Ageless Peater

Ron J

Aside from exogenous hormones and a Peaty diet, are there any supplements or techniques that help you look younger? Things that help improve/avoid laugh lines, fine lines, age spots, bags under eyes etc.

paymanz

I found topical glycerol to be great for my skin, to keep it moist.

Especially to prevent chapped lips.

Plain glycerol.

encerent

Fasting is great for anti-aging due to Autophagy: Autophagy and aging: keeping that old broom working

As for how long a fast needs to be and how frequent, I'm not sure. Maybe a 24-36hr fast 1-2x per week is ideal. At least from everything I've read, the common consensus is one should not fast any more than that.

A high metabolism strongly activates autophagy.

Fasting is a great way to age as fast as you can. It strongly activates cortisol which greatly helps aging.

M

marikay

A high metabolism strongly activates autophagy.

Fasting is a great way to age as fast as you can. It strongly activates cortisol which greatly helps aging.

+1.

(From an older woman who knows a thing or two about this...Following Ray Peat is by far the best protocol for looking young. Pregnenolone works for tightening facial muscles. Progesterone gives skin a nice glow. :)

paymanz

Great tips.
paymanz: is glycerol peaty?
In one of his interviews he talked positively about it, he said its similar to fructose when used as fuel in cell..but he said its irritating to intestine so not good to be used orally.

its moisturizing effect probably is peaty, somewhere he said keeping wounds moist is important for better healing and preventing scars.

OP
R

Ron J

In one of his interviews he talked positively about it, he said its similar to fructose when used as fuel in cell..but he said its irritating to intestine so not good to be used orally.

its moisturizing effect probably is peaty, somewhere he said keeping wounds moist is important for better healing and preventing scars.
I may try it. Does it just help prevent further aging of the skin, or can it reverse some damage?

paymanz

EIRE24

Coconut oil is good but the mechanism is different, glycerol improves hydration, but oils don't do that ,or at least as good as glycerol does.
Ah, I understand. I have a problem with dry skin and you are right I have tried shea butter, beef tallow and coconut oil and none of them have fixed the problem. I'm wondering if I will find it hard to get glycerol in Ireland

scarlettsmum

what about niacinamide? There was a thread recently about it reversing and preventing sun damaged skin. I have the niacinamide 10% serum from The Ordinary, which has other non peaty stuff in it. But it's so cheap, around 5 euros. Amazon has pure Niacinamide serum, but it costs a lot more.

paymanz

Ah, I understand. I have a problem with dry skin and you are right I have tried shea butter, beef tallow and coconut oil and none of them have fixed the problem. I'm wondering if I will find it hard to get glycerol in Ireland
I just updated my last comment with a link, I think you can easily find it anywhere in the world.

EIRE24

I just updated my last comment with a link, I think you can easily find it anywhere in the world.
Thank you but the link does not seem to be working. Is it just pure glycerol without additives and filler as I have very sensitive skin?