Advice for the long termers that actually has managed to increase their metabolic rate

narouz

Gl;itch.e said:
RPDiciple said:
Glitche: thanx, i have been doing 25g gelatin from time to time but maybe i should be more consistent with it and up it to 50g a day.
That's probably enough in general. I've done up to 40g a day in the past but I guess it depends how much protein you are getting from other sources as to how much gelatin you'd want/need.

Try Taurine if you haven't. I was using 9+ grams a day when I was unable to gain any weight. It has many added benefits besides helping with weight loss. Higher dopamine, testosterone. It also helps with carb metabolism and helps the muscles uptake more glucose.

When you do the taurine, Gl;,
how do you do it?
I mean--any other aminos with it?
With meals?
Spaced out through day...?

tara

Hi RPD, I don't claim to know what would be key for you, so I'll just name a possibility that occurs - may or may not apply to you.

From past posts, it seems you have been very focussed on maintaining low body fat by lots of workouts and restricting calories. Is your body fat very low? Chronic overexercise, calorie-restrictive eating, and very low body fat all seem to have the potential to reduce metabolism, including thyroid function, and possibly other aspects like testosterone etc. Even without the low body-fat, chronic over-exercise and chronic under-eating can also sometimes set the body up for increased fat storage.

It's possible that your goals of reducing body fat and increasing metabolism may be at odds. I know this is at odds with your expressed views on the subject. I'm not claiming to know this is what's at play in your situation, just that it's a possibility you might choose to consider.

For me, dropping my previous ideas about calories and body fat, and eating more, have given me more energy etc.

Gl;itch.e

narouz said:
Gl;itch.e said:
RPDiciple said:
Glitche: thanx, i have been doing 25g gelatin from time to time but maybe i should be more consistent with it and up it to 50g a day.
That's probably enough in general. I've done up to 40g a day in the past but I guess it depends how much protein you are getting from other sources as to how much gelatin you'd want/need.

Try Taurine if you haven't. I was using 9+ grams a day when I was unable to gain any weight. It has many added benefits besides helping with weight loss. Higher dopamine, testosterone. It also helps with carb metabolism and helps the muscles uptake more glucose.

When you do the taurine, Gl;,
how do you do it?
I mean--any other aminos with it?
With meals?
Spaced out through day...?
I was doing about 3 grams (one teaspoon) multiple times a day. Usually in juice or a shake and with a meal. Wasn't getting any other aminos besides BCAAs in my workout drinks and normal whole food protein.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals