Adrenals / Thyroid & Mitochondrial Problems

opiath

The body does not "want" the acidosis to be there.
The root cause is disrupted aerobic metabolism.
So any attempt to "get out" of the acidosis without fixing the aerobic metabolism will backfire on you.
Baking soda will not help you since it will just shock your PH for a moment.

OP
P

peep

Ok, I just dont get how this all happened and fixing it with only with Palmitic acid seems just too simple.

But all my hopes are on it:)

Xisca

@opiath do you think it is similar if I have the lactate excess but not the pyruvate?
Same good use of palmitate?
I also have histamine reactions, get better with metylcobalamin and crave egg yolks I guess for colesterol.
Thanks for the nice input.I need to understand this of the NAD and NADH. ..

Herbie

have you ever considered natural vitamin c like camu camu powder ?

Ive had fresh camu camu juice in the Amazon, its the Amazon's version of an orange, very nice. I tried the powder and its disgusting.

Its like buying orange powder and calling it a super food which is not food and the vitamin c oxidised.

Xisca

Most natural vit c is from acerola powder. It is low temp dried I think. Bottled juice can have a better taste and it will never be like fresh juice either. We can also home juice parsley, it has a lot of vit c.

managing

Most natural vit c is from acerola powder. It is low temp dried I think. Bottled juice can have a better taste and it will never be like fresh juice either. We can also home juice parsley, it has a lot of vit c.
What about rose hips?

OP
P

peep

@opiath
If you got some spare time, could you try to help me understand where in particular my problem is ? I think your guess on my situation could be it :))

opiath

I am not sure about the root cause of your problems.
Keep in mind I have health problems of my own that I haven't solved completely.
I posted here in your thread because of the similarities between us.
I have high lactic acidosis and low cholesterol same as you but I think I am on my way to solving these.

If you were eating lots of PUFA in the past this could have blocked your oxidative phosphorylation.
If this is the case, depleting the PUFA will bring you improvements but it will take time.
I read how your symptoms started with toilet urgency and then you tested low in beneficial bacteria.
The gut flora is controlled by PH so if the acidosis happened first it makes sense you lost your flora.
And when you loose the flora problems become worse because you lose your riboflavin(B2) production.
Riboflavin is critical for oxidative phosphorylation and methylation.
Without it your problem becomes bigger, so this is something you should explore.
I am having good results so far with B2.
My methylation status is different than yours because I am high in neurotransmitters and I tend to overmethylate. When this happens NAD works for me as methyl sink but for you it might not be beneficial.
In both cases b2 is important because it regenerates methyl-folate from folate.

I did't say palmitic acid is magically going to fix all your problems but it will be big help if you consume it consistently.
It will slow down PUFA release, improve your oxidation and lower acidosis.
Your progress might be invisible at first but keep at it and you will see improvements when the PUFA empties out.

OP
P

peep

Ok, though your ideas on my problem have helped me a lot already!
Im going to report back in 2 Weeks when I have more info on how its working out.
So far I think the MB, methylation (b12) and Palm oil is the big change in my Symptoms.

With increased dosage of MB (3mg) I get some flatulence. But thats the only thing.
Could that have something to do with "starting" up the oxidative phosphorylation or using up lactate/pyruvate ?

Whats your b2 dosage? And what are your improvements in particular?

Im not sure if Pufas was the root cause. Maybe increased NO

Last edited:

opiath

Flatulence means your gut flora is rebuilding because the PH is improving, especially if it is odorless.
This is probably due to MB + palmitic improving oxygenation and creating CO2 instead of lactate.

If I were you I would lower or drop MB to ensure you don't have a b2 deficiency first.
MB can mask insufficient b2 and you don't want to be substituting for it until you correct it.

You can start 4x 50mg during daylight.
Don't worry about yellow pee. You always get that, even if you are deficient.
If you don't get yellow after your first pill it means you need it big time.

When doing riboflavin if you start getting very warm, your breathing slows down or you get peripheral nerve irritation it means it is time to add Thiamine.

Once you are stable and you get no negative after effects from b1 you can add biotin.
You will be to repopulate with bifidus when your PH stabilizes so you don't need to keep taking b vitamins.

If you think NO is blocking your respiration you can fix this with red light (5-10 min on body per day).

Last edited:
OP
P

peep

getting warm, slow breath, thats not what I got already.
Im almost always too warm or too cold.

Im taking a b complex with 100mg b1 and 50mg b2 for about 2 weeks now.
But have b1 and b2 as 100mg tablets too.

I dont know if I ever got negative effects from b1. I just tried it several days with dosages around 500mg
Would be taking all 3 together alright too ?

I do have Bifidus at home too^^ Was pretty low in my lab tests. But I guess its not too usefullright now.

OP
P

peep

in relation to my question if I should take b1 with b2 and biotin?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

opiath

Fascinating @opiath! Can you expand on this more? Curious. Also where I might read more?

When your aerobic metabolism is damaged two things happen that destroy your beneficial flora:
1.You have a lot of oxidative stress because your mitochondria are not using up the oxygen in the electron transport chain
This damages the bacterial populations as per this post by Haidut:
Riboflavin As The Next Generation Prebiotic Supplement

2.You produce a lot of lactic acid because your are stuck in glycolysis.
Lactic acid pushes you into metabolic acidosis, so to protect you from this body reduces lactic acid bacteria.
This means your Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus go down.
These are the good guys, they dont make nasty smelling gas and they protect you from endotoxin and produce b vitamins.
When they die out, their competition which includes sulfur-reducing bacteria can proliferate.
They break down sulfur from food to hydrogen sulfide which smells very bad.

L

lollipop

When your aerobic metabolism is damaged two things happen that destroy your beneficial flora:
1.You have a lot of oxidative stress because your mitochondria are not using up the oxygen in the electron transport chain
This damages the bacterial populations as per this post by Haidut:
Riboflavin As The Next Generation Prebiotic Supplement

2.You produce a lot of lactic acid because your are stuck in glycolysis.
Lactic acid pushes you into metabolic acidosis, so to protect you from this body reduces lactic acid bacteria.
This means your Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus go down.
These are the good guys, they dont make nasty smelling gas and they protect you from endotoxin and produce b vitamins.
When they die out, their competition which includes sulfur-reducing bacteria can proliferate.
They break down sulfur from food to hydrogen sulfide which smells very bad.
Makes sense. Thank you! One question, if non smelling gas means the reorganization of your gut bacteria, does smelly gas - which translates to the sulfur reducing bacteria indicate endotoxin problem? This is my understanding. Do I have it correctly?

opiath

One question, if non smelling gas means the reorganization of your gut bacteria, does smelly gas - which translates to the sulfur reducing bacteria indicate endotoxin problem? This is my understanding. Do I have it correctly?
Absolutely.