Alan Aragon Slinging Insults Towards Ray Peat And His Work

cliff

Re: Alan Aragon Slinging Insults Towards Ray Peat and His Wo

frustrated said:
He brings attention to very sound ideas, that no one gives a f*ck about, such as calcium, thyroid, fructose, and co2. On the other hand he talks about some of his other ideas as if they were facts, when they are very speculative, at times poorly referenced, and he rarely addresses conflicting evidence (almost always dismissed because of the corruption of scientific culture).

People who think this haven't read all his articles and researched themselves. Once you see the whole picture his ideas become a lot more concrete and less speculative, you'd be surprised how little conflicting evidence there is.

cliff said:
People who think this haven't read all his articles and researched themselves. Once you see the whole picture his ideas become a lot more concrete and less speculative, you'd be surprised how little conflicting evidence there is.

+180.

Everything I've come across in my own researches has more or less confirmed Peat's model once spin was taken out of the equation.

kettlebell

Im currently learning about Peats take on Genetics and it is just amazing. Im absolutely hooked.

gretchen

GamestopDorito said:
cliff said:

+180.

Everything I've come across in my own researches has more or less confirmed Peat's model once spin was taken out of the equation.

Yes, this appears to be the case. I read a thread on MDA recently in which the people actually made fun of the idea of having a healthy body temperature and pulse.

chris

kettlebell said:
Im currently learning about Peats take on Genetics and it is just amazing. Im absolutely hooked.

What's his take?

nwo2012

I really dont get why you give a flying ***k about winning debates. It's like trying to debate on vaccines, healthcare, TPTB etc to the sheeple. You will never win. Use your time informing either yourselves or those with ears to listen. The rest, let them have their heart disease and cancer. I see this in abundance day in, day out. Might sound a little twisted but I just laugh to myself. And feel glad that I know enough to keep my self and my own family healthy and know that they will do the same when they have kids of their own, and so on.

Asimov

Alan Aragon is completely unassailable solely because of his refusal to commit to well......anything.

It's easy to have a 'debate' when you have absolutely no stance and simply pick apart the weakest part of other people's ideas. It's one of the oldest internet troll strategies to winning a debate.

A) Plant no goal post
B) Attack everyone else's goal posts at the weakest possible point
C) Defeat calm rational defense with obtuse criticism and namecalling
D) Defeat overt emotional defense with calm, rational (but poorly eludicated) explanation (posting random pubmed studies that you haven't yet read is a good tactic)

As you can see, it's impossible to "lose" this type of debate. The only thing you can do is walk away or punch the guy in the face. Online.....there's only one choice.

truegrit

I am giving this the bump of all bumps here, but Alan Aragon is currently being exposed and (rightfully) pilloried as a frequent sexual harasser of women. At least 3 women have come forward with what seems like unambiguous proof. He also outed himself as an alcoholic on his Facebook (it's since been deleted) and then made a kinda halfhearted apology.

It's weird. When I became obsessed with diet and nutrition stuff many years ago (through a mostly bodybuilding lens), Alan was one of the first people I latched onto. He seemed evidence-based and like the grand debunker of BS on the bodybuilding [dot] com forums and t-nation. Now, after acquainting myself with Dr. Peat and others, Alan's work seems super shallow and close-minded and biased.

Anyway, I know this seems like a weird bump but on Danny Roddy's recent Patreon with Jahed, they cite this very Facebook debate, which then prompted me to look it up, and then all these allegations came out this week. So here we are: bump. Haha.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals