Adult-Acne. Advice Please

Cloud

Hi!

I'm a 35 yr old Male who is suffering from Acne ....can anyone give me Advice how to get rid of that ? Currently i try Zinc in the Form of 25 mg Picolinate...but its still not really better.

EIRE24

Hi!

I'm a 35 yr old Male who is suffering from Acne ....can anyone give me Advice how to get rid of that ? Currently i try Zinc in the Form of 25 mg Picolinate...but its still not really better.
Has this improved? I'd also love to see most peoples responses on here. Besides the usual vitamin A and carrot salad what else would be helpful?

A. squamosa

Hello, I've heard* that vit. a is a major one for acne, as in get more of it to eradicate the acne. Think a serving of liver (organic, extremely fresh) every week and an egg (100% pastured chickens) a day. If doing that doesn't sort you out after a month, perhaps start taking some vit. a supplements - I'm sure ideaLabs will be able to provide something in that region.

*edit: I've seen it espoused by a Ray Peat style nutritionist that I trust and a Ray Peat inspired beauty editor that I also trust.

EIRE24

Hello, I've heard* that vit. a is a major one for acne, as in get more of it to eradicate the acne. Think a serving of liver (organic, extremely fresh) every week and an egg (100% pastured chickens) a day. If doing that doesn't sort you out after a month, perhaps start taking some vit. a supplements - I'm sure ideaLabs will be able to provide something in that region.

*edit: I've seen it espoused by a Ray Peat style nutritionist that I trust and a Ray Peat inspired beauty editor that I also trust.
I've tried the vitamin A thing and it doesn't work for me. Maybe I need a higher dose but even eating massive amounts of liver has never worked for me. Maybe it's not a vitamin A deficiency for me?

OP
C

Cloud

Eire24.....how much I.U and in which Form of Vitamin A have you tried ?

EIRE24

Eire24.....how much I.U and in which Form of Vitamin A have you tried ?
I have gone as high as 100'000 IU and I've tried liver, retinol, Carlsons vitamin A, retin-A. I've tried them all. Is it possible for vitamin A to make dry skin drier? That's what it seems to do for me?

bohogirl

I've tried the vitamin A thing and it doesn't work for me. Maybe I need a higher dose but even eating massive amounts of liver has never worked for me. Maybe it's not a vitamin A deficiency for me?

It's prob not vitamin A. Let experience be your teacher. Can you post a pic of what kind of acne you get (doesn't have to be you, google pic will work)

Note

Yeah, acne it's tricky to find what cause it.
It can even poor digestion, stress etc.

OP
C

Cloud

my Acne seems to heal up....i use Probiotics, Vit.A and Zinc.....i 've listened to Ben Fuch's Podcast on Acne....he's on Youtube.

EIRE24

It's prob not vitamin A. Let experience be your teacher. Can you post a pic of what kind of acne you get (doesn't have to be you, google pic will work)
Hey man when I get a bit more time I'll write a lengthy bit explaining the ins and outs of my acne. I have a few different theories as you know acne can be tricky. It could be too low protein diet, too low fat, too low calories, digestive issues, cosmetic issues, dry skin which is being compensated for by glands making skin too oily or dead skin blocking pores haha as you can see I know it isn't easy and very tricky to treat

Note

Hey man when I get a bit more time I'll write a lengthy bit explaining the ins and outs of my acne. I have a few different theories as you know acne can be tricky. It could be too low protein diet, too low fat, too low calories, digestive issues, cosmetic issues, dry skin which is being compensated for by glands making skin too oily or dead skin blocking pores haha as you can see I know it isn't easy and very tricky to treat

Dry skin can cause acne too, it's important that your skin it's moisturised from inside and outside, and the process of the healing it's much faster, dry skin it's more prone to irritations and blemishes.

I am amazed that my friend who had severe acne with cystic doesn't have any scars or blemishes, he has some blackheads but otherwise his skin looks good, he doesn't have dry skin,my brother similar had bad acne and now skin clear and no scars, both not dry skin.

I have scars and even dark marks left after pimples, as a teenage my skin was more oily and marks after breakouts healed easier than now when my skin looks more dry.
I am going to moisturised my skin.

Last edited:

tyler

What is the solution?
Avoid fluoride in all forms as best as you can. Fluoride is incredibly anti-throid and can be a massive contributor to acne (search "fluoroderma"). My personal belief is that fluoride is a leading cause of the current health epidemic. As harmful as PUFA, in my opinion. The book that Tim posted is lengthy but it's a great read- and goes way beyond just skin issues.

What you can do is
a) Avoid fluoride in all forms as best as you can.

b) Supplement with iodine or eat iodine rich foods. This will displace stored fluoride in the body- but be aware that if you release stored fluoride too quickly, it will temporarily cause fluoride toxicity symptoms (maybe skin issues in your case) For that reason it's best to slowly ramp your iodine intake.

Sources of fluoride:
Toothpaste, obviously. Conventional toothpaste is especially harmful because is includes SLS- which increases the fluoride absorption dramatically.

Tap water (drinking and using it to cook). You can check your towns annual water report so see the fluoride content of your water.

Foods made or processed with tap water (pasta, cereal, sodas and juices made with tap water, grain products all have high concentrations of fluoride)

Fluoride-based pesticides on vegetables and fruits (most notoriously used on grapes and raisins). For this reason, choose organic when possible.

Fluoride-based pesticides on animal feed. (Fluoride found highest in conventional chicken) It stores mostly in their bones and ligaments, so try to always avoid non-organic/non-grassfed stocks, bones, connective tissue.

Wine (made from conventional grapes) and tea.

Fluorinated pharmaceuticals (lists of these meds can be found online).

Tim Lundeen

@bohogirl Her acne totally resolved by (1) restricting fluoride intake, so as not to add any more fuel to the fire, and (2) supplementing iodine and slowly titrating it up, so that the iodine replaces body fluoride stores (because fluoride is trapped in bone, it can take years to fully heal, but you can get very fast improvement in how you feel).

If you take a low dose of iodine and it makes you nauseous, then you are almost certainly fluoride toxic: the iodine replaces fluoride very quickly, so you get a big dose of fluoride in your gut and that causes nausea. I used to get nauseous when I ate high-iodine seafood, I think from this effect. Now I can take 25mg of iodine and am fine (but normally take 3-4mg/day).

The book is fascinating and well-written regardless, very helpful for reducing fluoride intake (for example, a lot of non-organic food is produced with fluoride-based pesticides that remain on the food), and helpful in terms of how to safely reduce body residues.

A review from an acne sufferer: "My acne is gone for the first time in 30 years" Amazon.com: Mark Twain's review of The End of Acne: How Water is the Cause of...

My review is at Amazon.com: Timothy D. Lundeen's review of The End of Acne: How Water is the Cause of...

bohogirl

@bohogirl Her acne totally resolved by (1) restricting fluoride intake, so as not to add any more fuel to the fire, and (2) supplementing iodine and slowly titrating it up, so that the iodine replaces body fluoride stores (because fluoride is trapped in bone, it can take years to fully heal, but you can get very fast improvement in how you feel).

If you take a low dose of iodine and it makes you nauseous, then you are almost certainly fluoride toxic: the iodine replaces fluoride very quickly, so you get a big dose of fluoride in your gut and that causes nausea. I used to get nauseous when I ate high-iodine seafood, I think from this effect. Now I can take 25mg of iodine and am fine (but normally take 3-4mg/day).

The book is fascinating and well-written regardless, very helpful for reducing fluoride intake (for example, a lot of non-organic food is produced with fluoride-based pesticides that remain on the food), and helpful in terms of how to safely reduce body residues.

A review from an acne sufferer: "My acne is gone for the first time in 30 years" Amazon.com: Mark Twain's review of The End of Acne: How Water is the Cause of...

My review is at Amazon.com: Timothy D. Lundeen's review of The End of Acne: How Water is the Cause of...

Very interesting...I've been doing two things lately...eating iodized salt and consuming a lot of cooked bulgur. I avoided wheat for a very long time. Used Celtic sea salt for a very long time. Rarely ate seafood. It seems like one of the two or both cause some spots to flare and then it begins to heal.

I did accidentally consume sugar in applesauce. I've been avoiding added sugar for a long time, notice it made acne worse... I did have a spot flare (might have been the sugar) and now it's starting to heal.

I'm really hoping that the lack of iodine is what is causing my acne and food allergy problems.

Note

What foods are rich in iodine?
That's very interesting, I avoid fluoride as much as possible, however not everybody will get acne from tap water and fluoride.

Richiebogie

Hi @Cloud

Try removing all dairy, grain, seeds, beans and nuts for a month.

Eg avoid milk, cheese, yoghurt, cream, butter, wheat, oats, barley, beer, rice, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, sunflower seeds and oil, peanuts, peanut oil, canola oil, safflower oil, cashews, almonds, walnuts, etc.

Also cut back on animals fed on these foods like chicken, eggs, pork, bacon, processed meats, farmed trout, farmed prawns etc.

You will need to eat more oranges, bananas, dates, dried figs, sweet potatoes, coconut, wild fish, oysters, wild mussels, prawns, squid, grass fed lamb, grass fed beef, wild duck, dark chocolate, lettuce etc.

(Rinse dried fruit to remove sulfur preservatives).

It may help to avoid eating out or with family and friends unless you feel comfortable leaving food untouched on your plate.

Some other problem foods include tomato, goji, eggplant, white potato and peppers.

After a month if you still have issues you can try removing some of your remaining 'safe' foods.

Eg vinegar, spinach, herbs and spices, oranges, bananas etc.

Otherwise you can try reintroducing foods maybe 1 every 3 days to see if they were the cause of your problems.

(Good skin may be only one of the benefits).

Makaveli

Some people on the forum had success with applying topical progesterone cream on their face

beta pandemic

Fluoride thing is interesting especially because there is actually a medical name for the skin breakout it causes in sensitive individuals fluoroderma

"In 1986-87 ORNL discovered that fluorides in the body cause accumulation of calcium-fluoride in the lymph nodes and that this damages the pathogen destruction mechanism of the immune system"

from the pics i see Fluoroderma victims also seem to have mostly those kinda pimples that are white at the head

worth a shot imo

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals