Advice On Niacin For High Lipids ?

Frankdee20

Doctor recommended Fish Oil to lower very high Triglycerides and Cholesterol... That stuff gives me insomnia and anxiety (likely due to some type of neurotransmitter modification). What dose of Niacin is good to start with for these purposes ? I don’t want to take a gram a day....

yeggim

Doctor recommended Fish Oil to lower very high Triglycerides and Cholesterol... That stuff gives me insomnia and anxiety (likely due to some type of neurotransmitter modification). What dose of Niacin is good to start with for these purposes ? I don’t want to take a gram a day....
We talkin Niacinamide or Niacin?

redsun

Regular Nocotinic Acid (Niacin) is used for this purpose

I am not really for it but CM says to use TMG in equal quantities to niacin and glycine supplementation at half the dose to do it safely.

Maybe take 300mg a day or something really doesnt matter. The higher the dose the more effective it would be and vice versa.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I am not really for it but CM says to use TMG in equal quantities to niacin and glycine supplementation at half the dose to do it safely.

Maybe take 300mg a day or something really doesnt matter. The higher the dose the more effective it would be and vice versa.

Yeah that’s basically to ensure one doesn’t use up all their methyl donors from Niacin... Makes sense...

ddjd

im interested to know what are the main arguments against regular niacin (the flushing kind) from a peat perspective??