ADMINS: Reply With Your Rationale Behind Why I Was Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclops

I dunno I guess it's just a gift 70% of us have.

After spending some time on the internet, I think it's more than that. It seems 99% of people are great at instantly pulling precise figures straight outta their ***!

OP
W

Waynish

Real answer: Backseat moderation. Not only that, but you were requiring others to make cited arguments to dismiss what was by all indications completely made up. If the mods have an issue with false reports, they will deal with it, not you.

What if, as a non-moderator replying to my question put to the banning moderator, you were banned for backseat moderating? I would argue that I was not moderating, of course.

OP
W

Waynish

That would be quite funny, and is the reason I originally deleted my post.

And I would prefer you were able to leave your post up without fear of being banned. But thanks for making my point in terms of lack of clarity from admins on why my post resulted in a ban.

Hugh Johnson

And I would prefer you were able to leave your post up without fear of being banned. But thanks for making my point in terms of lack of clarity from admins on why my post resulted in a ban.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but I already have a strong dislike of you and I have read just a few sentences you have written. I think it's an arrogant attitude by which you try to impose your view on others via rhetorical tricks like that one. I could be wrong, though.

Lucenzo01

Any idea who banned you? This is pretty unacceptable administration behavior, in my opinion.

I know this is not the real reason they banned me. This is what they told me but it's ridiculous. The real reason is that I was arguing against gbol and for some reason they are extremely sensitive and try to protect him whatever the cost. Maybe contrarian ideas (even when they go against everything Peat defends and are IMO ridicolous) increase the activity of the forum and they make more money...who knows.

OP
W

Waynish

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I already have a strong dislike of you and I have read just a few sentences you have written. I think it's an arrogant attitude by which you try to impose your view on others via rhetorical tricks like that one. I could be wrong, though.

How have I tried to impose my view? They're just words - and I never, for example, tell people on the forum I don't like them. It's fine if you don't like me, but you were the one who deleted the post that you wrote - I did not trick you into writing those words. I stand by my words; this forum has been a great learning resource, and I want it to continue to be.

OP
W

Waynish

I know this is not the real reason they banned me. This is what they told me but it's ridiculous. The real reason is that I was arguing against gbol and for some reason they are extremely sensitive and try to protect him whatever the cost. Maybe contrarian ideas (even when they go against everything Peat defends and are IMO ridicolous) increase the activity of the forum and they make more money...who knows.

So they won't tell you the real reason they banned you? I guess this thread is a good place to ask since I have basically the same question. I don't think your hypothesis is correct, however, since they did ban gbol too, I hear.

Lucenzo01

So they won't tell you the real reason they banned you? I guess this thread is a good place to ask since I have basically the same question. I don't think your hypothesis is correct, however, since they did ban gbol too, I hear.

Yeah, thay told me that I waa banned for using that expression, but I couldn't believe it. I was laughing my **** off.

OP
W

Waynish

Well, no administrators have replied here. Either you folks don't want to stand by your actions, or is your absence represents an admission of their inadmissibility. Based his comments in other threads, it seems safe to assume it was @charlie who banned me. Again, this has nothing to do with this Gbol character... If someone as non-controversial as myself was banned, then I wonder who else has been - but who hasn't bothered to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals