Advice Needed on Interpreting My Thyroid Labs Please!

tom94

Hey guys

I am a 26 year old male. I have been suffering from a variety of symptoms that I suspect could be thyroid related. These are the major ones I want to fix:
  • Insomnia - I don't often get deep, restful sleep and often wake up during the night.
  • Issues with lack of emotion. I can't remember what being happy or excited or motivated feels like. I know I'm not depressed. I'm not sad I'm just completely apathetic.
  • Fatigue - I have to will myself to work out (lifting) and rarely have the energy. I recover quite slowly from exercise. I feel like I should be exhausted by the end of the day but I still have issues sleeping even though my body feels so fatigued.
  • Low libido

Triiodothyronine (FT3): 5.69 pmol/L​

Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH): 1.47 mIU/L​

Thyroglobulin antibodies (TgAB): 10.7 kU/L​

Thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPOAb): < 9 kIU/L​

Thyroxine (T4): 89.6 nmol/L​

Free thyroxine (FT4): 11.7 pmol/L​

FT4 looks a little low but don't know too much about how to interpret these results. Could I have a thyroid issue? I want to find out if I need to see a doctor who could treat me. I'm also wondering if there are more labs I should order. I appreciate any insight as to what is causing these health issues.

Thanks!

Phosphor

Could be low dopamine, which isn't fixed with SSRIs.
Could be low adrenals.
Could be post-viral problem, or ongoing chronic viral problem.
Could be mold exposure.
How are your hormone levels?
How is your diet?
Could be celiac or gluten intolerance.

OP
T

tom94

Could be low dopamine, which isn't fixed with SSRIs.
Could be low adrenals.
Could be post-viral problem, or ongoing chronic viral problem.
Could be mold exposure.
How are your hormone levels?
How is your diet?
Could be celiac or gluten intolerance.
Hormone levels seem fine (Test, SHBG, Free Androgen & Vit D were all fine or within range)
Diet seems good - lots of meat, eggs, cheese, honey, OJ (avoiding anything fibrous at the moment due to gut discomfort as low fibre seems to suit me better)
Don't eat gluten so I guess we can count that out.
I have also recently moved to Costa Rica so I am getting an abundance of quality sunlight and exercise through surfing.
I also take Phenergan to help with sleep (10mg).

Phosphor

Hormone levels seem fine (Test, SHBG, Free Androgen & Vit D were all fine or within range)
Diet seems good - lots of meat, eggs, cheese, honey, OJ (avoiding anything fibrous at the moment due to gut discomfort as low fibre seems to suit me better)
Don't eat gluten so I guess we can count that out.
I have also recently moved to Costa Rica so I am getting an abundance of quality sunlight and exercise through surfing.
I also take Phenergan to help with sleep (10mg).
So if the problem is new, I would check environment. If you have a mold-susceptible gene you would not know it. I personally do not think a high level of meat is good, but it's your body and your choice. I have felt great on paleo but eventually my liver could not keep up. You could also have an unhappy liver. Not being a doctor, I can only come up with things from my own health saga and background. All the best.

OP
T

tom94

So if the problem is new, I would check environment. If you have a mold-susceptible gene you would not know it. I personally do not think a high level of meat is good, but it's your body and your choice. I have felt great on paleo but eventually my liver could not keep up. You could also have an unhappy liver. Not being a doctor, I can only come up with things from my own health saga and background. All the best.
Thanks Phosphor - it's not new. I've been feeling like this for a month+. I agree though. It could be a whole host of things. Just stuck on what to do! On the one hand I feel like it may be thyroid, on the other hand, I wonder if I have some form of dysbiosis hence why I can't tolerate any fruit/veg which makes me think a course of antibiotics may help. Or, like you said, liver may be playing up. Difficult one for sure!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals