Adrenaline Vs Cortisol Symptoms

I find adrenaline lowers my oral temp extremely fast. It is fast acting. Cortisol works bt accumulation over hours.

InChristAlone

If adrenaline lowers oral temp then why have I never seen that happen after an anxiety attack? That makes me wonder whether my 'adrenaline rushes' are actually adrenaline.

OP
F

freyasam

I thought increased heat was linked to adrenaline. Night sweats, etc

DesertRat

I learned, pulse up but not temp = adrenaline; temp up but not pulse = cortisol. In both cases, what happens after eating helps you understand -- both pulse and temp should increase; if they drop, you were most likely dealing with stress hormones causing the rise. Also, for me, adrenaline often leads to cold feet, while cortisol highs keep me warm all over.

Simonsays

Higher adrenaline, tends to colder extremities, hands feet, nose and also sudden sweating for me. Very high adrenaline, racing heart.

I think higher cortisol is not as instantaneous symptoms, more longer term changes. Weight gain around middle, stretch marks, high blood pressure. Long term high cortisol is linked to numerous illnesses.

BingDing

No. No one understands it. No one understands how thyroid regulates metabolism. No one understands how adrenaline substitutes for thyroid. No one understands how adrenaline regulates metabolism, or temperature, or pulse. No one understands how cortisol does any of that either.

You can find web sites that say being a "night owl" means high adrenaline, and that "night sweats, and palpitations" mean high cortisol. And you can find web sites that say high adrenaline produces high temperatures and pulse rates, so you can't tell the difference from good thyroid function.

Meh, IMHO.

ddjd

Higher adrenaline, tends to colder extremities, hands feet, nose and also sudden sweating for me. Very high adrenaline, racing heart.

I think higher cortisol is not as instantaneous symptoms, more longer term changes. Weight gain around middle, stretch marks, high blood pressure. Long term high cortisol is linked to numerous illnesses.
This sounds spot on.

I wonder what peat would say it's more destructive, high cortisol or high Adrenaline

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals