Adrenals Direct Impact on Kidneys...?

DMF

I believe my overactive adrenals, which leave me with high cortisone levels, are wreaking a DIRECT havoc on my Kidneys, resulting in, obviously higher than normal creatine levels, as well as a surplus of other toxins making me ill.
I realize the genesis of much of this is life stressers, and the brain triggers much of this.. Hpwever, apart from the usual aray of drugs, such as Benzos, which are dangerous, or talk therapy is there any way - herbal/homeopathic/etc. to slow down the adrenals?

Mittir

RP mentioned how excess PUFA release burdens the kidney and let
albumin passes through. Niacinamide is very effective at lowering
release of PUFA and frequent feeding of small meal can do the same.
I have found 100 mg of niacinamide twice a day very helpful.
Excess Parathyroid hormones also causes kidney problem.
Any bitter herb will improve liver function, this helps with removing toxins.
Not sure about kidney herbs. I do not think RP recommends any herb for
kidney or liver ,except Cascara for over all detox.

J

j.

Peat mentions in an article that aldosterone damages the kidney. You can suppress aldosterone with thyroid and progesterone. He also mentions that it's important to consume calcium and keep a good calcium phosphate ratio, to prevent calcification and allow it to reverse.

DMF

It's almost as if, during high stress periods, that water, is literally passing right through me - somehow bypassing my kidneys ( or urinary tract altogether) leaving a toxic excess of toxins behind (inside the kidneys perhaps) because kidneys aren't filtering. Are they damaged, or does the filtering temporarily shut down because "adrenals tell them to"?
Forgive me but this is just a hypothesis
Responses greatly appreciated

aguilaroja

DMF said:
It's almost as if, during high stress periods, that water, is literally passing right through me - somehow bypassing my kidneys ( or urinary tract altogether) leaving a toxic excess of toxins behind (inside the kidneys perhaps) because kidneys aren't filtering. Are they damaged, or does the filtering temporarily shut down because "adrenals tell them to"?
Forgive me but this is just a hypothesis
Responses greatly appreciated

One possibility is “simply” that high adrenaline is increased the blood flow through the kidneys, thereby increasing the flow of urine. There are many factors in kidney filtration however. I obviously don’t know your exact situation, but if high adrenalin is the issue, kidney injury is not a major focus. Adrenal gland tumors, with skyrocketing adrenalin, have many worries much more than about kidney function. I am just describing an extreme (pheochromocytoma, found with a google search), not saying it applies here.

Going back to the beginning topic, sweet (sugary) or salty things will tend to blunt overactive adrenalin. I believe Dr. Peat has mentioned this in various contexts, for instance:

“Salty and sugary foods taken at bedtime, or during the night, help to improve the quality and duration of sleep. Both salt and sugar lower the adrenalin level, and both tend to raise the body temperature.”

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/th ... ties.shtml

Sometimes a pinch of baking soda in orange juice is a quick and effective anti-stress maneuver. Increased gelatin intake sometimes helps in periods of prolonged stress. Lots of restorative factors mentioned in the forum threads tend to lower adrenalin. For the long term, finding which peating factors are useful for you is key.

In the northern hemisphere, this is the darkest (least sunlight) time of the year-a biological stress. That factor will improve as things move toward spring and summer. Some peaters find red light/bright incandescent light and extra vitamin D helpful in the dark months.