Agmatine

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've tried it all . Even clonidine and beta blockers . Beta blockers worked the best ,but definitely not a long term strategy. I think my adrenaline issues are digestion related as I often got them after eating.
Then agmatine might work great. Just take it on an empty stomach for the best absorption.
Cat's claw is also anti-adrenergic and blocks a host of serotonin receptors (5-HT2A, 2B, 2C, 4 and 7).

Mauritio

Then agmatine might work great. Just take it on an empty stomach for the best absorption.
Cat's claw is also anti-adrenergic and blocks a host of serotonin receptors (5-HT2A, 2B, 2C, 4 and 7).
Yes already ordered it . Its prohibited in Europe but I could order without a problem from an Austrian website .

Wow,didn't know about cats claw ! I think agmatine is 5ht3 antagonist, so it might stack well with cats claw .
Does cats claw have mixed activity on 5ht receptors or some estrogenic/prolactin activities?

I have found this interesting study and it seems cats claw is very effective against candida. Actually as effective as normal medication.
I've been long suspecting my gut problems are due to candida overgrowth so that's another plus for cats claw .
Evaluation of Different Treatment Methods Against Denture Stomatitis: A Randomized Clinical Study - PubMed

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes already ordered it . Its prohibited in Europe but I could order without a problem from an Austrian website .

Wow,didn't know about cats claw ! I think agmatine is 5ht3 antagonist, so it might stack well with cats claw .
Does cats claw have mixed activity on 5ht receptors or some estrogenic/prolactin activities?
It's an agonist to the 5-HT1A/B receptor, so that will help to lower serotonin as well. It's an antagonist to all the other mentioned serotonin receptors.
I can't find anything on prolactin and some studies show that it has anti-estrogenic properties.

Mauritio

It's an agonist to the 5-HT1A/B receptor, so that will help to lower serotonin as well. It's an antagonist to all the other mentioned serotonin receptors.
I can't find anything on prolactin and some studies show that it has anti-estrogenic properties.
Wow, simply great ! How come I haven't read about it in all these years ?!
Check out the study I included in my last post !

Hans

Forum Supporter
Wow, simply great ! How come I haven't read about it in all these years ?!
Check out the study I included in my last post !
Cool, yeah histamine is a potent stimulator of serotonin in the gut and probably elsewhere as well.

I should have mentioned that since cat's claw inhibits serotonin, it should lower prolactin, as serotonin increases prolactin.

Mauritio

Cool, yeah histamine is a potent stimulator of serotonin in the gut and probably elsewhere as well.

I should have mentioned that since cat's claw inhibits serotonin, it should lower prolactin, as serotonin increases prolactin.
Yeah I was thinking since plants often have estrogenic actions but it doesnt seem to be the case here . I actually just read of someone who said it has helped him with his seasonal allergies as a replacement for anti histamines.

The only drawback some people see is gut irritation so I hope I won't have that . And there seems to be a wide range of quality with depending on the supplier... so it seems important to have a good brand at hand. Can you recommend any ?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yeah I was thinking since plants often have estrogenic actions but it doesnt seem to be the case here . I actually just read of someone who said it has helped him with his seasonal allergies as a replacement for anti histamines.

The only drawback some people see is gut irritation so I hope I won't have that . And there seems to be a wide range of quality with depending on the supplier... so it seems important to have a good brand at hand. Can you recommend any ?
Yes, quality is very important. I don't have a specific brand in mind. I get the NOW brand.

Mauritio

Yes, quality is very important. I don't have a specific brand in mind. I get the NOW brand.
Okay thanks for all the info . I'll simply try a german brand . Maybe you should do a future article on cats claw ,I'm sure other people also haven't hear about it's crazy properties !

Hans

Forum Supporter
Okay thanks for all the info . I'll simply try a german brand . Maybe you should do a future article on cats claw ,I'm sure other people also haven't hear about it's crazy properties !
I will probably do that sometime later. So many things on the "to come" list. :)

Mauritio

I will probably do that sometime later. So many things on the "to come" list. :)
Great ,maybe you should include that cats claw sometimes has a heavy detox reaction . That's what I read online. So I'll try agmatine first ,which is safer in that regard.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great ,maybe you should include that cats claw sometimes has a heavy detox reaction . That's what I read online. So I'll try agmatine first ,which is safer in that regard.
Yes, definitely. Caution is always a good thing with supplements.

you should be able to use agmatine topically, dissolved in water.

Ocular hypotensive effects of topically administered agmatine in a chronic ocular hypertensive rat model - ScienceDirect
Agmatine, a primary polyamine and potential neuromodulator, exhibits a high affinity to the α2-adrenergic receptor as well as imidazoline receptors. As α2-adrenergic receptor agonists display positive ocular hypotensive effects, we assessed whether agmatine effectively lowers intraocular pressure (IOP) using a chronic ocular hypertensive rat model.

We raised IOP in unilateral eyes of Sprague–Dawley rats by cauterizing three episcleral veins per eye.

Four weeks later, we topically administered 10−3 M agmatine solution 4 times a day for 6 consecutive weeks. After confirming the recovery of IOP to pretreatment level at 13 weeks after cauterization, the retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) were retrogradely labeled and counted.

Eyes subjected to episcleral vein cauterization (EVC) demonstrated significant increases in IOP (48.39% increase over baseline IOP), and the elevated IOP was well maintained until 12 weeks.

Topically administered agmatine powerfully lowered IOP to 30.29% of its pretreatment level, and the associated washout period was about two weeks. EVC was associated with a 55.44% loss of RGCs in the control group, but agmatine appeared to attenuate this RGC loss to 18.65%. Overall, topically administered agmatine appeared to effectively lower IOP and rescue RGCs in a chronic ocular hypertensive rat model. Although the mechanism underlying these effects is not yet established, it is possible that agmatine offers a powerful new ocular hypotensive agent for eyes with chronic ocular hypertension and/or glaucoma.