Adrenals / Thyroid & Mitochondrial Problems

peep

My older post: Need Big Help

I made some more lab tests, which revealed that my adrenals are probably "burned out".
Ive gotten cortisone in the past. So that could be the cause.

But could that be the reason for digestive issues like IBS?

Things that increase my metabolism like smoking, caffeine and sport do help me sometimes.
high pyruvate + lactate would tell "me" that glycolosis / Krebs cycle isnt working as it should? Therefore more pyruvate is made into lactate?

Those are my Lab tests:

Progesterone: 19,8 ng/dl (range 5-14,9)
Estrogen: 32 pg/ml (range 11 -43)
Testosterone free: 13 pg/ml (range 7,6 - 36,2)
Prolactin: 18,5 ug/l(range: 4 - 15)
T3 4,3 pg/ml (range 2 - 4,4)
T4 1,59 ng/dl (range 0,9 - 1,7)

TSH 2,95 uUI/ml (range 0,27 -4,2)
DHEA: 259 ug/dl (range 211-492)

Adrenaline 2,59 ug/g (range 4 -10)
Norepinephrine 15,3 ug/g (range 32 - 58)
Dopamine 78 ug/g (range 150 - 280)
Serotonin: 108 ug/g (range 140 - 230)

Cortisol

8 am 4,2 ng/ml (range 3-9)
1 pm 1,1 ng/ml (range 0,6-2,3)
8 pm 1,91 ng/ml (range 0,2-0,8)

cholesterol: 141 (range <200)

Copper 0,7 mg/l (range 0,85 -1,,05)
Zinc 6,8 mg/l (range 7 - 7,7)
Seelen 108 ug/l (range 100-140)
Calcium 60 (range 57-61)
Magnesium 36 (range 35-39)

Lactate: 1860 (range <1528)
Pyruvate: 153 (range 58-136)

Coq10 0,48 mg/l (range 0,9 - 1,4)

b12 660 pg/ml (range 193-985)

Thats not all. But everything thats not in "range".

johnwester130

have you ever considered natural vitamin c like camu camu powder ?

I am against the superfood movement, but this one looks good. it's just a very potent fruit powder. the adrenals run on vitamin c

OP
P

peep

Yes, but right now I have some liposomal "natural" vitamin c with Lecithin Phospholipids.

But @johnwester130 what are your thoughts on low adrenaline,dopamine,norepheneprine, cortisol, ...etc

If adrenals are low, why is my DHEA still in range?

opiath

Hey @Fisherman94

I'm going to give you my take on your situation.
You see, all of your out of range values point to the same problem - disrupted oxidative phosphorylation.
It is usually disrupted by PUFA/Blue light and can be restored using: saturated fat (palminate specifically), red light, methylene blue and pufa depletion.
I don't think your problem is the Krebs cycle since if it was Thiamine would give you long lasting benefits and I bet it doesn't.
I bet it works for a while and then makes you feel worse.
When the electron transport chain is not working smoothly your Krebs cycle gets downregulated on purpose to protect your NAD/NADH ratio.
This makes you have high pyruvate/lactate. And if you take thiamine you reduce the lactate but **** up the NAD/NADH ratio and your PH.
And when thiamine runs out of half life you build up lactate and **** up the PH again.
You go acidosis -> alkalosis -> acidosis every time you take Thiamine and this just damages you.

You don't have "burned out" adrenals. You just don't make enough cholesterol and CoQ10. They are both made from Acetyl-CoA.
I bet all your extra Acetyl-CoA is shuttled to fatty acid synthesis to produce some palminate so you can maintain respiration.

My suggestion to you until you deplete your PUFA is to try some palm oil.
It is relatively low in pufa (10%) but it is very very high in palmitic acid. It represent something like 50% of the total content.
This will improve your tissue oxygenation, bring up your cholesterol and CoQ10 and reduce lactate slowly.
If you don't want to buy it as a standalone product you can just use Nutella instead.
Nutella is basically palm oil and sugar.
Dairy fat is also high in palmitic acid but not as high as palm oil.

OP
P

peep

Thank you so so much for looking into it !

I tried b1 in combination with caffeine. That gave me immediate relief, but after cutting out caffein tablets it went back to worse.
So I thought caffeine would be the "helping" one. (by increasing metabolism or even cortisol /adrenals esp.)

I will try palmitic acid.

But I cant really connect those issues with my "digestive" issues. Can you?
I dont even know if those are digestive issues but "panic" or stress issues.
I tried many things towards my digestion, supporting stomach acid, bile, enzymes etc. but actually my plain digestion isnt that bad. (only lactose / whole milk powder)

opiath

Digestion will not improve until you restore respiration.
Without it you don't produce enough ATP and CO2.
Those are needed for digestive function.
Also your are in compensatory state because of the lactic acidosis.
Your body can't spare any bicarbonate for stomach acid, bile and pancreatic enzymes.

OP
P

peep

Would be coconut oil good instead of palm oil?
I drink 20g of coconut oil to increase my caloric intake from time to time.

Thank you opiath I really appreciate your help!

OP
P

peep

So do I need lots of palmitic acid?
Like can you guess how much in any unit or measurement?

opiath

I would say at least 10g spread out through the day.
Coconut oil is 1g(10%) palmitic per 10g.
Dairy/Butter fat is 2.5g(25%) palmitic per 10g
Palm oil is 4.5g(45%) palmitic per 10g.
Nutella is 10 grams palmitic per 100g.

OP
P

peep

So I hope when I lowered my lactate to normal, my lactic acidosis will be gone. Is my metabolism then going to be normal again too?

OP
P

peep

@opiath

What do you think about niacinamide? Would that do the same as Thiamine? So better avoid it?

opiath

My experience with Niacinamide has been negative.
If you take more than 500mg and you have histamine problems it will make them worse.
It acts as a methylation sink and as such will delay histamine clearance.

OP
P

peep

I do have very high histamine levels (stool), but no histamine intolerance (DAO in range).

So If im trying to increase methylation with b12.. its better to leave niacinamide ?

managing

I do have very high histamine levels (stool), but no histamine intolerance (DAO in range).

So If im trying to increase methylation with b12.. its better to leave niacinamide ?
Well 500mg is a lot of niacinamide. There are those on here that swear by it. I am not saying otherwise. But you may be fine on much less than 500mg.

opiath

Judging by your neurotransmitter values I would say you are undermethylating and any excess niacinamide would be harmful.

OP
P

peep

Would be trying to get out of acidosis be stupid because the body wants it to be there?
Wouldnt bicarbonate increase C02 and help acidosis.
I know that the acidosis is not the cuprit but the state right now with high lactate levels.

Honestly I dont really know that much about the glucose metabolism etc , I am just trying to understand.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals