'AGA' - alopecia - experience sharing - looking for advice

OP
A

aidan2021

Hi All,
I have quite often cold feet and hands.
Just ate rice + peas + coconut oil.
I kinda feel the blood rushing in my hands + feet.
Could totally be placebo after reading Elephanto
but wanted to share :)

5a-DHP

Not to be a downer, but the only person that ever experienced 'regrowth' on Elphanto's protocol was Elphanto, who never once provided photographic evidence.
Hundreds - maybe even thousands if you include the lurkers - have tried it over the years with no success, so don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Pistachio

Dear All,
My name is Al., 29yo, French.
i have been diagonised with AGA since i was 18yo. I am NW2 today.
My hairline started receding in 2009/2010. My father was/is completely bald since he was 30yo. My brother started receding at 16yo.
I went to one dermatologist, came out with a prescription of finasteride. Took it daily from 2010 to 2018. Definitely helped with slowing hairline receding. But no regrowth.
In 2018, I started reading about Rob Detumescence Therapy. I decided to go after it straight away - i wanted to stop fin as the outcome were limited & i was looking for a safer method.
After doing massages for 1 year approx. i was disappointed as my hair kept receding. It helped a bit with dandruffs but it was time consuming 2*30 min of massages per day!
Beginning of 2020, i gave a try to dermarolling and zix (zinc with ethanol) applied topically. I got quickly tired of it (DR is painful) and decided to jump again to finasteride.
Took finasteride during 2 weeks, had balls pain. Decided to quit rightly.
Mid 2020, i started feeling comfortable with the idea of accepting alopecia and stopping the fight.. til i found out Danny's youtube posts beginning of 2021 (very recent).
I don't know for my thyroid yet. What is can see/feel is that my toes are sometimes cold, my eyes often red. My pulse rate is kind of high sometimes. I am anxious/tense and i have a stressful job. My scalp can be itchy, particularly in the balding ares (vertex and temples), sometimes a bit red. I grew up in a very anxious environment. I don't know yet for my temperature: i need to buy a thermometer. I will have my blood tested tomorrow morning (TSH and other stuff).
I have not read all the forum discussions yet of course and i still need to go through them in order to pick advice/tips. I started minimizing pufas beginning of this week, taking aspirin 1*500mg daily, eating calf liver for the first time in my life this Thursday. Didn't like it but will continue with the efforts.
What would you recommend to me so far? Do you think my alopecia could be linked to thyroid poor function or something else?
Thanks for reading
Did you try massage with a firm plastic bristled brush with those little rounded ends? Work much better than finger massages, I think. You make circular motions with the brush all over your scalp. See if that will at least stop the infamous hair-loss itch/stinging.

I don't think a NW 2 at 29 years of age is that bad, especially considering your dad is fully bald.

Attachments

• 999999-41457144725.jpg
    999999-41457144725.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Pistachio

Not to be a downer, but the only person that ever experienced 'regrowth' on Elphanto's protocol was Elphanto, who never once provided photographic evidence.
Hundreds - maybe even thousands if you include the lurkers - have tried it over the years with no success, so don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I have not seen any hairloss forums talk about it, but I have personally read in clinical reports that putting pressure on the skin causes release of PGE2. I can't count how many people swear by doing headstands as staving off hair loss. Personally, I wouldn't do this myself, as long-term it would be bad for your vertabrae, however, there are safer ways of compressing your scalp skin to get a PGE2 release.

johnysummer

Hi All,
I have quite often cold feet and hands.
Just ate rice + peas + coconut oil.
I kinda feel the blood rushing in my hands + feet.
Could totally be placebo after reading Elephanto
but wanted to share :)

Elephanto's protocol is not 100% correct as I think it cant solve already existing hypothyroid issues. Although his view on decalcification and some other important parameters he mentions are key. Believe it or not people have actually achieved regrowth and the picture thing is a total bull****. Why would someone lie about it on a forum with free information ? Hair regrowth is an insanely dificult problem of consistensy, not a magic pill or protocol. If you know whats right and you can stick with it long term, it will happen.

OP
A

aidan2021

Did you try massage with a firm plastic bristled brush with those little rounded ends? Work much better than finger massages, I think. You make circular motions with the brush all over your scalp. See if that will at least stop the infamous hair-loss itch/stinging.

