Adults Catch A Flu Only Twice A Decade

haidut

Forum Supporter
So much for the public health message that not vaccinating is essentially guaranteeing you'll get the flu. Those "other bugs" the article talks about are likely the endotoxins produced by gut bacteria, which gives people the exact same symptoms as flu. Another point for Ray.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/hea ... e23278511/

"Adults only get flu twice a decade on average, scientists have found, suggesting that most of the coughs and colds that keep millions of people off work every year are down to other bugs. The findings will deepen understanding about how the disease spreads, who is most at risk and how to develop and deploy vaccines to combat it, said researchers who conducted the study."

tara

Gah - I think I've had flu once in the last 20 - 30 years. I've was completely out of action for a good fortnight. I hope that doesn't mean I'm due another 5 bouts soon!
(Had dozens of colds, one long bronchitis, and miscellaneous other infections. And yes I do know that's not how statistics work. :))

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
tara said:
Gah - I think I've had flu once in the last 20 - 30 years. I've was completely out of action for a good fortnight. I hope that doesn't mean I'm due another 5 bouts soon!
(Had dozens of colds, one long bronchitis, and miscellaneous other infections. And yes I do know that's not how statistics work. :))

I saw a study years ago showing that taking 5g of charcoal resolves 90%+ of "flu" episodes within 24 hours. However, given the above study this probably means again that most "flu" episodes are endotoxin related. Even if it is the flu, I think that lowering serotonin was shown to be beneficial since lower serotonin will raise body temperature and the organism will be able to subdue the virus more easily.

tara

haidut said:
tara said:

I saw a study years ago showing that taking 5g of charcoal resolves 90%+ of "flu" episodes within 24 hours. However, given the above study this probably means again that most "flu" episodes are endotoxin related. Even if it is the flu, I think that lowering serotonin was shown to be beneficial since lower serotonin will raise body temperature and the organism will be able to subdue the virus more easily.
Yes, I'll be trying the charcoal on anything that doesn't sort itself out quickly. I imagine lowering endotoxin would take some of the load off several systems so the body can fight an infection more effectively.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals