Advice For Those With Fructose Malabsorption?

Ander

Hey

I'm new to Ray Peat's school of thought and was wondering if anybody has advice on following Ray Peat's dietary recommendations as someone with fructose malabsorption? I'm trying to slowly move towards putting a diet in place as I've found the small steps I've made with Ray Peat have seen some drastic improvements in my mental health and general sense of wellbeing.

The first question I have is with the sugared milk. I had three tablespoons of white sugar non-GMO in a glass of full fat high protein milk with two tablespoons of gelatin powder. I also had two eggs on sourdough bread with plenty of butter and coconut oil. For the first time in a long time my mental fog had dissipated, I had mental clarity and stable energy levels. However I was still quite bloated, with stomach cramps. White sugar has a ratio of 1:1 for glucose and sucrose I thought, but it still didn't sit well with me.

If anyone has any advice for a beginner I'd appreciate it

tara

Welcome Ander,

Do you want to give a bit of an idea of what you were doing before - what you have changed - and what problems you are trying to solve? Don't tell any detail you don't want to, of course.

Richiebogie

Hi Ander. Do you get stomach cramps drinking freshly squeezed orange juice? That contains sucrose (half glucose, half fructose), but it also has vitamin c, potassium and other goodies.

It would be good to know if fresh fruit does or doesn't bother you when determining a diet for you.

Is it possible the cramps were due to the bread?

Last edited:

thomas00

When my gut issues got really bad I became noticeably intolerant to fructose. Even just a teaspoon was a nightmare.

Being the great sugar lover I am I kept eating it anyway and it seemed to just go away and now I can eat a lot of sugar without any problems, even though I still have major gut issues (I'm finally starting to get on top of them now though).

So you could try that. Peat has cited studies showing lactose intolerant individuals adapting over time with repeated consumption of dairy so maybe the same is true for fructose intolerance too. It certainly seemed to be the case for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals