Advice On Starting Testosterone Base?

cyclops

35, male, thinking about trying testosterone base. Never taken any form of testosterone before.

Been reading everything on testosterone on the forum and am still a little confused and undecided. My goal is just to feel overall better then I do now. I'd like to have more energy, better mood, more pep in my step, and all the things that seem to come along with more test. I have been trying Thyroid and small amounts of Preg, Prog, DHEA, Andro, 11-keto DHT for years -- always under 5mgs or so depending on which one - basically I follow the recommended guidelines on here. I have seen some good results both psychologically (which I care much more about) as well as physically, and that makes me want see what test could do. My diet/supplementation is as good as I think it will ever be.

The thing that makes me want to try it is that it seems that Testosterone would be just another beneficial hormone to add to the mix if it was easily available. I think many here would have already tried it based on the studies/discussions presented here and things Ray has said. I used to think Testosterone was some crazy big deal with some well-deserved stigma attached, but I now feel differently. I think if used in smaller amounts it could be just another beneficial hormone.

Ray has said: "It’s essential to have everything else in place, thyroid, calcium, magnesium, protein, vitamin D, vitamin E, pregnenolone, DHEA; then one milligram per day can have very strong effects, quickly." It also came out that he is (or was) using 1mg dissolved in vitamin E on lips/gums.

I would want to do something similar, maybe up to 3mgs. I dont think this would cause shutdown, so my plan would be just to try it and see how it effects me and how I feel. If I feel good, I'd keep using it, just the same way I use many of the other steroids I listed. Maybe take it a few days/weeks then take some time off and get to understand how it effects me by trial and error.

Basically just wanted to ask is does this sound like a reasonable plan? Or am I overlooking something that I could wind up regretting? Also I have never dissolved a raw powder before...is a good way to do it just to measure it out and then put some vitamin E on it and mix it with your finger and then put it on ur gums or is it more complex then that? You cant just eat the powder right? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

OiBoy

I have been using test base topically now for 2 months and it has been great.

I made a topical, here is my recipe.
30ml ethanol
15ml MCT oil
5ml Lanolin oil
4 grams test base

I use a heated magnetic mixer, but keep the temp low.

I use 50cc of this morning and night on my nuts and 1 or 2 days a week don't use any (I know this is high but I am old, f-ed up and retarded, so you can save the preaching) when I tested 1 month after starting and 4 hrs after the morning application my levels were.

Testosterone serum: 1423 ng/dl
DHT: 314 ng/dl
Estrogen, sensitive: 65 pg/ml

This was without anything else. I have since added androsterone as it's a very effective aromitase inhibitor for me from experience and labs. Am I shut down? For sure. But when you have been following Peat stuff for years and messing with other option for years before that and never got over the 400, who cares? I'm not having anymore kids anyway haha!

Of the TRT options I have tried over the years this is my favorite so far.

Also why not just use DMSO? It's too harsh on my sensitive ball skin

Maybe that helped...

Amunkun70

Take HCG and pregnenolone with it. Thats my advice. Do not use an AI. Low dose twice a week dose at 75 mgs cyp 2x a week.

Dhair

I have been using test base topically now for 2 months and it has been great.

I made a topical, here is my recipe.
30ml ethanol
15ml MCT oil
5ml Lanolin oil
4 grams test base

I use a heated magnetic mixer, but keep the temp low.

I use 50cc of this morning and night on my nuts and 1 or 2 days a week don't use any (I know this is high but I am old, f-ed up and retarded, so you can save the preaching) when I tested 1 month after starting and 4 hrs after the morning application my levels were.

Testosterone serum: 1423 ng/dl
DHT: 314 ng/dl
Estrogen, sensitive: 65 pg/ml

This was without anything else. I have since added androsterone as it's a very effective aromitase inhibitor for me from experience and labs. Am I shut down? For sure. But when you have been following Peat stuff for years and messing with other option for years before that and never got over the 400, who cares? I'm not having anymore kids anyway haha!

Of the TRT options I have tried over the years this is my favorite so far.

Also why not just use DMSO? It's too harsh on my sensitive ball skin

Maybe that helped...
What kind of changes do you notice in terms of mood, energy levels and cognitive function coming from your previous measurement of 400ng/dl?

tankasnowgod

35, male, thinking about trying testosterone base. Never taken any form of testosterone before.

Been reading everything on testosterone on the forum and am still a little confused and undecided. My goal is just to feel overall better then I do now. I'd like to have more energy, better mood, more pep in my step, and all the things that seem to come along with more test. I have been trying Thyroid and small amounts of Preg, Prog, DHEA, Andro, 11-keto DHT for years -- always under 5mgs or so depending on which one - basically I follow the recommended guidelines on here. I have seen some good results both psychologically (which I care much more about) as well as physically, and that makes me want see what test could do. My diet/supplementation is as good as I think it will ever be.

The thing that makes me want to try it is that it seems that Testosterone would be just another beneficial hormone to add to the mix if it was easily available. I think many here would have already tried it based on the studies/discussions presented here and things Ray has said. I used to think Testosterone was some crazy big deal with some well-deserved stigma attached, but I now feel differently. I think if used in smaller amounts it could be just another beneficial hormone.

Ray has said: "It’s essential to have everything else in place, thyroid, calcium, magnesium, protein, vitamin D, vitamin E, pregnenolone, DHEA; then one milligram per day can have very strong effects, quickly." It also came out that he is (or was) using 1mg dissolved in vitamin E on lips/gums.

I would want to do something similar, maybe up to 3mgs. I dont think this would cause shutdown, so my plan would be just to try it and see how it effects me and how I feel. If I feel good, I'd keep using it, just the same way I use many of the other steroids I listed. Maybe take it a few days/weeks then take some time off and get to understand how it effects me by trial and error.

Basically just wanted to ask is does this sound like a reasonable plan? Or am I overlooking something that I could wind up regretting? Also I have never dissolved a raw powder before...is a good way to do it just to measure it out and then put some vitamin E on it and mix it with your finger and then put it on ur gums or is it more complex then that? You cant just eat the powder right? Thanks for any advice.

I think base Test is pretty safe, especially compared to other forms. I think it's ridiculous that it's a controlled substance, but you should take that into account. Personally, I would take Pregnenolone in a dose of 10-15x, based on this study Pregnenolone (P5) fully prevents testicular atrophy due to steroid (ab)use or high estrogen – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

I think an AI like exemestane would be useful. I am taking a lower dose of exemestane right now, and find it very helpful.

I personally wouldn't mess with HCG. If you search the forum, you will find several concerns with that substance.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I think base Test is pretty safe, especially compared to other forms. I think it's ridiculous that it's a controlled substance, but you should take that into account. Personally, I would take Pregnenolone in a dose of 10-15x, based on this study Pregnenolone (P5) fully prevents testicular atrophy due to steroid (ab)use or high estrogen – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

I think an AI like exemestane would be useful. I am taking a lower dose of exemestane right now, and find it very helpful.

I personally wouldn't mess with HCG. If you search the forum, you will find several concerns with that substance.

Thanks for the article; it kind of makes me want to forget all about T, but, I've actually been back and forth on this for a long time because of article and posts like this, describing how Pregnenolone and/or prog/dhea/andro can give one all the benefits of T, but I've also come across allot that says a little T has its own powerful and unique benefits, which makes me want to try and see. If its good enough for Ray its good enough for me, is what Im thinking.

But I have never tried, or even though about, using such high doses of Preg before. There is a thread on here that talks about the best dose of preg for androgens being 10mg a few times a day. Would you really use so much or even grams of the stuff at a time? It seems anything above 10mg at a time could go down the progesterone path and then become anti-test.

So thats kind of where I been at - 10mg of preg, 5mg DHEA, a couple mgs of prog and Andro all here and there, aspirin, vitamins, some aminos - its all good stuff and I think its beneficial, but I guess im just looking for a little more and thought a couple mgs of T could be a powerful, and relatively low-risk addition.

tankasnowgod

Thanks for the article; it kind of makes me want to forget all about T, but, I've actually been back and forth on this for a long time because of article and posts like this, describing how Pregnenolone and/or prog/dhea/andro can give one all the benefits of T, but I've also come across allot that says a little T has its own powerful and unique benefits, which makes me want to try and see. If its good enough for Ray its good enough for me, is what Im thinking.

But I have never tried, or even though about, using such high doses of Preg before. There is a thread on here that talks about the best dose of preg for androgens being 10mg a few times a day. Would you really use so much or even grams of the stuff at a time? It seems anything above 10mg at a time could go down the progesterone path and then become anti-test.

So thats kind of where I been at - 10mg of preg, 5mg DHEA, a couple mgs of prog and Andro all here and there, aspirin, vitamins, some aminos - its all good stuff and I think its beneficial, but I guess im just looking for a little more and thought a couple mgs of T could be a powerful, and relatively low-risk addition.

Personally, I am using 200 mg of Preg a day right now, along with 10 mg DHEA. I might go higher with DHEA, I know about the warnings here, but I think you can do a higher dose with that level of Preg, specifically because of that article. I have also done 100 mg of Preg a day in the past, never any negatives. I either get a lift in mood and energy, or don't notice any effects. Certainly nothing bad.

If I could find a good doctor to work with, I wouldn't hesitate to use Test base with a prescription. If Test base also comes off the controlled substance list, I also would experiment with it. Other forms of T, I'm not so sure.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Personally, I am using 200 mg of Preg a day right now, along with 10 mg DHEA. I might go higher with DHEA, I know about the warnings here, but I think you can do a higher dose with that level of Preg, specifically because of that article. I have also done 100 mg of Preg a day in the past, never any negatives. I either get a lift in mood and energy, or don't notice any effects. Certainly nothing bad.

If I could find a good doctor to work with, I wouldn't hesitate to use Test base with a prescription. If Test base also comes off the controlled substance list, I also would experiment with it. Other forms of T, I'm not so sure.

Cool, I might give that a go as well. Where are you getting your pregnenolone from? Your taking it orally as a powder like that article?

Beastmode

Last time I checked my T levels I was over 600 (40 years old at the time.) I've been tempted to experiment with the test base (1-3 mg per day) to see how much of a difference it makes. I haven't checked my levels in a while, but everything Ray says about "essential" before taking the test base has made all the difference for me. Getting over 2000 mg of calcium, daily sun (naked if possible) and protein intake over 100 daily have been the big keys for me. Again, I don't know my levels, but my libido is even stronger than a year ago than when the T levels were checked. I just don't think taking test base is the most important thing if you haven't checked the boxes for the "essential" stuff for a solid period of time.

I haven't worked out with weights in a year as well so I imagine that would boost it up nicely, but it's kinda cool to see what dietary and leisure activity can do.

tankasnowgod

Cool, I might give that a go as well. Where are you getting your pregnenolone from? Your taking it orally as a powder like that article?

Currently, I am taking Life Extension Pregenenolone. I have experimented with other brands as well. Yep, I find taking it orally to be easiest.

T

TheBeard

Thanks for the article; it kind of makes me want to forget all about T

He wasn't suggesting you take pregnenolone in lieu of T, if was saying if you ever need it, taking pregnenolone at a ratio of around 10:1 with T prevents testicular atrophy

Kunstruct

Last time I checked my T levels I was over 600 (40 years old at the time.) I've been tempted to experiment with the test base (1-3 mg per day) to see how much of a difference it makes. I haven't checked my levels in a while, but everything Ray says about "essential" before taking the test base has made all the difference for me. Getting over 2000 mg of calcium, daily sun (naked if possible) and protein intake over 100 daily have been the big keys for me. Again, I don't know my levels, but my libido is even stronger than a year ago than when the T levels were checked. I just don't think taking test base is the most important thing if you haven't checked the boxes for the "essential" stuff for a solid period of time.

I haven't worked out with weights in a year as well so I imagine that would boost it up nicely, but it's kinda cool to see what dietary and leisure activity can do.

Over 2000mg of Calcium each day?
Do you also take magnesium or other minerals alongside Calcium?
Is this Calcium as a supplement or exclusively out of food?

Beastmode

Over 2000mg of Calcium each day?
Do you also take magnesium or other minerals alongside Calcium?
Is this Calcium as a supplement or exclusively out of food?

From food (milk, cheese and swiss chard.) The main source of magnesium comes from swiss chard (boiled.)

And T3 based on how I feel daily.

edit: I just started today with the milk powder pancake recipe inspired by Peat: milk powder pancakes | The Nutrition Coach

Entire batch:
- 38g of protein
- 60g of carbohydrates
- 6g of fat
- 1120mg of Calcium

I'm shooting for 2500 on average if I can to see if that boosts signs of higher T and overall health.

Last edited:

Kunstruct

How do you deal with possible constipation?
Drinking orange juice? Use lots of T3 to avoid constipation?

Beastmode

How do you deal with possible constipation?
Drinking orange juice? Use lots of T3 to avoid constipation?

Who is this question directed to?

If me, I never said I was constipated so I wouldn't have an answer for you.

Kunstruct

Who is this question directed to?

If me, I never said I was constipated so I wouldn't have an answer for you.

Yeah, I was asking you. Alright, I thought you might have some constipation might happen due to cheeses and calcium.
I happen to get something like that if I go the cheese route, milk and calcium carbonate, especially if I eliminate gluten.

tankasnowgod

I assume by other forms you mean testosterone with esters , why is test base any safer than test with esters?

Haidut posted about it here- Oral free/base (unesterified) testosterone is more effective and safer than synthetic AAS – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

I've seen good reviews of base test as well- Testosterone Without Ester Great Results

I was given a trial of a TRT cream long ago by a doctor. Something was not right with it, I felt off and seemed to notice vision changes within a week. Don't know if that was a particular ester or an excepient or lack of other upstream hormones (Preg, DHEA) or an AI or some combination.

Jing

Haidut posted about it here- Oral free/base (unesterified) testosterone is more effective and safer than synthetic AAS – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

I've seen good reviews of base test as well- Testosterone Without Ester Great Results

I was given a trial of a TRT cream long ago by a doctor. Something was not right with it, I felt off and seemed to notice vision changes within a week. Don't know if that was a particular ester or an excepient or lack of other upstream hormones (Preg, DHEA) or an AI or some combination.
I can't see anything that shows test base is any safer than test with esters..