Actovegin--anybody heard of this stuff?

messtafarian

I think it's a derivative of calf's blood that increases cellular metabolism?

Apparently?

Anybody know anything about it?

haidut

Forum Supporter
messtafarian said:
post 101035 I think it's a derivative of calf's blood that increases cellular metabolism?

Apparently?

Anybody know anything about it?

This is basically the closest you can legally come to parabiosis that peat wrote about. Illegally, there are rumors that a similar products but made from human fetus blood is being used by rich people to improve health and increase longevity. Peat will probably be in favor of it if it (Actovegin), given that restores the normal oxidation of glucose.

Last edited by a moderator:

burtlancast

Lance Armstrong does, apparently. :lol:

Actovegin is a highly filtered extract obtained from calf blood which enhances aerobic oxidation in mammals.[1] This improves absorption of glucose and oxygen uptake in tissue,[1] which may enhance physical performance and stamina.

Actovegin made headlines from 2009 to 2011 when Canadian sports doctor Anthony Galea was charged with illegally providing professional athletes with a number of performance-enhancing drugs, including Actovegin.[2][3] As revealed by later testimony by riders, it was also regularly used by Lance Armstrong and the members of his U.S. Postal Service Pro Cycling Team on the 2000 Tour de France to enhance their performance.[4]

OP
M

messtafarian

I would try it but I'm a touch skeeved out by injectable blood products lately. There are pills on amazon but there's no way to know what's really in them.

Thanks for feedback, it's in the Truly Desperate pile for now :).

burtlancast

It's been around for quite a long time already: many people with strokes have used it to improve circulation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals