Advice on mole removal

Jem Oz

Appreciate any input on this. Have a mole on my nose, it's been there forever. Similar colour to my skin, so it's never bothered me. After a sunburn at the end of last year, it went very dark, which made me notice it more. I thought it had increased in size (nothing crazy). The dark skin peeled away and it returned to its normal colour.

Anyway, I was at the doc, and asked him to take a look. He said the colours looked "chaotic" and given that it had possibly grown, he strongly recommended cutting it off. (no great surprise).

I spent the ensuing 6 weeks doing this: daily application of melanon, a drop of estroban, and then in the afternoon, a drop of cortinon, plus 2 drops of oral cortinon.

After 6 weeks, the mole and surrounding skin feel incredibly smooth, but otherwise, there is no change. It's still a little chaotic in colour, and it hasn't shrunk.

So my question is: should I get it removed? I believe I am somewhat hypothyroid at the moment, and am addressing that. Perhaps that is why the supplements didn't have more of an impact. The reason it's on my mind is I remember the Ray Peat quote where he said he's always been very cautious around moles, given their potential to metastisize.

As imperfect as the slice and dice thinking is, I'm wondering if in this instance it's the lesser of two evils? Does anyone have experience of mole removal?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

gaze

ray put progesterone on his and he said it shriveled up and fell off. you could try progest e

OP
J

Jem Oz

ray put progesterone on his and he said it shriveled up and fell off. you could try progest e
well cortinon is half progesterone, and it hasn't had an impact.

gaze

well cortinon is half progesterone, and it hasn't had an impact.
oh. yea i figured maybe one of those supplements had it but i'm unfamiliar with them. hopefully someone else can chime in

gaze

reading up on cortinon, didn't ray say in hypothyroid people dhea can be converted to estrogen? maybe it's having some estrogenic effects preventing progesterones actions

OP
J

Jem Oz

reading up on cortinon, didn't ray say in hypothyroid people dhea can be converted to estrogen? maybe it's having some estrogenic effects preventing progesterones actions
Yeh I'm thinking something like that has happened. I'd need to address thyroid before trying it again. Just not sure how worried I should be about the mole in the meantime.

gaze

shouldn't be a problem in the relative future. you could cut it off. problem is they have a tendency to grow back, but sometimes the removal is permanent. i don't think there's any major damage being done if you remove it, aside from the agent they may use to numb the area when they're doing the removal

OP
J

Jem Oz

shouldn't be a problem in the relative future. you could cut it off. problem is they have a tendency to grow back, but sometimes the removal is permanent. i don't think there's any major damage being done if you remove it, aside from the agent they may use to numb the area when they're doing the removal
Appreciate the input. I had a mole removed in my teens (trigger happy GP), and it never returned and hasn't caused any grief. I've been super stressed lately and do think it's gonna take some time to get fit and strong again, so might not be an ideal time to mess around with supplements. If I get it cut off and it comes back down the line, I should be in a better position to try treating it the 'peaty' way. That's my current thinking anyway

Andman

you could try removing it with apple cider vinegar or iodine, quite a few success stories online

had no luck using prog/melanon etc myself

hei

I tried (separately) progesterone, vitamin A, and Lugol's (not sure what %) on some of my moles and they weren't bothered by it at all. Maybe I have particularly robust moles?

Edit: forgot that I had one mole on my chin that kind of kept peeling off until it was invisible, though there seems to still be a bit of a lump there. It seemed related to using urea cream on my face. Don't know if it makes a difference but I think it was kind of a pinkish-brown colour to begin with whereas most of the moles on my body are dark brown. I had previously tried putting vitamin a on it every day for a week or two.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jem Oz

Tbh I’ve been a bit obsessive about it of late, because I see it every time I look in the mirror. If it has grown, it’s minimal. Bit hard to know what to do with moles tho if they don’t respond to at home remedies.

LeeLemonoil

Go to a dermatologist and have it removed by a laser.
Afterwards, if you don’t like the skin resulting, you can dermaroll that and treat with vitamin c and b3.

It’s the closest thing to getting new skin

rei

you could try removing it with apple cider vinegar or iodine, quite a few success stories online

had no luck using prog/melanon etc myself
gently scrape off the top layer of skin on the mole, should be possible just using your nails. Then apply a drop of lugol's iodine when laying down and let it absorb over 30 minutes or so. It should create a scab that very cleanly falls off leaving no mark.

Andman

gently scrape off the top layer of skin on the mole, should be possible just using your nails. Then apply a drop of lugol's iodine when laying down and let it absorb over 30 minutes or so. It should create a scab that very cleanly falls off leaving no mark.
thanks, been doing that for about 6 weeks now, thing got a little smaller for sure but its a very slow process

maybe i should try 2x daily with more aggressive scraping beforehand

OP
J

Jem Oz

If removing it is in fact the aim, I might as well just defer to the surgeon

rei

thanks, been doing that for about 6 weeks now, thing got a little smaller for sure but its a very slow process

maybe i should try 2x daily with more aggressive scraping beforehand
yes, it should be very raw, on the verge of bleeding. And after first drop is dried/absorbed immediately apply a second one if it seems stubborn. If the iodine is absorbed there is no other outcome than a scab forming and the mole falling out.

Steve

I think Ray said you definitely don't want to put progesterone directly on the mole because it can cause irritation to the mole which can lead to a bad outcome. He said he put progesterone just to the side of the mole. I think it was a new mole....not sure if a mole you had a long time would be affected the same way. I am guessing you could put progesterone next to an established mole every day for 5 years and absolutely nothing will happen.

gaze

l
I think Ray said you definitely don't want to put progesterone directly on the mole because it can cause irritation to the mole which can lead to a bad outcome. He said he put progesterone just to the side of the mole. I think it was a new mole....not sure if a mole you had a long time would be affected the same way. I am guessing you could put progesterone next to an established mole every day for 5 years and absolutely nothing will happen.
that makes a lot of sense, thanks for the clarification

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals