Agmatine Is A Natural Amino Acid With Amazing Health Benefits

Hans

Forum Supporter
There have been a few discussions about agmatine already and I found it to be a very interesting substance so I thought I'd research it some more and write an article about it.

In short, agmatine is very neuroprotective and not only does it have varied anti-addiction properties to Opioids, amphetamines, caffeine, nicotine & alcohol, but it also seems to make other drugs, and medicines more potent in their effects. For example it potentiates the effects of lithium.
It also shares some of the anti-depressant properties of Ketamine, via the mTOR AMPA pathway.
It's anti-depressant properties is not through serotonin, but other mechanisms, such as allopregnanolone, NOS and NMDA inhibition, etc.
It's also an analgesic and can act as a painkiller, not only for muscles, but also neurological pain.

Read the article for much more info: Agmatine: an absolutely amazing amino acid for your whole body » MenElite

Have you used it before? Share your experience with me if you have used it before.

Jing

There have been a few discussions about agmatine already and I found it to be a very interesting substance so I thought I'd research it some more and write an article about it.

In short, agmatine is very neuroprotective and not only does it have varied anti-addiction properties to Opioids, amphetamines, caffeine, nicotine & alcohol, but it also seems to make other drugs, and medicines more potent in their effects. For example it potentiates the effects of lithium.
It also shares some of the anti-depressant properties of Ketamine, via the mTOR AMPA pathway.
It's anti-depressant properties is not through serotonin, but other mechanisms, such as allopregnanolone, NOS and NMDA inhibition, etc.
It's also an analgesic and can act as a painkiller, not only for muscles, but also neurological pain.

Read the article for much more info: Agmatine: an absolutely amazing amino acid for your whole body » MenElite

Have you used it before? Share your experience with me if you have used it before.
I've wanted to try agmatine but it's not available in the UK anymore.

I've wanted to try agmatine but it's not available in the UK anymore.

@Jing
Seems Ebay UK have a product listed as Pharma Freak Pump Freak, which contains Agmatine, don't know how safe it is though as many other ingredients listed :eek::nailbiting:

Inaut

I just bought some AllMax on amazon to test it out.

Drareg

Thanks, it’s a good read.

I’m surprised agmatine doesn’t get used more on here, Peat mentioned it in a newsletter last year when he was speaking about general anesthetics and noble gases like xenon, similar milder effects.

I’ve used it and can confirm the many observations you have, I will say it can be sedative when used too often, mild memory blanks at times or it could be more a lack of interest to remember , I want to try it again and explore that context a bit more, I did feel it was a case of not entertaining pointless trivial memories both short and long term but it takes consecutive days of use to get to this.

It also seems coherent and systemic, hence the reason the research can be contradictory in some cases like inhibiting certain aspects of adrenaline "receptors" and enhancing in other cases.
It does seem to increase prolactin in higher doses in mice, at 20 mg/kg prolactin is not effected, this is around the dosage for humans mostly recommended. My guess though is that agmatine can build up in the system and lingers for about a day after dosing ,this is my experience of it, I think if it builds up then it’s possible it could increase prolactin ? Our system stores it.

https://moscow.sci-hub.tw/1354/503a6840e1e9f18e588f13ba4f5d249a/kotagale2012.pdf?download=true
"Effects on plasma prolactin levels in rats
Agmatine (40 and 80 mg/kg, ip) injections produced a significant increase with mean of 0.47±0.023 (Pb0.05) and 0.67±0.038 ng/ml (P b 0.001) in plasma prolactin levels respectively as compared to saline (0.32±0.035 ng/ml) treated animals (F(3, 11)=26.82, Pb0.001, one way ANOVA post hoc Dunnett mean comparisons). However plasma prolactin unaltered.levels in the animals treated with 20 mg/kg remain unaltered"

I would be concerned also with the increase in allopregnenolone using enzymes for androgens if too high a dose is used, no research on that yet but it’s plausible.

A
gmatine is an agonist of the 5ht2a receptor also, I was curious about this in relation to coronaviruses using this pathway to activate, this is the same "receptor" that effects libido, we discussed that on here in the past, it’s the Wikipedia page saying it’s an agonist but I couldn’t find more.
5-HT2A receptor - Wikipedia

Lowers Endotoxins also-https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27453424/

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans another great post. Thanks mate!!!
Thanks man, appreciate it.
Thanks, it’s a good read.

I’m surprised agmatine doesn’t get used more on here, Peat mentioned it in a newsletter last year when he was speaking about general anesthetics and noble gases like xenon, similar milder effects.

I’ve used it and can confirm the many observations you have, I will say it can be sedative when used too often, mild memory blanks at times or it could be more a lack of interest to remember , I want to try it again and explore that context a bit more, I did feel it was a case of not entertaining pointless trivial memories both short and long term but it takes consecutive days of use to get to this.

It also seems coherent and systemic, hence the reason the research can be contradictory in some cases like inhibiting certain aspects of adrenaline "receptors" and enhancing in other cases.
It does seem to increase prolactin in higher doses in mice, at 20 mg/kg prolactin is not effected, this is around the dosage for humans mostly recommended. My guess though is that agmatine can build up in the system and lingers for about a day after dosing ,this is my experience of it, I think if it builds up then it’s possible it could increase prolactin ? Our system stores it.

https://moscow.sci-hub.tw/1354/503a6840e1e9f18e588f13ba4f5d249a/kotagale2012.pdf?download=true
"Effects on plasma prolactin levels in rats
Agmatine (40 and 80 mg/kg, ip) injections produced a significant increase with mean of 0.47±0.023 (Pb0.05) and 0.67±0.038 ng/ml (P b 0.001) in plasma prolactin levels respectively as compared to saline (0.32±0.035 ng/ml) treated animals (F(3, 11)=26.82, Pb0.001, one way ANOVA post hoc Dunnett mean comparisons). However plasma prolactin unaltered.levels in the animals treated with 20 mg/kg remain unaltered"

I would be concerned also with the increase in allopregnenolone using enzymes for androgens if too high a dose is used, no research on that yet but it’s plausible.

A
gmatine is an agonist of the 5ht2a receptor also, I was curious about this in relation to coronaviruses using this pathway to activate, this is the same "receptor" that effects libido, we discussed that on here in the past, it’s the Wikipedia page saying it’s an agonist but I couldn’t find more.
5-HT2A receptor - Wikipedia

Lowers Endotoxins also-Agmatine Ameliorates Lipopolysaccharide Induced Depressive-Like Behaviour in Mice by Targeting the Underlying Inflammatory and Oxido-Nitrosative Mediators - PubMed
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27453424/
Yeah I haven't found any human evidence that it affects prolactin, so it's most likely not at the used doses that it does.
There are only two animal studies that show that agmatine "activates" the 5HT2A receptor, because a 5HT2A antagonist blocks the effect of agmatine. But as we know, there is no drug specific to only one thing. Agmatine works through so many mechanisms, so it's hard to believe that only a 5HT2A antagonist can block the effect of agmatine.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Resembles memantine, yes?
Memantine-agmatine-structure.jpg

Not in terms of structure, but in terms of NMDA antagonism yes. They have overlapping properties, but also quite distinct ones.

Broken man

I tried it but had intestinal inflammation.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting. It's supposed to reduce intestinal inflammation. Did you use a pure product or could it have been an excipient?

johnwester130

will diamant by haidut do the same thing as agmatine

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
will diamant by haidut do the same thing as agmatine
Definitely not the same thing, but they're both very beneficial and will have overlapping properties. They'd probably synergize well.

Broken man

Interesting. It's supposed to reduce intestinal inflammation. Did you use a pure product or could it have been an excipient?
Ye I read that it could but was not the case with me. Bought it from bulk supplements.

Mito

@Hans I noticed your article sites a study showing agmatine inhibits iNOS and nNOS. I wonder why NutraBio advertises it as a way to increase nitric oxide?

Agmatine, the next generation "Super Arginine" for ultimate Muscle Pumps:

Agmatine is the next generation arginine and is often referred to as "Super Arginine" because of its ability to give explosive increases in Nitric Oxide synthesis. Increased nitric oxide results in vasodilation, which increases blood flow, nutrient delivery to skeletal muscle, and oxygen transport. Increased blood for ultimate muscle pumps. It acts as a neurotransmitter, a precursor to the polyamines and has many other key biological functions within the body.
Agmatine Sulfate (500mg) - 90 Vegetable Capsules

Mito

Peat mentioned it in a newsletter last year when he was speaking about general anesthetics and noble gases like xenon, similar milder effects.
Do you recall which newsletter?

zarrin77

It increases gut transit speed to such an extent that a larger oral dose can give diarrhea. This is a known side effect.

Try taking it subligually. This is my preferred ROA, and also might increase the effects. Can use a slightly smaller dose to get the same effect with sublingual.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans I noticed your article sites a study showing agmatine inhibits iNOS and nNOS. I wonder why NutraBio advertises it as a way to increase nitric oxide?

Agmatine, the next generation "Super Arginine" for ultimate Muscle Pumps:

Agmatine is the next generation arginine and is often referred to as "Super Arginine" because of its ability to give explosive increases in Nitric Oxide synthesis. Increased nitric oxide results in vasodilation, which increases blood flow, nutrient delivery to skeletal muscle, and oxygen transport. Increased blood for ultimate muscle pumps. It acts as a neurotransmitter, a precursor to the polyamines and has many other key biological functions within the body.
Agmatine Sulfate (500mg) - 90 Vegetable Capsules
That's how companies like to market things because people like the pump so much they'd pay lots of money for it.
Although agmatine inhibits iNOS and nNOS, there is evidence that it could increase eNOS. Agmatine Activation of Nitric Oxide Synthase in Endothelial Cells - PubMed