ALCAR More Effective Than Testosterone For Sexual Function

opethfeldt

I took ALCAR for a period. I was the biggest (most muscular) I've ever been and also got leaner. Androgen receptor density increasing is probably what caused this. However, I also felt very stressed and looked it in the face. Sort of a trade off. Not one I'm willing to make anymore.

accelerator

In my practice it's mostly the above 55yo group that is adrenal deficient.

When a 30yo has a pituirary carcinoma the adrenals are usually unafected and Testosterone + DHEA + Pregnenolone replacement suffice.

Above 55yo I almost always have to prescribe 20mg hydrocortisone too

So I take it, T3 doesn't help them, since your giving cortisone?

baccheion

In my practice it's mostly the above 55yo group that is adrenal deficient.

When a 30yo has a pituirary carcinoma the adrenals are usually unafected and Testosterone + DHEA + Pregnenolone replacement suffice.

Above 55yo I almost always have to prescribe 20mg hydrocortisone too
Does (megadose; 300-500 IU/kg/day or maybe more like 50,000 IU/day) vitamin D3 function like this cortisol-like medication? I'm aware D3 lowers cortisol. I am wondering if it's due to a sort of replacement.

db9

Ah sure.

But I would think it's more of a modulator, possibly having a sparing effect on the adrenal/glucocorticoid system:

L-carnitine: A nutritional modulator of glucocorticoid receptor functions. - PubMed - NCBI
"Pharmacological doses of L-carnitine can activate GRalpha and, through this mechanism, regulate glucocorticoid-responsive genes, potentially sharing some of the biological and therapeutic properties of glucocorticoids"
Hey Lokzo, what is your personal experience with Alcar. It seemingly Upregulates D1 receptors as well. Would you account this effect as significant? I’m really interested in that as someone with ADD.

ddjd

ALCAR is massively anti thyroid. You need to be really careful with it imo

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals