Advice pls, Progesterone caused spotting, what to do

new_bie

Hey,

I’m currently on day 23 of my cycle and started rubbing progest-e into my gums for the first time since day 14 of my cycle. Now I woke up this morning with slight womb discomfort and subtle pink/brown spotting or discharge. I’m not really sure what to do now or what that indicates.

I’m working with an endocrinologist but couldn’t reach him today so wondering if anyone could give some perspective. I usually take 2 drops 3x per day on the gums. Now since I’m a bit unsure I only took once today.

Thank you!!

L_C

Hey,

I’m currently on day 23 of my cycle and started rubbing progest-e into my gums for the first time since day 14 of my cycle. Now I woke up this morning with slight womb discomfort and subtle pink/brown spotting or discharge. I’m not really sure what to do now or what that indicates.

I’m working with an endocrinologist but couldn’t reach him today so wondering if anyone could give some perspective. I usually take 2 drops 3x per day on the gums. Now since I’m a bit unsure I only took once today.

Thank you!!
When I first started with progesterone I experienced the same thing. It happened only the very first time I took it. I consider it to be normal.

Have you done any blood work? It would help to know if you are estrogen dominant or not before you start with progesterone. If you are, then personally I would take large doses of progesterone for about three days.

This is just my personal opinion. I'm not a medical professional. This is just based on what I read from Ray Peat and my personal experience.

OP
N

new_bie

When I first started with progesterone I experienced the same thing. It happened only the very first time I took it. I consider it to be normal.

Have you done any blood work? It would help to know if you are estrogen dominant or not before you start with progesterone. If you are, then personally I would take large doses of progesterone for about three days.

This is just my personal opinion. I'm not a medical professional. This is just based on what I read from Ray Peat and my personal experience.
Thank you for the reply :)

Okay interesting, so you just continued regardless of the spotting until day 26/28ish?

I did not get blood work done lately but in the past my blood work showed that hormones were off (estrogen dominance, high prolactin and other stuff) and that was when I had no idea about anything (metabolism, the right and not so right foods) and considering my symptoms I doubt this has changed.
Thank you for spreading awareness though!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals