After Cooking Cartilage Broth Should I Eat The Chicken Feet Too?

LucH

Is it necessary?, I boil the chicken feet for 4 hours.
I "boil" mine for 3 hours. With 2 tbsp cider vinegar (calcium). At the end, I add vegetable (30').
Some amino acids are altered (lysine) and are therefore denatured. You clog the body and you reinforce the limiting factor.
The sulfured amino acid are very fragile ...
=> Cystine, methionine, lysine.

If you have 100 blue bands, 100 white bands and only 10 red bands, you will only get 10 tricolor flags. This means that the level of use of all amino acids is dependent on the low level of only one of them.

OP
P

passivity

I "boil" mine for 3 hours. With 2 tbsp cider vinegar (calcium). At the end, I add vegetable (30').
Some amino acids are altered (lysine) and are therefore denatured. You clog the body and you reinforce the limiting factor.
The sulfured amino acid are very fragile ...
=> Cystine, methionine, lysine.

If you have 100 blue bands, 100 white bands and only 10 red bands, you will only get 10 tricolor flags. This means that the level of use of all amino acids is dependent on the low level of only one of them.

So... then there's no point in eating the chicken feet.

LucH

Do you use tap water?
No. Not too much nitrate (NO3), fluor or chlorine. The last two one could interfere with thyroid function if not enough iodium.
Bottled water, little mineralized (not too much) and "vivifiée" (magnetized water in a thermos)

See link for more details about "living water" (in French)
"L'eau vaut davantage par ce qu'elle emporte que ce qu'elle apporte".
=> Water is more valuable for what it carries away than for what it brings to you.
http://mirzoune-ciboulette.forumactif.org/t350-eau-aliment-vivant-ou-eau-morte#2711

*) Critères: Quelle eau est propre à une consommation quotidienne ?
=> Criteria: Which water is suitable for daily consumption?

Teneurs maximales conseillées en mg / litre:
Pour la population en général – Pour les bébés et les femmes enceintes – Eau optimale
Résidus secs: < 500 – < 250 – 150 à 200.
Na (sodium): 100 – 50 – < 20
SO4 (Sulphates):250 – 250 – 12
NO3 (Nitrates): 25 – 10 - < 1
NB : Les nitrates peuvent monter exceptionnellement jusque 10. Les nitrites ne dépasseront pas 1.
Fluor: 1.5 – 1 - < 1,5
Chlorures : - - < 35.
Et aussi:
Calcium : moins de 270 mg/l, sans descendre sous 54 mg/l.
Magnésium : moins de 50 mg/l, sans descendre sous 6 mg/l.
Source: Test-Achats, Magazine des consommateurs belges.

OP
P

passivity

No. Not too much nitrate (NO3), fluor or chlorine. The last two one could interfere with thyroid function if not enough iodium.
Bottled water, little mineralized (not too much) and "vivifiée" (magnetized water in a thermos)

See link for more details about "living water" (in French)
"L'eau vaut davantage par ce qu'elle emporte que ce qu'elle apporte".
=> Water is more valuable for what it carries away than for what it brings to you.
http://mirzoune-ciboulette.forumactif.org/t350-eau-aliment-vivant-ou-eau-morte#2711

*) Critères: Quelle eau est propre à une consommation quotidienne ?
=> Criteria: Which water is suitable for daily consumption?

Teneurs maximales conseillées en mg / litre:
Pour la population en général – Pour les bébés et les femmes enceintes – Eau optimale
Résidus secs: < 500 – < 250 – 150 à 200.
Na (sodium): 100 – 50 – < 20
SO4 (Sulphates):250 – 250 – 12
NO3 (Nitrates): 25 – 10 - < 1
NB : Les nitrates peuvent monter exceptionnellement jusque 10. Les nitrites ne dépasseront pas 1.
Fluor: 1.5 – 1 - < 1,5
Chlorures : - - < 35.
Et aussi:
Calcium : moins de 270 mg/l, sans descendre sous 54 mg/l.
Magnésium : moins de 50 mg/l, sans descendre sous 6 mg/l.
Source: Test-Achats, Magazine des consommateurs belges.

Alright, thanks again, I'm gonna buy some purified water then!

tara

I don't know about 'should'. But I've chopped up feet after cooking for 2-3 hours and then cooked them up with veges to eat with rice or spuds for lunch.

Xisca

I do eat all I can from the bones!
I learned this from traditional people who still eat all they can suck.
This removes more and gives you more tan just the broth.

My technique is different, as I cook less time, but more often.
I cook veggies each day with the same bones, even 2 weeks...
You would be surprised by the broth quality and thickness after tan much time.
I start with bones AND meat AND skin... Well, whatever I have.
After a while the bones get soft enough to be nearly all eaten. Not all is going into the broth. suck bones also, they are porous and some great taste comes out of them. Taste means nutrients...

I had read something like this too, and the logic can be other.... You can eat them at different meals and even different days.