Adult Acne. What The Hell Is Wrong With People Like Me?

bohogirl

I've had acne since I was about 17. At 17, it was the normal teenage acne. 26 now and up until recently I've had cystic acne that first started on cheeks, and then spread to where it mostly was, jawline/neck. I also got really bad scarring.

Diet helped me tremendously, but as any acne sufferer wants to know, why can some people eat ***t and have clear skin?

What is it that is wrong with me?

Why am I able to drink low-fat kefir but not full-fat kefir? Why does cheese and butter break me out? Why does sugar break me out (or is it the dairy/butter in the same product breaking me out?)

I was fed soy milk as a baby, and up until I started getting acne, ate all types of sugar, milk, butter, cheese.

While I have controlled my acne, I still can't get rid of the huge pores, blackheads, and comedones. If I cheat one tiny bit, I am guaranteed acne that will always end up scarring (pitted).

My problem is that I am constantly looking at other people and just thinking: How? How can you fill your body with ***t and have baby soft plump skin?

Looking for other insights into this.

YuraCZ

leaky gut, bad liver=you can't detoxify toxins, estrogen properly etc.. Diet = no casein(whey is ok), gluten, no fried foods(junk food overall) and no alcohol! I had horrible acne basically all forms from 14 to 24-25. Avoiding hard to digest protein structure like casein or gluten is absolutely necessary.. After those changes. You will see great results in 2-3 months..

lvysaur

I was fed soy milk as a baby

Instead of breast milk? That'll certainly cause problems.

I was breastfed, and I used to regularly experience acne from non-organic, non-fermented milkfat. Butter gave me acne within hours, whole milk would need consistent drinking for a few days' duration in order to do the same thing. Yogurt and cheese would do nothing. Organic butter/milk would do nothing.

I drink/eat organic milk and butter with no problems now, but the non-organic stuff doesn't give me problems anymore either. I think it has something to do with rBGH, and the steps that farms have taken during the last few years to reduce its usage. Maybe you just have a lower threshold for whatever substance causes the acne.

jyb

Diet helped me tremendously, but as any acne sufferer wants to know, why can some people eat ***t and have clear skin?

What is it that is wrong with me?

That is a question that not just you but many members of this forum must be asking themselves. Although I have my acne under control, my health too can suffer if I'm not as careful with the diet, while my mates and colleagues can eat whatever they feel like eating and remain healthy. It's pretty simple: if you were healthy, you should be robust and your gut barrier for example should not be damaged, so you should easily be able to handle a bit of junk food assault, right? And if you did suffer, you should have the ability to recover easily like young people have.

Last edited:

dookie

I get estrogen symptoms from most dairy products, especially liquid milk. But I don't think acne is caused by estrogen, at least not the classic high estrogen syndrome. Do you have other high estrogen symptoms like water retention, emotionality, etc?

marsaday

I have made a post about my wife experience with VIT C today. It may not be related to your issue, but there has to be some type of connection.

I used DHEA a few yrs ago and was taking 25mcg a day for about a month. My skin suddenly became very bumpy and inflamed. I stopped it right away and things returned to normal. My skin is the type of skin you envy and i also eat pretty much what i want.

I think the adrenals are closely related to acne production. Not fully sure how it ties in.

This is the link to my own question: Vitamin C And Acne

My problem is that I am constantly looking at other people and just thinking: How? How can you fill your body with ***t and have baby soft plump skin?
Looking for other insights into this.

The people you describe have been genetically and environmentally lucky to this point, but it won't last forever. When things start going downhill for them, they'll be broadsided. Life can be an easy coast from day one, but this is a paradox; one who's never experienced roadblocks can't know what to change nor can he take the required action in a timely enough manner when that inevitable day comes where things start going very wrong. Experience is everything.

Health problems that occur early in life can be some of the most powerfully enlightening experiences a person can have. Keep reading, researching, and moving your lifestyle in the right direction in terms of your diet and your environment. Diet isn't everything, but it's a substantial piece of the puzzle.

Remember, people have reversed much more devastating conditions than acne (not to take anything away from you should you succeed in this endeavor).

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
B

bohogirl

Instead of breast milk? That'll certainly cause problems.

I was breastfed, and I used to regularly experience acne from non-organic, non-fermented milkfat. Butter gave me acne within hours, whole milk would need consistent drinking for a few days' duration in order to do the same thing. Yogurt and cheese would do nothing. Organic butter/milk would do nothing.

I drink/eat organic milk and butter with no problems now, but the non-organic stuff doesn't give me problems anymore either. I think it has something to do with rBGH, and the steps that farms have taken during the last few years to reduce its usage. Maybe you just have a lower threshold for whatever substance causes the acne.

Yes, mom couldn't breastfeed and I wasn't able to tolerate regular formula.

OP
B

bohogirl

Do you like your life? Skin entirely aside, are you spiritually and socially stressed?

My skin causes me all the problems. I am stressed and depressed only because of my skin. I don't have many social interactions anymore. Basically my skin has been controlling me. Skin aside, life would be beautiful. Not to say I don't have other problems, but I've learned to handle those.

OP
B

bohogirl

I have made a post about my wife experience with VIT C today. It may not be related to your issue, but there has to be some type of connection.

I used DHEA a few yrs ago and was taking 25mcg a day for about a month. My skin suddenly became very bumpy and inflamed. I stopped it right away and things returned to normal. My skin is the type of skin you envy and i also eat pretty much what i want.

I think the adrenals are closely related to acne production. Not fully sure how it ties in.

This is the link to my own question: Vitamin C And Acne

I will check this out.

Richiebogie

Here is someone who overcame acne and other issues. He follows a fairly strict diet of fruit only, but it sounds like it worked fairly quickly, so maybe try it out for a week.

Louise the interviewer notes that fruit took her a few months to fix most of her issues.

OP
B

bohogirl

So I tried to eat oysters...first time...so I got canned boiled ones, couldn't stomach them, wanted to gag. (i was just eating out of can)

I hear people say eat liver and oysters to clear skin, I can do the liver, but any suggestions for the oysters?

tara

Tenacity

Perhaps your case is different to mine, but I've been acne free for about two weeks (I'm 20). I strongly believe that light exposure (especially in the morning) affects the severity of the condition.

EIRE24

Perhaps your case is different to mine, but I've been acne free for about two weeks (I'm 20). I strongly believe that light exposure (especially in the morning) affects the severity of the condition.

I agree but my skin is dry and I also have acne and the sun and light seems to actually dry it out. I think sleep is also another important factor, makes a massive difference for me.

ilovethesea

Are you taking vitamin A? I found eating beef liver didn't do anything (probably because I find it gross so I don't eat enough of it). But supplementing liquid vitamin A works very well for my skin.

Ray recommends retinyl palmitate. I use Genestra A-Mulsion - it's 15000 IU per drop. I was having some acne issues and within a couple days it all cleared up. It has some excipients but being able to take a high dose outweighs that for me.

Retinil from Idea Labs didn't work as well for me - that is retinyl acetate.

Also you might simply need to take a higher dose of A. I am taking about 100,000 IU right now. I think some of us just have really high A requirements. Chris Masterjohn theorized that it might have something to do with light eye colour.

OP
B

bohogirl

Are you taking vitamin A? I found eating beef liver didn't do anything (probably because I find it gross so I don't eat enough of it). But supplementing liquid vitamin A works very well for my skin.

Ray recommends retinyl palmitate. I use Genestra A-Mulsion - it's 15000 IU per drop. I was having some acne issues and within a couple days it all cleared up. It has some excipients but being able to take a high dose outweighs that for me.

Retinil from Idea Labs didn't work as well for me - that is retinyl acetate.

Also you might simply need to take a higher dose of A. I am taking about 100,000 IU right now. I think some of us just have really high A requirements. Chris Masterjohn theorized that it might have something to do with light eye colour.

I am not taking A but eating liver. And I actually don't know how much liver I should be eating. How much is too much? I will eat more if I have to.

Sometimes I like the taste of liver, sometimes I don't. But if it cures my acne, I will eat as much as I need to.

My cysts are mainly on my right jawline/neck area, and I am highly sensitive to dairy/sugar. Not sure what this correlates to.

I just want so bad to be rid of this problem so I can start looking at scar revisions.

I want to get blood tests done but not sure what to test for.

OP
B

bohogirl

I agree but my skin is dry and I also have acne and the sun and light seems to actually dry it out. I think sleep is also another important factor, makes a massive difference for me.

Unfortunately I don't sleep well, which I know contributes to poor everything. I am a mouth breather as well. I am trying to correct it.

It just gets overwhelming to research and try to correct all of your problems.

OP
B

bohogirl

So I had a couple of cysts pop up, right jawline, right neck, and under chin. Little congestion on forehead (tiny acne). Still have comdeones on chin (think they're called that), blackheads on nose, clogged pores on cheeks by nose, clogged pores around lips.

I recently also had cyst on my jawline, on both sides, in the same exact spots.

I don't have oily skin, more on the dry side. I don't get it.

I just want so bad to fix this and I am getting so obsessed with trying to find a solution.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals