Advice on cyproheptadine dosage

Hi guys,

I have started to take cyproheptadine in order to combat the effects of what I suppose could be an hyper-serotonergic state.

I wanted to ask for advice regarding which dosage to take on a daily basis, or as a starting dose and then go tweaking it.

Thank you in advance.

I have been taking for three days approximately 2 to 3mg.

AlaskaJono

First slow down the matté drinking... . I am only 1/2 joking here. Like tea or coffee it is useful for our well being in moderate amount. Take care of your hígado!

Next do check below on this page as it shows some similar threads, like Cyproheptadine advice! And do use the search function.

Standard protocol is starting with .5 to 1 mg to see how it goes, and building up to 3 or 4mg. Feeling sleepy is one side effect that is usually accepted at night time but not in the day for example. If you are having no strong side effects you are fine at that dosage. You are experimenting so there is no particular 'best dosage' that "experts" or I could tell you. Many folks here have used higher dosages for shorter periods of time.

Someone else here will possibly answer also as I have not ever taken more than 4 mg day. When I do take it now it is usually 2 mg an hour before bed. My wife's dosage is about .4 or .5mg. See how you go.

OP
Guille Yacante
Thank both of you for your answers.

First slow down the matté drinking...
- haha yeah, I go easy with the mate drinking. With caffeine in general.

Feeling sleepy is one side effect
- Strangely I don't get much of that side effect. Even with 4mg doses.

You are experimenting so there is no particular 'best dosage' that "experts" or I could tell you.
That's true. I'll go experimenting then.

I know that if I eventually get side effects from the long term use I can help myself with some dopamine agonists like mucuna pruriens and a NMDAr agonist like sarcosine.