Ageless Peater

EIRE24

Just wanted to give an update about glycerin: It works great, but you must apply a bit of water on your face. Without it, my skin looked greasy(not in a good way).
My skin never holds moisture it always looks either really dry and red or oily. It's as if my moisture barrier is screwed up. I wonder if glycerin or something like urea would help restore that?

sladerunner69

Copper and gelatin? For what exactly? Too much copper can be a bad thing if one isn't eating enough zinc to balance the ratio 10:1 or 8:1

That's why I get my copper mainly from oysters but also from liver. The day after I eat lvier my skin looks better and I know its the copper.

EIRE24

That's why I get my copper mainly from oysters but also from liver. The day after I eat lvier my skin looks better and I know its the copper.
I guess that shows how different everyone is, I love liver but it's never helped my skin in the slightest no matter how much I eat. Maybe I need to take more zinc with it or eat more oysters. Not a fan of oysters at all

sladerunner69

I guess that shows how different everyone is, I love liver but it's never helped my skin in the slightest no matter how much I eat. Maybe I need to take more zinc with it or eat more oysters. Not a fan of oysters at all

Oysters are delicious... liver is repulsive. The only way I (or anyone else I know) find liver appetizing is if I soak it in milk to remove the acidic bile.

You are clearly some kind of opposite man

EIRE24

Oysters are delicious... liver is repulsive. The only way I (or anyone else I know) find liver appetizing is if I soak it in milk to remove the acidic bile.

You are clearly some kind of opposite man
I am clearly some kind of opposite man?

Thanks?

EIRE24

Do you not care for the taste of coffee with cream and sugar as well???
Where did that question come out of and what does that have to do with eating liver?

I drink my coffee black with added sugar, at times maybe a cappuccino but cream...no.

OP
R

Ron J

My skin never holds moisture it always looks either really dry and red or oily. It's as if my moisture barrier is screwed up. I wonder if glycerin or something like urea would help restore that?
Glycerin makes my skin look better; I think holding onto more moisture is part of the reason. When I used glycerin without any moisture(a bit of water on my face) it looked oily in a dirty way.

sladerunner69

Where did that question come out of and what does that have to do with eating liver?

I drink my coffee black with added sugar, at times maybe a cappuccino but cream...no.

HAHA wow that is so strange! coffee with just sugar is terrible! I can drink coffee black or coffee with cream and sugar, but just sugar is totally off.

Brah, you got some peculiar tastes.

EIRE24

HAHA wow that is so strange! coffee with just sugar is terrible! I can drink coffee black or coffee with cream and sugar, but just sugar is totally off.

Brah, you got some peculiar tastes.
Coffee with cream? Are you for real mate? Tastes like ***t to me

HLP

Riboflavin P5P has caused some of my "age spots" to dry up and fall off.

J

James IV

I've experienced that learning which foods (and anything else you ingest) leave the least "residue," therefore keeping the gut as "clean" as possible; is probably one of the best things you can do for your skin. Since a major function of the skin is detoxification.
Keeping metabolism high, while making sure to take in enough structural components to match, is probably the safest approach to "anti aging." Accelerating metabolism without enough structural components can have the opposite effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

EIRE24

Ray Peat loves cream in his coffee, did you listen to his KUMD interview with andrew about dairy?
I don't really care what ray peat likes, I'm not ray peat. Either are you. Just because he likes it doesn't mean I'm going to?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals