Agmatine A Serotonin Inhibitor?

dookie

on this website it says

"Agmatine can inhibit calcium channels and certain serotonin receptors as well. "

Agmatine - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects

Anyone experimented with agmatine?

"Blocking the 5-HT3 receptor does not appear to abolish the antidepressant effects of agmatine[89] perhaps since it has been implicated for being an antagonist itself,[38][126] and agmatine does not appear to be a direct ligand for the 5-HT2 receptors.[67]"

I have to say I'm curious about the serotonin connection too, since I do experience some overlaps between agmatine and cyproheptadine. Maybe @haidut can chime in

OP
ddjd

ddjd

From: Agmatine - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects
"Blocking the 5-HT3 receptor does not appear to abolish the antidepressant effects of agmatine[89] perhaps since it has been implicated for being an antagonist itself,[38][126] and agmatine does not appear to be a direct ligand for the 5-HT2 receptors.[67]"

I have to say I'm curious about the serotonin connection too, since I do experience some overlaps between agmatine and cyproheptadine. Maybe @haidut can chime in

yeah very interesting. what does direct ligand mean?

i suspect it is anti serotonin, interesting that it is a 5ht3 antagonist

griesburner

Agmatine sounds very interesting to me, anyone has experiences good or bad with it?

dookie

@griesburner @Joeyd

I tried it a few times. It is very subtle. A bit relaxing but not sedating. There are some overlaps with cyproheptadine. That's why I would be curious what it does to serotonin.

@haidut do you know?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@griesburner @Joeyd

I tried it a few times. It is very subtle. A bit relaxing but not sedating. There are some overlaps with cyproheptadine. That's why I would be curious what it does to serotonin.

@haidut do you know?
Sometimes I find it very sedating and then other times it has no effect. But I'm convinced it reduces Serotonin

outcast1979

I run a cycle of agmatine in the past,i had major problems coming of fina and then coming of ssri and benzos,we talking about a living hell.Agmatine along with cbd made my life change completely,no fears no anxiety my sex drive skyrocket along with high confidence,especially depression vanished.Now i will give it a shot again for more months as a experiment to see if i can hold the positive effects of this substance.I dont know how it works but the feeling for the time i was on was great.I hope to replicate the same effects this time.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It just so happens I have some on hand. I believe I got it about 2 or 3 years ago when I was struggling a bit after my mom passed and I was working nights. I remember it seemed helpful. I may try it again just for the sake of experimentation. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals