Advice on moral decisions and a plee to anyone else

enki369

to start off l am a 28 year old male living in sydney australia, i am struggling with moral decisions as of late as everyone probably knows the state of australia is not very good, l have been toying up whether to pack up and head to mexico or just stay, I know a lot of people will tell me GET OUT OF THERE!!!! but l feel its going to be like this pretty much everywhere in the world at some point and is it more advantageous to leave to a complete foreign environment new beginnings and a newly imposed global economic system its actually hard to say. I have land (about 90 acres) and a house about 5 hours north of Sydney very good climate maybe 20 minutes from the coast and I am up in the hills so flooding is not an issue, the place has great soil l have a small orchard and would be great dairy country so I wonder is it better to hunker down there or escape to a place like Mexico? Derrick Broze seems to be trying to build some small community there and ray thinks very highly of it. there is a lot of complexity in this question as there is the added element of what seems to be immanent war with china in which Australia would be a crap place to be and if society collapses Mexico would be a crap place to be. I am very good at hunting and fishing so the added advantage is l can easily acquire meat scources in Australia all I need to do is sort out fruit and vegetable garden. To me it seems there is a lot of liked minded people going to mexico which is huge but lve never meet to many liked minded people hear in australia so this is also a plee to any australians or anyone who might know of any aussies in sydney if your reading this l have plenty of resources lets talk , i am very friendly and open and want to actually figure out the future and how to navigate it and cant do it alone so please if interest message me otherwise ld be interested in hearing peoples thoughts.

hei

Australia has been going down the tubes for a long time (culture probably peaked in the mid 90s, before the idea of an Australian culture existing was just abandoned) and there's no real hope for the sudden development of civil liberties in the future. The current problem isn't really the problem, it's a symptom of a society where there simply isn't a culture of freedom or individual rights, a country so full up with authoritarians that the ones who creep into powerful positions find widespread approval and no impediment to their goals.

LucyL

In the US during the 90's and early 2000's we had a movement called the 'Free State Project' (still around - The Free State Project | Liberty Lives in New Hampshire) where Libertarians encourged each other to move to New Hampshire and basically make it Libertarian. I personally knew Libertarans who picked up and moved there. The question is, did it have any effect? 20 years on, I don't see any beacon of freedom coming out of New Hampshire.

I think the same thing will happen with Mexico. I would probably stay where you are, if you have a good spot, and put your effort into making sure all your neighbors are on your side.

AncestralJoy

Sounds like an epic setup! I studied nursing in sydney. No longer work as a nurse though and currently based in NZ not Sydney but do love that area.
FWIW I was born in Zimbabwe and we left 20 yrs ago to run away from what was happening there.. now we're in the current ballistic situation in NZ.
I could be wrong but I honestly don't know if you can out run this.
And also FWIW I've moved countries 4 times in my life and it takes years to recover from such moves and rebuild a network which I would say would be the most important factor in our current times especially if you're not going to be able to participate in society unjabbed.
Something that might be worth considering would be getting a couple more like minded ppl to live on your property in tiny houses or whatever so that if you're ever hassled you're not alone. Thats what some people are starting to do here who own land.
I think being outside a city is imperative and being able to feed yourself is also imperative. Along with a bit of a community and that may be the best chance you'll have.
We'd love to go to Mexico as well, and maybe even Zimbabwe would be better but I'm not convinced there wouldn't be issues there and having lived in Bulgaria for 2 yrs and with not speaking the language everything is difficult.
Just some things to consider but good on you for thinking about it because there aren't that many people responding appropriately to the current insanity so its nice to see someone considering it seriously

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sounds like an epic setup! I studied nursing in sydney. No longer work as a nurse though and currently based in NZ not Sydney but do love that area.
FWIW I was born in Zimbabwe and we left 20 yrs ago to run away from what was happening there.. now we're in the current ballistic situation in NZ.
I could be wrong but I honestly don't know if you can out run this.
And also FWIW I've moved countries 4 times in my life and it takes years to recover from such moves and rebuild a network which I would say would be the most important factor in our current times especially if you're not going to be able to participate in society unjabbed.
Something that might be worth considering would be getting a couple more like minded ppl to live on your property in tiny houses or whatever so that if you're ever hassled you're not alone. Thats what some people are starting to do here who own land.
I think being outside a city is imperative and being able to feed yourself is also imperative. Along with a bit of a community and that may be the best chance you'll have.
We'd love to go to Mexico as well, and maybe even Zimbabwe would be better but I'm not convinced there wouldn't be issues there and having lived in Bulgaria for 2 yrs and with not speaking the language everything is difficult.
Just some things to consider but good on you for thinking about it because there aren't that many people responding appropriately to the current insanity so its nice to see someone considering it seriously
Thanks for sharing your experience on moving to different countries. That’s invaluable information.

AncestralJoy

Thanks for sharing your experience on moving to different countries. That’s invaluable information.
No worries Blossom :)
In my experience its difficult to understand the intricacies until you've done it yourself (a few times just to be sure lol). And despite doing the Bulgaria move (which was awesome don't get me wrong) in our late 20s with not that much to stress us it is still a huge upheaval and cultural challenge.
I've moved countries when I was 11, 18, 27 and 29 and it literally takes about 2-5 years to get your feet back each time. Maybe if there are communities already there of likeminded people it would speed this up though?
I mean if the army is going door to door pricking people in Auz then ya Mexico is going to maybe be the better option.
But if it's a matter of hunkering down away from the chaos and keeping yourself fed for a year or two while society collapses then it sounds like the OP has a pretty sweet set up that would be a huge shame to sacrifice for a potential of more safety that may be just as challenging in different ways.
Lots of hefty decisions to make at this time hey..

@enki369 what are things like on the ground over There atm? what do you reckon the trajectory is?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
No worries Blossom :)
In my experience its difficult to understand the intricacies until you've done it yourself (a few times just to be sure lol). And despite doing the Bulgaria move (which was awesome don't get me wrong) in our late 20s with not that much to stress us it is still a huge upheaval and cultural challenge.
I've moved countries when I was 11, 18, 27 and 29 and it literally takes about 2-5 years to get your feet back each time. Maybe if there are communities already there of likeminded people it would speed this up though?
I mean if the army is going door to door pricking people in Auz then ya Mexico is going to maybe be the better option.
But if it's a matter of hunkering down away from the chaos and keeping yourself fed for a year or two while society collapses then it sounds like the OP has a pretty sweet set up that would be a huge shame to sacrifice for a potential of more safety that may be just as challenging in different ways.
Lots of hefty decisions to make at this time hey..

@enki369 what are things like on the ground over There atm? what do you reckon the trajectory is?
We’ve been trying to decide about moving to a better climate or staying put for a while. We are on 65 fairly rural acres (technically my in-laws own it) with a nice barn so we will probably just stay considering everything going on right now.

AncestralJoy

We’ve been trying to decide about moving to a better climate or staying put for a while. We are on 65 fairly rural acres (technically my in-laws own it) with a nice barn so we will probably just stay considering everything going on right now.
where about are you guys based?
I think it would feel better to be further from a big city if possible but your setup sounds great!

JamesGatz

to start off l am a 28 year old male living in sydney australia, i am struggling with moral decisions as of late as everyone probably knows the state of australia is not very good, l have been toying up whether to pack up and head to mexico or just stay, I know a lot of people will tell me GET OUT OF THERE!!!! but l feel its going to be like this pretty much everywhere in the world at some point and is it more advantageous to leave to a complete foreign environment new beginnings and a newly imposed global economic system its actually hard to say. I have land (about 90 acres) and a house about 5 hours north of Sydney very good climate maybe 20 minutes from the coast and I am up in the hills so flooding is not an issue, the place has great soil l have a small orchard and would be great dairy country so I wonder is it better to hunker down there or escape to a place like Mexico? Derrick Broze seems to be trying to build some small community there and ray thinks very highly of it. there is a lot of complexity in this question as there is the added element of what seems to be immanent war with china in which Australia would be a crap place to be and if society collapses Mexico would be a crap place to be. I am very good at hunting and fishing so the added advantage is l can easily acquire meat scources in Australia all I need to do is sort out fruit and vegetable garden. To me it seems there is a lot of liked minded people going to mexico which is huge but lve never meet to many liked minded people hear in australia so this is also a plee to any australians or anyone who might know of any aussies in sydney if your reading this l have plenty of resources lets talk , i am very friendly and open and want to actually figure out the future and how to navigate it and cant do it alone so please if interest message me otherwise ld be interested in hearing peoples thoughts.
m8 m8 m8 m8 m8 - If I were you I would move to the good Old USA - as long as the 2nd amendment still exists - the NWO will not take pull an Australia on us - and plus the american girls like very much the Aussie boys - as soon as you open your mouth their jaws will drop m8 ;)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
where about are you guys based?
I think it would feel better to be further from a big city if possible but your setup sounds great!
Indiana, north of Indianapolis by about 30 miles.