ADENOSINE Tablets Before Bed

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hey awesome tribe!

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with Adenosine supplements before bed, to obviously, induce drowsiness and sleep pressure.

I am excited to trial this week (Friend gave me some).

Difficulty finding research on this for sleep.

Thanks tribe!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Wishing you all the best with it, should be interesting. Hope it works!

Can you post the brand of the tablets? Thanks

Ah thanks!

Well I received them off my naturopathic friend, so she gave me 5 tablets, which is not enough for a proper trial, but I do have an oura ring, so I can track my sleep quite well/efficiently.

The brand is Orthoplex.

Yi at LDT

Thanks @Lokzo

Did your friend mention anything about their own experience of the experiences of their clients?

You would think someone would have tried using adenosine long ago considering all the hype around melatonin. But yeah, you would think it would work and if it does I'll probably give it a go myself.

managing

I assume you mean adenosine triphosphate?

I've made a topical ATP by dissolving carlson peak atp in water (quite soluble) and applying to skin. Very sleepifying. Don't do during day, lol.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Thanks @Lokzo

Did your friend mention anything about their own experience of the experiences of their clients?

You would think someone would have tried using adenosine long ago considering all the hype around melatonin. But yeah, you would think it would work and if it does I'll probably give it a go myself.

She said that it is effective for sleep initiation and sleep quality, according to her clinical experience.

I did have some last night, however, my circadian rhythm is rather stuff up atm, because I had a very late night on saturday night.

I will continue to experiment this week.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I assume you mean adenosine triphosphate?

I've made a topical ATP by dissolving carlson peak atp in water (quite soluble) and applying to skin. Very sleepifying. Don't do during day, lol.

Yes, that is correct.

Oh awesome!! So it has a sleep-inducing effect via topical use! Handy to know.

How often do you use it?

Broken man

I would like to try this one too eventually. Looks very interesting. How often and when do you use it? Orally?
I am using from 1 g to 3 g during the day with coffee and have good sleep but if I need it, I take 1 g before bed with success. I cant drink coffee without inosine for some reason.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes, that is correct.

How often do you use it?
ATP and adenosine is not the same. ATP is stimulatory whereas adenosine is inhibitory. Adenosine is the breakdown products of ATP.

ATP could cause drowsiness if cortisol is being lowered.

managing

Yes, that is correct.

How often do you use it?
So far only a couple of times. I made a solution and put it in an empty Tyromix bottle. Will try it again eventually.

managing

ATP and adenosine is not the same. ATP is stimulatory whereas adenosine is inhibitory. Adenosine is the breakdown products of ATP.

ATP could cause drowsiness if cortisol is being lowered.
You are right in the latter. But your first paragraph is not entirely correct. Adenosine is an anion. It can combine with many cations. Triphosphate being the most notable. What @Lokzo has could be any of the cationic forms. But most likely it is triphosphate. They will break apart immediately upon ingestion due to the extreme pH. But there is considerable evidence that they will be recombined in the liver (see cardenosine thread).

Hans

Forum Supporter
You are right in the latter. But your first paragraph is not entirely correct. Adenosine is an anion. It can combine with many cations. Triphosphate being the most notable. What @Lokzo has could be any of the cationic forms. But most likely it is triphosphate. They will break apart immediately upon ingestion due to the extreme pH. But there is considerable evidence that they will be recombined in the liver (see cardenosine thread).
I was referring to adenosine being inhibitory by binding to its receptors. That is how caffeine is stimulatory, by antagonizing the adenosine receptors.

Julles

Hey awesome tribe!

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with Adenosine supplements before bed, to obviously, induce drowsiness and sleep pressure.

Thanks tribe!

@Lokzo how was your mini experience? Any highlights?

cs3000

Hey awesome tribe!

Thanks tribe!
@Lokzo Did you try this? curious if exogenous adenosine can increase slow wave sleep , or if it gets broken down too quick

cs3000

-

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Hey awesome tribe!

Thanks tribe!
Lokzo, How did your Adenosine work out?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals