Aguadepanela

Soybean

Aguadepanela or aguapanela is a hot drink made by dissolving panela (raw cane sugar blocks) in boiling water. It is a staple food in Colombia and the rest of South America. You can add lime juice, milk, or make coffee with it. I found the panela in an asian supermarket.

I had it yesterday, its tasty and sweet. My friend and I both felt warm and happy for some hours after drinking it, seems peaty.

Recipe:
mix 5 cups water and around 100-200g panela, boil until the panela is dissolved.

Drink hot or cold

panela-bruine-suiker-sugar-cane.jpg

Aguapanela-con-limon.jpg

What I use is called "batida" here it is sugarcane variety which is condensed sugarcane juice. Small drop on the picture is what called rapadura here, I believe it is another name for panela. On the image you can see difference in refining degree.
IMG_20200513_192352892.jpg

OP
Soybean

Soybean

Is it that much better than regular cane sugar?

I haven't tried it with regular cane sugar yet. But for the panela itself, it has a distinct taste that is different from regular cane sugar.

Some colombians claim that it has extreme health benefits.

cafe de olla is made with panela. its muy bien

I made coffee with panela water today, it was good. While I don't like putting sugar in coffee usually.

What I use is called "batida" here it is sugarcane variety which is condensed sugarcane juice. Small drop on the picture is what called rapadura here, I believe it is another name for panela. On the image you can see difference in refining degree.
View attachment 17874

Looks nice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals