After All, Hair Is Mostly Genetics

Regina

Well he looks way old for his age (someone found out he's 33). That might be the reason he looks kind of off or unhealthy despite being is excellent shape and having a perfect hairline.
I definitely thought he was older than that.
Also, he holds all his energy in his clavicle.

He looks about 40 years old. Look at this Ketogenic bodybuilder guy's hairline.

So he looks like johnny knoxville who is 45 except he's 33 and didn't endure decades of drug abuse and riding shopping carts down staircases?

Dhair

@encerent As someone with extremely bald genetics I ahve spent a lot of time prodding and pondering the ins and outs of this very question....

So here is my anecdote in favor of peating for hairloss:

Every known male in my family that I have is completely bald and has gone completely bald by age 30. So if genetics is a major factor then I should have a lot of recession by now.

I am 24 and have a full head of hair. My younger brother is 21 and has hardly any hair left. Every time I see him he complains that I still have all my hair and he doesn't, thinking I lucked out with better genetics or something. I offer to help him with laser therapy and dieting but he refuses.... anyways

I started peating at age 21 thanks to Danny Roddy, and am 24 now. I haven't lost much hair if any since then, maybe a tad bit thinner. When I was using a laser helmet I actually grew more hair than every, but I stopped doing that because it always amde me feel weird.

Now I just use diet and bright light and supplements....

Hairloss is genetic in the sense that the hair follicle is a micro-organ. The collection fo hair follicles on your head is like an organ... and some people have an organ that is producing much more energy and is just more efficient, simialr to how some people can eat terrible trash food and fried food adn junk and pufa and still be energetic and feel good and suceed at work every day. Some people just have killer metabolisms and are built more resistant to the effects of stress. That ususalyl shows in their hair and their skin and their appearance. I am not one of them, I ahve noticed that I need to eat for a metabolism to feel wwell, or my pulse will drop very low like my father's. All the men in my family whoa re bald could also be described as lazy, nervous, addicted to alcohol and tobbacco. My brother is addicted to alcohol and marijuana. Its not they they inherited genetics for bad hair- they inherited genetics for bad metabolism.

So the keto endurance sports guys you posted were blessed with indestructable metabolisms and hair follciles that produce tons of energy even in the context of tons of stress...
How did the laser helmet make you feel weird?

sladerunner69

So he looks like johnny knoxville who is 45 except he's 33 and didn't endure decades of drug abuse and riding shopping carts down staircases?

Holy snapperdoodle!!... I thought for sure that guy was 45-50. Definitely needs to admit himself into stress hormone anonymous STAT

Johnny Knoxville looks younger than this guy hahaha

sladerunner69

How did the laser helmet make you feel weird?

Felt over stimulated... sometimes my heart would feel lie it had irregular rhythm. Also I had this strange sensation in my brain and I began to get nervous I was cooking my brain or killing brain cells or something. I even got in touch with overmachogrande to ask him about it and he gave me the number of the doctor who sells the high quality 5mw diodes at AiXiZ, the ones I bought for my helmet. He explained that the lasers only penetrate a few milimeters and do not go past the skull. So in all likelihood I was just being a nervous nelly, but I didn't want to worry about doing anything funny to my brain when I was already under such intense anxiety from trying to recover from finasteride syndrome. I decided to stick with only diet and safe supplements for the time being until Iw as confident I had completely recoverred my libido and gotten over my panic disorder.

I am now probably ready to look back into using the laser helmet again as I ahv ebeen shedding here and there and not following my peat diet to a T. Somedays I have a drink or two and other days I may have a baguette, which has probably contributed to my slight recession. At least I never eat pufa.

I ahve begun to sue selsun blue almost daily along with a rubylux 250w lamp right on my scalp for about 20 minutes.

I may start derma rolling, but I ahve to look into it somewhere to be sure its not quackery.

sladerunner69

Well he looks way old for his age (someone found out he's 33). That might be the reason he looks kind of off or unhealthy despite being is excellent shape and having a perfect hairline.

Have to disagree with that, through a metabolics optic he actually appears pretty unhealthy. Look at leathery and ragged his skin looks. Someone in good metabolic health will have nice tight collagen and a certain glow to their skin, you can even see it on Peat and hes nearly 90 I believe. And yeah this fella is lean as can be, but that likely wont last long until his metabolism can take keto anymore and slowly loses its grip and becomes inefficient and the stress hormones completely take over and he starts retaining water. Honestly he must have some awesome metabolic genetics, most bodybuilders can't low carb for mroe than a month, two months tops, no less full zero carb. He could be on something to give him energy, amphetamines or insulin idk.

Mori68

@encerent As someone with extremely bald genetics I ahve spent a lot of time prodding and pondering the ins and outs of this very question....

So here is my anecdote in favor of peating for hairloss:

Every known male in my family that I have is completely bald and has gone completely bald by age 30. So if genetics is a major factor then I should have a lot of recession by now.

I am 24 and have a full head of hair. My younger brother is 21 and has hardly any hair left. Every time I see him he complains that I still have all my hair and he doesn't, thinking I lucked out with better genetics or something. I offer to help him with laser therapy and dieting but he refuses.... anyways

I started peating at age 21 thanks to Danny Roddy, and am 24 now. I haven't lost much hair if any since then, maybe a tad bit thinner. When I was using a laser helmet I actually grew more hair than every, but I stopped doing that because it always amde me feel weird.

Now I just use diet and bright light and supplements....

Hairloss is genetic in the sense that the hair follicle is a micro-organ. The collection fo hair follicles on your head is like an organ... and some people have an organ that is producing much more energy and is just more efficient, simialr to how some people can eat terrible trash food and fried food adn junk and pufa and still be energetic and feel good and suceed at work every day. Some people just have killer metabolisms and are built more resistant to the effects of stress. That ususalyl shows in their hair and their skin and their appearance. I am not one of them, I ahve noticed that I need to eat for a metabolism to feel wwell, or my pulse will drop very low like my father's. All the men in my family whoa re bald could also be described as lazy, nervous, addicted to alcohol and tobbacco. My brother is addicted to alcohol and marijuana. Its not they they inherited genetics for bad hair- they inherited genetics for bad metabolism.

So the keto endurance sports guys you posted were blessed with indestructable metabolisms and hair follciles that produce tons of energy even in the context of tons of stress...
What's your supplement regime these days? You seem to be one of the more successful hair regrowth posters on here. Well done!

sladerunner69

What's your supplement regime these days? You seem to be one of the more successful hair regrowth posters on here. Well done!

Supplements are likely the least important part.... I would stick to Danny Roddy's advice that most supplements will do more harm than good because they are not produced with good quality control standards and can increase adrenaline because fo an artificial shock to the gut.

I do take topical vitamin a/d, topical pregnenelone+ 1 drop androsterone in the morning along with sometimes a couple drops pansterone, later in the day i will take a little stressnon with a few drops 5a-dhp and do that again around dinner....sometimes energin if I need to work and not chill, lots of gelatin, 1g taurine, 200mg magnesium, 1 drop oxidal (methylene blue 400mcg), 1-3 aspirins dissolved in water, 5mg oral k2 every few days, 1gram nicainmide, charcoal tabs if I need to clear out my gut (works awesome, powerful though so careful)

Carrot salad, coconut oil, coffee daily basis. Diet is mostly OJ, marmalade, sugar pepsi, 1% milk, animal rennet cheese, pastured eggs, oysters, soaked liver, organic potatoes, mushrooms and occasionnaly dried fruit, apples, dates, organic ice cream, white bread sandwhiches with butter and pastrami and mustard. I really want to try more cheromoyas and guavas and sapotes as they were delicious and made me feel very warm.

Selsun blue +caffiene for my daily shampoo, brushing with a tough boar bristle brush, and using a 250w red light aimed right on my hair for 20-30 minutes as I "work" on my computer....

I want to begin dermaneedling I ahve heard good things....

Ras

That would be a laugh. I am much bigger and stronger than him and never used anabolic roids (idealabs does not qualify as anabolic lol)

The types of diets, exercises, and exogenous substances that can produce such a look in a man tend to produce an older facial appearance.

Risingfire

My hair started thinning after a stressful event at age 19. I couldn't sleep as a result and my hair fully thinned out by time I was 25. I doubt genetics are the biggest factor. Stress hormones, blood flow and lack of thyroid and progesterone are probably responsible. I started applying low dose progest-e to my scalp this week. It's increased my metabolic rate and I feel better.

Stramonium

He looks about 40 years old. Look at this Ketogenic bodybuilder guy's hairline.

This guy is a ******* "fat adapted" ULTRA marathon runner. He looks to be about 45 years old, but Look at his hair.

And yet some people do the most cutting edge pro-metabolic stuff and are losing their hair at young ages.

If you look closely the second guy has a receding hairline, he might have long hair but it's not abundant

The types of diets, exercises, and exogenous substances that can produce such a look in a man tend to produce an older facial appearance.

:shock: Slade let's see your competition photos :lol:

WestCoaster

Most people can't follow a keto diet because they simply screw it up; just like people screw up paleo/primal. "Look guyz i'm eating keto but it's not working; i'm not losing weight".. um ya because you're not eating keto, you're eating high protein.

I would have to throw my vote towards genetics and not enough of the proper fats to influence hair loss. You're born with a genetic blueprint that was passed down to you by your parents. You can either optimize that genetic blueprint with a proper diet, or you can hurt it with an improper diet. I have 2 colleagues who have daughters whom both are borderline hyperthyroid and they are losing their hair; they are 10 and 12 years old. When I asked them about their general diet, ironically they were almost identical. Breakfast usually = Cereal with skim/low fat milk, toast, bagels, or muffins. Maybe eggs on the weekend. Lunches are some sort of vegetarian sandwich with juice. Dinners involve either pasta or some lean meat and veggies. So it's interesting, both diets are extremely low fat, and both daughters are losing their hair. Just like one of my friends who stopped eating fatty meats and decided to go ultra low fat vegetarian for 4 months; she started losing her hair. She quit going vegan and reverted back to what basically was mild ketogenic diet and voila her hair started to grow back.

Interesting don't you think?

sladerunner69

He's very ripped but he doesn't look bigger than 190 lbs or so right? Maybe we are the same size, I haven't had a good workout in a couple weeks though. Either way I bet I can outlift him on squat, bench and deadlift- which after all is the only issue of importance. I should do some videos perhaps.

Gl;itch.e

He's very ripped but he doesn't look bigger than 190 lbs or so right? Maybe we are the same size, I haven't had a good workout in a couple weeks though. Either way I bet I can outlift him on squat, bench and deadlift- which after all is the only issue of importance. I should do some videos perhaps.
What you bench brah? (;

Gl;itch.e

I did 315 for one rep yesterday with only wrist straps. My buddy helepd me lift it off and rack it but didnt touch my lift. I almost touched my chest too, less than an inch away.
Half repper! :): I hope you meant wrist wraps, not straps!