Adrenal Insufficiency, Bowel Problems, Need Help

Astolfo

It gets worse when I'm hungry, when I eat meat, when I try to concentrate, etc. Especially at midnights, im having 1000x more noise and jerk like movement down there.

Cyproheptadine and coffee makes it worse.

For now, only 2 mg loperamide works significantly. I'm having really hard times because of this problem.

I don't care treating the adrenals at this point, I just want it to not affect my bowels. How can I do this?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Have you tried TUDCA, cooked mushroom, activated charcoal?

OP
A

Astolfo

Have you tried TUDCA, cooked mushroom, activated charcoal?

Tudca is not being sold here. Cooked mushrooms do nothing. I didn't try AC as I believe it won't do nothing. This is not a bacterial problem, only occuring at special cases.

Terma

Did you try eating casein before bed? Probably at least 20-30g worth of casein protein or even more, up to 50g perhaps? Casein has some opioid-like activity (constipates some people) and you mentioned cheese. Protein at night is not usual, but casein can be an exception if you tolerate it, is designed to go with rest. You would have to try a cheese low in calcium first, then one high in calcium, because it is a double-edged sword. Also with and without magnesium. With and without sugar (not starch for this) - though without sugar poses issues. Again you could add gelatin on top if you find it but I'm not sure it will help, also a double-edged sword. Personally I noticed that although I do badly on most casein, especially during the day, a pure casein powder did seem to have a gut-slowing effect, and seemed to go ok alongside some magnesium glycinate (I don't remember fully but glycine was able to mitigate some dairy allergies so maybe that loosely relates). Unfortunately you might end up consuming a lot of fat that way, unless you have powders or low-fat options. Unfortunately the gut is an area I have made the least progress and found the least useful studies over the years, and usually my results are contrary to everyone in the world. The most powerful gut sedative for me was - by far - THC - but this is not a recommendation to you, just a fact - tolerance builds quickly anyway. Lysine (also in casein), ondansetron, stuff mentioned in that other thread about diarrhea, that's all I can think of today for ya.

OP
A

Astolfo

@Terma casein/cheese doesn't work.

That problem really increased. Now I can't even able to stay. That's really terrible, I don't know what to do.

rei

The problem might stem from impaired autonomic innervation in both the adrenal and digestive problems. I recently healed spine calcification and as the joints one after another got moving and realigned i would feel remarkable rumblings in my intestines as the nerves could resume normal function and soon i would pass gas/get sudden bladder full -feeling. Gas accumulation in intestines might always be a sign of autonomic problems, all generated gas should continuously and coordinatedly flow towards the exit without accumulation in "dead space" between still innervated segments.

The loperamide just sedates your intestines and might make the underlying problem worse. Try famotidine instead, it has some possibly curing activity, it is anti serotonin, antihistamine, can be used to prevent soft tissue calcification so if your problems are related to what i had it should at least prevent it from getting worse.

Last edited:
OP
A

Astolfo

Tried no starch and no fiber?

Haven't tried yet. My problem seems greatly increasing after eating meat. But also all meals make it worse. When I'm hungry(I have hyperphagia, possibly from 2C underactivation) it gets even worse.

I don't think I can solve it by changing the diet. That's not the only problem I have.

The most important part, I only experience bloating when there is a mental task or something. It's not a bacterial thing. I guess it's more related to neurotransmitters.

It's really upsetting that I could never fix any of my issue without eliminating the main problem.

@rei I have some famotidine at home. I may give it a try.

Haven't tried yet. My problem seems greatly increasing after eating meat. But also all meals make it worse. When I'm hungry(I have hyperphagia, possibly from 2C underactivation) it gets even worse.

I don't think I can solve it by changing the diet. That's not the only problem I have.

The most important part, I only experience bloating when there is a mental task or something. It's not a bacterial thing. I guess it's more related to neurotransmitters.

It's really upsetting that I could never fix any of my issue without eliminating the main problem.

@rei I have some famotidine at home. I may give it a try.

I would advise,for the whole situation, a higher dosed B-complex,B50 for nerval issues,
and a general Multivitamin.