Adaptogenic Lemonade

Inaut

A pretty tasty but simple recipe for an adaptogenic lemonade made with gynostemma:

-a pinch of gynostemma leave in a quart jar of water left to extract over night.
-in the morning strain the loose leaves
-juice half or whole lemon and add that to the tea
- 1 tbsp of cane sugar
-shake and enjoy

It tastes kind of like green tea lemonade :)

OP
Inaut

Inaut

i tasty beverage with added benefits of adaptogenic qualities.... If you aren't familiar with jiaogulan, might be worth reading up on it. Poor man's ginseng... probably not Peat approved but that doesnt stop me

OP
Inaut

Inaut

google is your friend @steel_reserve. Not trying to sound like a d*ck but it will give you a better summary...

Literally

An adaptogenic herb, as I've seen it defined, is one that can either upregulate or downregulate the immune system depending on what it needs, i.e. a implements negative feedback. And supposedly this is well documented in studies, although I don't know what indicators they use. Herbs like ginseng, ashwaganda, rhodolia, and other well known ones are classified this way.

Crafty

Adaptogenic help regulate cortisol levels for people that are over stressed.
This can help in regulating body functions usually affected by stress. I am looking for one I do not react to instead of taking beta blocker heart medications which snowball calcium issues and fatigue.

Dave Clark

One of the best sources/prices for jiaogulan that i have found. Good quality, service and prices.
Liang He Wild Grown Jiaogulan * Gynostemma pentaphyllum - Yunnan Sourcing Tea Shop
Also, try growing your own jiaogulan, I have three vines and harvested about two pounds worth. I live in zone 7 where they say it won't last the winters, but so far, after three years and good mulching, I am able to keep them alive and well. Definitely worth a try growing, even if you live in a colder climate.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

@Dave Clark I bought seeds a while back and was thinking about growing it indoors in my condo. I’m in Canada