Advice on mole removal

LeeLemonoil

Why seek out a derm at all? They just scar you and take your money.

Because it works if you see a good derm with the right Laser. And it isn’t very expensive for one or a handful of naevi. Minimal scarring.

Of course, if your approach with bicarbonate works, that’s a nice option. But are there any testaments to it apart from yours?

Kaka

Have you heard of neem oil? I've not tried it, but apparently it can be used topically for mole removal.

It also looks like there're videos on youtube made by people who've used it.

Serene

Appreciate any input on this. Have a mole on my nose, it's been there forever. Similar colour to my skin, so it's never bothered me. After a sunburn at the end of last year, it went very dark, which made me notice it more. I thought it had increased in size (nothing crazy). The dark skin peeled away and it returned to its normal colour.

Anyway, I was at the doc, and asked him to take a look. He said the colours looked "chaotic" and given that it had possibly grown, he strongly recommended cutting it off. (no great surprise).

I spent the ensuing 6 weeks doing this: daily application of melanon, a drop of estroban, and then in the afternoon, a drop of cortinon, plus 2 drops of oral cortinon.

After 6 weeks, the mole and surrounding skin feel incredibly smooth, but otherwise, there is no change. It's still a little chaotic in colour, and it hasn't shrunk.

So my question is: should I get it removed? I believe I am somewhat hypothyroid at the moment, and am addressing that. Perhaps that is why the supplements didn't have more of an impact. The reason it's on my mind is I remember the Ray Peat quote where he said he's always been very cautious around moles, given their potential to metastisize.

As imperfect as the slice and dice thinking is, I'm wondering if in this instance it's the lesser of two evils? Does anyone have experience of mole removal?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Hi!

I had great luck with something that I think may have been cancerous on my nose. It was a little pink bump right on the tip of my nostril, recently it started bleeding randomly. It was there for years without changing.

I didnt have it checked by a dermatologist - I am going soon tho. Of course I don't have pics either, but I used cansemma black salve, which apparently only works if it is cancerous. The spot turned into a big black scab after application for 36 hours. Fell off in about 4 days, now only a small pink flat scar. (I just did this 2 weeks ago).

Anyway, not saying yours is cancerous, but the company also makes a blood root paste which gets rid of regular moles apparently.

I just ordered it since their products seem to be the real deal, and I have some other moles I would like to get rid of. They have a bunch of information on their site.

They also sell some kind of cansemma elixir that they recommend taking orally but I didnt do that. The product's active ingredients seem to be quinones - so just some vitamin k or maybe black seed instead.

I also recently read an article from someone who got rid of basal cell carcinoma with a paste of bicarb and coconut oil, but not sure if that would work for a regular mole.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Appreciate any input on this. Have a mole on my nose, it's been there forever. Similar colour to my skin, so it's never bothered me. After a sunburn at the end of last year, it went very dark, which made me notice it more. I thought it had increased in size (nothing crazy). The dark skin peeled away and it returned to its normal colour.

Anyway, I was at the doc, and asked him to take a look. He said the colours looked "chaotic" and given that it had possibly grown, he strongly recommended cutting it off. (no great surprise).

I spent the ensuing 6 weeks doing this: daily application of melanon, a drop of estroban, and then in the afternoon, a drop of cortinon, plus 2 drops of oral cortinon.

After 6 weeks, the mole and surrounding skin feel incredibly smooth, but otherwise, there is no change. It's still a little chaotic in colour, and it hasn't shrunk.

So my question is: should I get it removed? I believe I am somewhat hypothyroid at the moment, and am addressing that. Perhaps that is why the supplements didn't have more of an impact. The reason it's on my mind is I remember the Ray Peat quote where he said he's always been very cautious around moles, given their potential to metastisize.

As imperfect as the slice and dice thinking is, I'm wondering if in this instance it's the lesser of two evils? Does anyone have experience of mole removal?

I had been addressing some of my weird growths with coconut oil and baking soda with mixed result for the last two or so years, with them sometimes getting scarily bigger. I discovered MCT coconut oil to be way more effective! Where it took me 8 or so months to get one to go away on my temple and even come back a year later, MCT has made a couple shrivel and fall off in a matter of weeks!

Ben.

I had been addressing some of my weird growths with coconut oil and baking soda with mixed result for the last two or so years, with them sometimes getting scarily bigger. I discovered MCT coconut oil to be way more effective! Where it took me 8 or so months to get one to go away on my temple and even come back a year later, MCT has made a couple shrivel and fall off in a matter of weeks!

So just simple mct oil daily? Do you scratch the skin surface like the others said here in this thread before applying the oil?

To summarize this thread (please correct me if i got it wrong):

1. Scratch/Remove upper skin surface with nail, derma roller (?) or as someone suggested, a heated metal pin/nail.

2. Apply topically either:

-Iodine (lugols solution)
or
-Baking Soda paste
or
-MCT Oil

Or try topicall without scratching:

-Progesterone
or
-Neem Oil
or
-Black topical Salve

Last edited:
So just simple mct oil daily? Do you scratch the skin surface like the others said here in this thread before applying the oil?

To summarize this thread (please correct me if i got it wrong):

1. Scratch/Remove upper skin surface with nail, derma roller (?) or as someone suggested, a heated metal pin/nail.

2. Apply topically either:

-Iodine (lugols solution)
or
-Baking Soda paste
or
-MCT Oil

Or try topicall without scratching:

-Progesterone
or
-Neem Oil
or
-Black topical Salve
I don't scratch, just a simple dab a couple of times a day, nothing else, no baking soda. One rather big one on my back shrunk and fell off within two weeks. My family was stunned! I don't know if it works of every type of growth, but the one I had was brown, crusty and misshapen. A couple of others I am working on, when I can, cause I can't reach them on my back, are diminishing too.

I had my son take a pic of my back a couple of years ago and today, asked him to find it for me, so I can send you a before and after pic

I had my son take a pic of my back a couple of years ago and today, asked him to find it for me, so I can send you a before and after pic :)
I found the before pic of my back two years ago with the mole! Here is the before and today where it is no more after using the coconut mct oil last month!

Attachments

• 20210420_171321.jpg
    20210420_171321.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210420_171427.jpg
    20210420_171427.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210420_170718.jpg
    20210420_170718.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 34

Motif

Hi! Any success meanwhile ?

Here is my latest removal with MCT oil James.
I made a post on it that I will keep posting before and after pics.