Advice On Antibiotic Treatment

DannyIrons™

For years I've had dysbiotic bacteria which has been confirmed by 2 comprehensive stool tests. So I am about to embark on treatment for this because it's been causing me so many problems for many years which I won't go into right now.

My choices are to take antibiotics;
Either Mino/doxy/tetra cyclines or go down the natural route and take Grapefruit Seed Extract and other antibacterials (carrot salad just 'ain't gonna' do it at this level of dysbiosis)

I plan to take activated charcoal with either treatment to reduce endotoxin load.

Can anyone give advice on their experience what they think would be best?

boris

No experience but from reading here low and slow is preferable. For example 20-40mg doxy per day. Some people take 100 without problems though. Hopefully someone with experience will chime in.
Doxycycline (low And High Doses)

Peat recommends to take K2 while on antibiotics because they can kill the bacteria that produce K2 in your gut.

OP
DannyIrons™

DannyIrons™

Thanks for the reply Boris - this area of health is a minefield, this forum is very anti-probiotic in general, but everywhere else seems to be in favour and many studies shown prebiotics/probiotics are useful and that diversity of microbione more important than any one particular good or bad bacteria. Maybe peoples results with antibiotics depend on whether they are reducing diversity, or increasing diversity by reducing dysbiotic bacteria.

In case of established infection confirmed by test your doctor should prescribe most effective antibiotic. Because various strains are killed by various AB. That low dose once a week approach appreciated on this forum is dangerous in your case. What's you are about to do is a Russian roulette. Even if you have paid out of pocket for stool test any gastroenterologists will be happy to prescribe suitable AB.

OP
DannyIrons™

DannyIrons™

I’ve also just realised that I have blasto cyctis hominis which was seen but not tested because I didn’t pay for a parasitologist year just a microbiology test.

I think I’m going to try high dose grapefruit seed extract, caprylic acid and another antibacterial. I know GSE is apparently estrogen if but the studies are impressive

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals