Anything more just doesn’t do anything positive anymore. I think a shot of whiskey and a half can of bud light might be my sweet spot.

Maybe a shot of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.

Apple cider vinegar is an alright remedy, but it doesn’t quite soothe like alcohol does. I originally tried that, but after not getting the effect I was looking for, had to turn to alcohol to calm me down. I do want to experiment with baking soda and vinegar, as I’ve read about sodium acetate helping soothe the stomach.

Of course, not letting my stomach become bloated and upset would be the appropriate first answer, but it’s so difficult to ride the line between too much starch and not enough starch.

Well, perhaps a tablespoon of high-quality vodka every day, which Peat has said could have antioxidant effects, could be a solution. Think of it as a spoonful of medicine, and preferably take it away from any meals so that you can feel it 'going down' and warming the stomach.

The unappetizing taste of neat vodka should reinforce the idea of it as a medicine and not a pleasure-drink, so that the health effects can be obtained without the temptation to abuse it. As long as your body has ample B-vitamins and low PUFA stores a daily tablespoon of vodka should be okay without the need to look for non-alcoholic options.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Well, perhaps a tablespoon of high-quality vodka every day, which Peat has said could have antioxidant effects, could be a solution. Think of it as a spoonful of medicine, and preferably take it away from any meals so that you can feel it 'going down' and warming the stomach.

The unappetizing taste of neat vodka should reinforce the idea of it as a medicine and not a pleasure-drink, so that the health effects can be obtained without the temptation to abuse it. As long as your body has ample B-vitamins and low PUFA stores a daily tablespoon of vodka should be okay without the need to look for non-alcoholic options.

I’ve never had addiction problems, and in fact I see people using drugs and alcohol as coping mechanisms to alleviate negative physiological states, but the problem is that most people don’t realize once the substance they use introduces new negative effects that overtake the initial positive effects they felt.
Once they take it too far addiction sets in and then some real nasty things happen.

Once I saw things in this light I began experimenting with smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol. If one pays attention they can realize when the substance they ingest starts causing problems. Too many hits from a tobacco bowl and I get nauseous and anxious, but just 2-3 puffs is a sweet spot of very pleasurable relaxation. Same with alcohol, 1-2 drinks for stomach comfort, anything more and the negative effects of alcohol that are put on blast all the time become pronounced. In my earlier years I use to abuse alcohol, and it doesn’t take more than 2-3 drinks to remind me of that awful drunk, stupid, tupor that occurs of having too many.

I’ve never had addiction problems, and in fact I see people using drugs and alcohol as coping mechanisms to alleviate negative physiological states, but the problem is that most people don’t realize once the substance they use introduces new negative effects that overtake the initial positive effects they felt.
Once they take it too far addiction sets in and then some real nasty things happen.

Once I saw things in this light I began experimenting with smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol. If one pays attention they can realize when the substance they ingest starts causing problems. Too many hits from a tobacco bowl and I get nauseous and anxious, but just 2-3 puffs is a sweet spot of very pleasurable relaxation. Same with alcohol, 1-2 drinks for stomach comfort, anything more and the negative effects of alcohol that are put on blast all the time become pronounced. In my earlier years I use to abuse alcohol, and it doesn’t take more than 2-3 drinks to remind me of that awful drunk, stupid, tupor that occurs of having too many.

I have had the warm stomach effect you mention from most liquors but not so much from beer. Alcohol in small amounts can really boost my metabolism better than a small bit of caffeine or sugar will. I’m not sure why you would only feel this from whisky or beer though.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I just managed to replicate that really good stomach warming effect from drinking lemon juice. I had maybe half a cup of bottled organic lemon juice. Really good stomach warmth, really good brain activation. Ive started becoming more aware of the mucus that accumulates in my throat. The lemon juice is doing a good job of eliminating it. I understand now why dr. Morse focused so heavily on mucus. This same mucus that accumulates in my throat also seems to subdue my cognitive abilities. When the mucus goes, so does my brain fog and stupidity, as well as so many other negative psychological states. I have a distinct calm feeling. I may go on a short little lemon juice fast....

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Introducing the lemon sparkling tequila cleanse!

lemon juice is well known for its anti-biotic, gut cleansing capabilities. In addition, The vitamin C and flavonoids will provide all the nourishment your body needs during this cleanse. Alcohol is the disinfectant of choice for dirty surfaces...like the inside of your gut! Sparkling water, with its ample CO2 content, will drive those bodily CO2 levels through the roof!

Why waste time on disgusting detox drinks, that never seem to actually make you feel better? Detox the enjoyable way...drink your way to new health! Feel the stomach warmth emanating positive metabolic energy throughout the entire body! Not only will your body feel great, your mind will too! As you become freer, as the bodily load lightens up, your thoughts will become joyful, human connection will be sought out and fostered!

Lets turn gut health protocols on their heads....join me on the lemon sparkling tequila cleanse and experience vibrant health!

lampofred

Alcohol is good for the gut the same way SSRIs can be

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Lemon and vinegar for stomach warmth!

lemon and vinegar yucca with meat and salt. Digested sooo cleanly.

chased it with lemon sparkling tequila with sugar...

Lemon on everything!

Alcohol gets a bad rep because people abuse it. It’s just like anything else, beneficial in therapeutic amounts, harmful in excessive quantities! Perhaps the excessive quantity is even one shot! If the drink tastes bad then it’s excessive!

Lemon and vinegar for stomach warmth!

lemon and vinegar yucca with meat and salt. Digested sooo cleanly.

chased it with lemon sparkling tequila with sugar...

Lemon on everything!

Alcohol gets a bad rep because people abuse it. It’s just like anything else, beneficial in therapeutic amounts, harmful in excessive quantities! Perhaps the excessive quantity is even one shot! If the drink tastes bad then it’s excessive!
If the gut doesn't have a lot of endotoxins, then alcohol may not be too bad. Since it kills pathogens, it may end up acting as an indirect metabolic booster due to less gut flora.

Consuming butter or tallow with the alcohol can help prevent the injuries associated with alcohol( liver and gut damage).

Theobromine is a vasodilator but is not found in coffee. Caffeine (methyltheobromine) is, however, it is a vasoconstrictor.

EIRE24

Introducing the lemon sparkling tequila cleanse!

lemon juice is well known for its anti-biotic, gut cleansing capabilities. In addition, The vitamin C and flavonoids will provide all the nourishment your body needs during this cleanse. Alcohol is the disinfectant of choice for dirty surfaces...like the inside of your gut! Sparkling water, with its ample CO2 content, will drive those bodily CO2 levels through the roof!

Why waste time on disgusting detox drinks, that never seem to actually make you feel better? Detox the enjoyable way...drink your way to new health! Feel the stomach warmth emanating positive metabolic energy throughout the entire body! Not only will your body feel great, your mind will too! As you become freer, as the bodily load lightens up, your thoughts will become joyful, human connection will be sought out and fostered!

Lets turn gut health protocols on their heads....join me on the lemon sparkling tequila cleanse and experience vibrant health!
I’d be careful, I got a stomach ulcer from consuming lots of vodka on an empty stomach. I was doing it regularly obviously.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I am experiencing the warmest stomach I’ve ever had in my whole life. I’ve had alcohol induced warmth, but this is warmth without the intoxification effects of alcohol. This is warmth and general well-being hugging my entire body like a heated blanket. My hands, finally, are very warm. How easily they go cold, yet right now they are emanating the metabolic heat!

For appetizers I had a milk, coffee, turmeric, cinnamon, vanilla, brown sugar drink. That started the warmth. But I soon had my fill and couldn’t drink any more.

I still felt hungry, so I had some homemade soup. Water, onions, green onions, garlic, jalapeños, tomato sauce, dash of milk, turmeric, and lime.

That soup did it. I’ve had soup before, but never with that concoction of ingredients. That soup is magical. That soup will heal!

I look at my stomach in the mirror, and I see the bloated ball of constipation, of disease, of evil, of illness, of brain fog, of inflammation, of self-doubt, of confusion, of so many insomniac nights, of so many fatigued days, of so many anhedonic moments, of so much anxiety and depression. And with this warmth, I feel it being pushed out. Out of the body it goes, and with a pure body, comes a pure mind. I am certain that constipated mass is what is holding me back, and I am certain that I have the tools to purify it out of me body.

SonOfEurope

A 30ml shot of Whisky or light rum with some lemon juice per day around 11 in the morning will get temps up a bit and stimulate apetitte, eventually replace it with sunlight when spring comes.