Aging Eyes, Infant Eyes, And Excitable Tissues' Translated Portuguese Version

Hi, this is my first post on Ray Peat Forum. I started reading Ray Peat Articles in about 10, january 2016, though I have read about Ray Peat's claim that salt was good for the health from other health blog about 2 months earlier. I'm a brazilian 19 years old male interested in understanding how the body works since I was 17,8 years old, in 2014. Since I got into the english language world since I was 13 years old, or in 2010, and since I understand portuguese, the Brazil's official language, and since I love Ray Peat's article, I would like to spread his knowledge through Brazil.

I have already translated R. P.'s article Aging Eyes, Infant Eyes, and Excitable Tissues to portuguese. Would you moderators accept my efforts in helping to diffuse Ray Peat's work? Do you guys know how I could maybe contact Ray Peat so that he could somehow put the translated version of his articles (and other articles that I will problably translate) on his website?

My first question should be whether he wants someone to translate his articles.

By the way, I tried but don't know how to upload my wordpad-made translation of R. P.'s article into this thread.

Amazoniac

Just edit and click on Upload a File, I don't know if that option is available for new users though; and I'm not sure if posting here would be a good option since they should be on his website.
I think it would be best if you could share with another lord so that you both discuss if sentences are conveying the intented meaning, otherwise it can be misleading. Not only that, but a rough translation doesn't appear natural and it's difficult for native speakers of a given language to make sense and understand the information (languages derived from latin are terrible at borrowing english terms and translating them roughly).
And then sending the collection to Ray.
I can help you out with that if you want to. That's the closest I can get to behave like burtlancast in this forum.
Welcome by the way!

Last edited:
OP
Mr. God of Cars
Thanks for welcoming me to this forum! Unfortunately I found no edit buttom. Fortunately it seems there actually is a "Upload a File" buttom for new users, because I'm seeing one. The problem I'm dealing with is that, after I click on the "Upload a File" buttom and choose the specific file I'm trying to upload, the following error warning message pops up:

"The following error occurred

The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Olhos de Envelhecimento, Olhos Infantis, e Tecidos Excitáveis.rtf"

So I'm wondering what format file shall I upload.

I actually have no one to help me with translating Ray Peat's awesome articles.

And if you can help me to send my portuguese translated versions of Ray Peat's articles to him, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
Mr. God of Cars
So you do understand portuguese :)
The Aging Eyes, Infant Eyes, And Excitable Tissues' Translated Portuguese Version was made in the program Microsoft WordPad, but since it is impossible to upload a WordPad document, I have had to convert it into a .txt document. But since the translation of Ray Peat's article have, as in the original english article, some phrases in bold letters, and since it is not possible to bold letters in a .txt document, I made a warning message at the end of the .txt document which is attached in this commentary, advising which phrases are in bold letters in the original article, allowing you, if you're going to send it to Ray Peat, to show to Ray Peat which words corresponds to the bold letters of the original article.

Attachments

• Olhos de Envelhecimento, Olhos Infantis, e Tecidos Excitáveis.txt
    23.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
.doc and .docx are allowed. You should be able to upload them.

OP
Mr. God of Cars
Unluckily, my microsoft Word doesn't allow me to save a file as .doc or .docx

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
Mr. God of Cars
It saves only in 6 types:

1. Rich Text Format (RTF);
2. Office Open Document XML;
3. OpenDocument Text;
4. Text Document;
5. Text Document - MS-DOS Format;
6. Unicode Text Document.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You should be able to upload rtf now.

OP
Mr. God of Cars
Thanks for allowing me to be able to upload a .rtf document.

For your information, Amazoniac and I have been in a conversation. So he and I are translating Ray Peat's articles to make a collection of translated article to send to Ray Peat.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
For your information, Amazoniac and I have been in a conversation. So he and I are translating Ray Peat's articles to make a collection of translated article to send to Ray Peat.
You are doing good work. :hattip

OP
Mr. God of Cars
Thanks for your appreciation.
I bet my appreciation for Ray Peat's work is much more greater than your appreciation for mine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals