Agitation, Tension after stopping benzos and alcohol

daydreamer

Hi all
46yr old male, healthy, great diet, been high level athlete my whole life, nightly beer and weed smoker,,,,, 5 yrs ago started to experience hightend anxiety,,,,took benzos before bed,,,4.5yrs, first xanax then klonopin
10months off benzos after 5 yr use, and no beer and weed anymore :(
Have 100 pages of labs that all look good, MRIs of head and neck, CTs of abdomen,all look good, TSH, nearly every test you can think of,,,good,,,,

Tried celexa for 6mo, decided no more pills

As time progresses off of the benzos and beer I have more anxiety, crawling out of my skin feelings, agitation
Head, neck and jaw tight,, jaw clenching, sore, dizzy, woozy drunken feeling, abdomen bloated and tense, feels like you cant breathe, muscles in body tight, tense, derealization bad,,,not steady on feet at times,,,,

People on benzo fourms say dont take anything and let your brain heal, but prior to this, I drank beer and smoked weed every night for years on end,,,but do nothing now, nothing,,

What can I look into taking that may help this agitation, tension? upregulate GABA-A? ,,, I can only lift light weights now and do 80min walk before bed
maybe
-magnesium glycinate
-kava
-valerian
-pregnenalone
-b vit complex

I am open to ideas,,,,

I am this close to going back on my medical marijuana, but just scared now

I am just scared taking something may affect my healing and cause setbacks

I feel like a shell of what I was,,,,I want to live life again like I used to

TY all
Daydreamer

SonOfEurope

Oh man....

To save me from writing, and you from reading, a 500 paragraph long story just click on my profile and go through my posts.

Benzo-booze Withdrawal after years is something that can kill you or leave you in a bad state for the rest of your life unless the withdrawal is slow, controlled, measured and you aid your brain's healing.

Read my story in my posts

Back
Top Bottom