I don't think a NW 2 at 29 years of age is that bad, especially considering your dad is fully bald.
Yeah i brush my scalp 2 times a day and also do scalp massages 2*10min.
It really helps with dandruffs and scalp itchiness.
The scalp really looks and feels more healthy when i do scalp massages and brushing twice a day.

Elephanto's protocol is not 100% correct as I think it cant solve already existing hypothyroid issues. Although his view on decalcification and some other important parameters he mentions are key. Believe it or not people have actually achieved regrowth and the picture thing is a total bull****. Why would someone lie about it on a forum with free information ? Hair regrowth is an insanely dificult problem of consistensy, not a magic pill or protocol. If you know whats right and you can stick with it long term, it will happen.
agree with you with pictures stuff
some people just dont want to share pictures despite success.
But i am not blind and i know it is hard and rare to have regrowth.
I eat rice for lunch and dinner because starches just make me feel great. And in order to support thyroid i try to eat regularly some fruits and sugar in order to maintain metabolism.
I have not started measuring temps so far because i had some fever over the past days (a bit sick) but ill do it soon to have an idea.
Thank you again and keep you posted

johnysummer

I eat rice for lunch and dinner because starches just make me feel great. And in order to support thyroid i try to eat regularly some fruits and sugar in order to maintain metabolism.
I have not started measuring temps so far because i had some fever over the past days (a bit sick) but ill do it soon to have an idea.

These are nice steps to support thyroid function. Are you seeing new velus hairs ? I think you should have new hairs within 2-4 weeks after starting decalcification ( I saw mine 2 weeks after I completely stopped pufa + started high mag). If not you may be lacking calories.

OP
A

aidan2021

These are nice steps to support thyroid function. Are you seeing new velus hairs ? I think you should have new hairs within 2-4 weeks after starting decalcification ( I saw mine 2 weeks after I completely stopped pufa + started high mag). If not you may be lacking calories.
No vellus hair so far
Would love to see them btw
My scalp is less itchy thanks to massages and brushing.
But itchiness is still present especially near balding areas. I ve read from Elephanto that it could be linked with calcification.
I hope to see the vellus as for you. Fingers crossed

johnysummer

No vellus hair so far
Would love to see them btw
My scalp is less itchy thanks to massages and brushing.
But itchiness is still present especially near balding areas. I ve read from Elephanto that it could be linked with calcification.
I hope to see the vellus as for you. Fingers crossed

Do you have your prolactin checked ? It should be between 4-7ng/mL. Consider uping salt intake (non iodized) to 3-4 tsp a day and supplementing vit K. Itchiness can probably mean high prolactin.

OP
A

aidan2021

Do you have your prolactin checked ? It should be between 4-7ng/mL. Consider uping salt intake (non iodized) to 3-4 tsp a day and supplementing vit K. Itchiness can probably mean high prolactin.
Nope
And in France it is not easy to ask a doctor to check something that he/she does not even know... lol.

Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate - stable Vitamin C form which can inhibit DKK-1
Topical taurine - inhibits TGF-beta which causes fibrosis - if you can tolerate it (makes me too drowsy)
Topical glutathione - curbs ROS generated by androgen imbalance

Those are some 'fairly safe' options.

5a-DHP

If I significantly reversed male pattern baldness the pictures would be all over the internet - you only have to go on any mainstream hairloss forum where every single day people are posting huge regrowth on fin, min and niz to know that the vast, vast majority of people would do the same.
As stated before, hundreds, if not thousands, of people tried the Elphanto protocol and there isn't a single picture in existence to prove that it works. Why are the people who tried it so different from the thousands actively posting regrowth on the big 3? They're not; they just didn't get regrowth.
To be clear: I'm not saying you should give up and take fin, because that ***t is straight poison. However, when something has zero empirical evidence to support that it actually works, you shouldn't be going all in on it.
Keep looking for alternative ideas is all I'm advising.

johnysummer

If I significantly reversed male pattern baldness the pictures would be all over the internet - you only have to go on any mainstream hairloss forum where every single day people are posting huge regrowth on fin, min and niz to know that the vast, vast majority of people would do the same.
As stated before, hundreds, if not thousands, of people tried the Elphanto protocol and there isn't a single picture in existence to prove that it works. Why are the people who tried it so different from the thousands actively posting regrowth on the big 3? They're not; they just didn't get regrowth.
To be clear: I'm not saying you should give up and take fin, because that ***t is straight poison. However, when something has zero empirical evidence to support that it actually works, you shouldn't be going all in on it.
Keep looking for alternative ideas is all I'm advising.

As I said I dont think Elephanto's protocol is either complete or sustainable long term. I just dont wanna eat only grean peas and rice my whole life. But the science he provided is another story. In my experience: "peatish" eating + elephanto's decalcification protocols + pro-androgen life style + low life stress = hair. There is a long list of things that need to be addressed but if you actually tried and addressed all of them we wouldnt be discussing right now cause you would already be seeing regrowth yourself. I mean no offense bro I am just saying facts I experienced and I actually do have photos XD. I have never used finasteride but if I had to choose between having a working pennis and hair, I would always chose pennis.

5a-DHP

As I said I dont think Elephanto's protocol is either complete or sustainable long term. I just dont wanna eat only grean peas and rice my whole life. But the science he provided is another story. In my experience: "peatish" eating + elephanto's decalcification protocols + pro-androgen life style + low life stress = hair. There is a long list of things that need to be addressed but if you actually tried and addressed all of them we wouldnt be discussing right now cause you would already be seeing regrowth yourself. I mean no offense bro I am just saying facts I experienced and I actually do have photos XD. I have never used finasteride but if I had to choose between having a working pennis and hair, I would always chose pennis.
Please do not assume what I have or have not tried, do or do not know, etc.
I found Ray's work three years ago when I had an endogenous testosterone level of ~300 ng/dl, mid-afternoon temps of 36c and various nutritional deficiencies.
Now, my endogenous testosterone is above the reference range, prolactin almost below range, mid-afternoon temps are 37.1c, TSH is 0.5, arterial calcium scores perfect, my body is generally in a great state of health, and I have no stress due to financial freedom and great relationships with those around me - none of which led to hair regrowth.
I understand Peat's / Elphanto's work on a deeper level than most because I have multiple biology degrees and took the time to understand the underlying principles at their core - they do not reverse, nor adequately explain the pathology of male pattern baldness.
Take what you want from that information, but it doesn't make it any less true and/or increase the likelihood that you will regrow hair following this protocol.
All the best regardless.

Last edited:

Pistachio

Yeah i brush my scalp 2 times a day and also do scalp massages 2*10min.
It really helps with dandruffs and scalp itchiness.
The scalp really looks and feels more healthy when i do scalp massages and brushing twice a day.

I suspect, although I can't say for sure, that if an MPB sufferer can stop the hair-loss itch, he can at least halt hair loss. Perhaps, though, it's just wishful thinking.

OP
A

aidan2021

I suspect, although I can't say for sure, that if an MPB sufferer can stop the hair-loss itch, he can at least halt hair loss. Perhaps, though, it's just wishful thinking.
I first noticed scalp itch when my hairline started receding.
so i can relate to what you said

johnysummer

Please do not assume what I have or have not tried, do or do not know, etc.
I found Ray's work three years ago when I had an endogenous testosterone level of ~300 ng/dl, mid-afternoon temps of 36c and various nutritional deficiencies.
Now, my endogenous testosterone is above the reference range, prolactin almost below range, mid-afternoon temps are 37.1c, TSH is 0.5, arterial calcium scores perfect, my body is generally in a great state of health, and I have no stress due to financial freedom and great relationships with those around me - none of which led to hair regrowth.
I understand Peat's / Elphanto's work on a deeper level than most because I have multiple biology degrees and took the time to understand the underlying principles at their core - they do not reverse, nor adequately explain the pathology of male pattern baldness.
Take what you want from that information, but it doesn't make it any less true and/or increase the likelihood that you will regrow hair following this protocol.
All the best regardless.
OK, I apologize if I offended you, I did not intend to do so. And I am also sorry that these stuff didnt work for you. If I had your actual metabolism + hormonal profile my hair would be like a bush probably. For me every step towards better hormonal health and metabolism means more/better hair. If you have fixed completely your metabolic issues maybe keep looking into stuff more deeply ? I dont know. I mean you have less things to worry about but still something is going wrong. Can you assume that given a perfect metabolic state and having hairloss at the same time, your health state is perfect ? I dont think that makes sense. So you probably have something you didnt figure out yet, causing your hairloss.

Balding for nearly 10 years. Never had scalp itch, except maybe for a couple of seconds after ejaculation. Didn't even realise this 'MPB itch' was a thing until I read others posting about it on HLT.

It's not present in everyone and no guarantee that if you stop it you will stop hair loss. It just might be less annoying.