Activated Charcoal Powder: Suggested use

BingDing

John, Peatarian described quite a bit about it, I'm not sure how to search for her posts. IIRC she said three tablespoons in water and just drink it, every three days. I got mine last week and started with one tbsp, then two. (Didn't want to pull a Charlie and overdo it right away, LOL) It's astonishingly messy, I'm going to take it outdoors to mix it next time. A small side benefit is it's easy to estimate your intestinal transit time if you note when you drink it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
BingDing said:
(Didn't want to pull a Charlie and overdo it right away, LOL)

Yeh, let me make all the mistakes so you dont have to! :lol:

OP
J

John Eels

John, Peatarian described quite a bit about it, I'm not sure how to search for her posts. IIRC she said three tablespoons in water and just drink it, every three days. I got mine last week and started with one tbsp, then two. (Didn't want to pull a Charlie and overdo it right away, LOL) It's astonishingly messy, I'm going to take it outdoors to mix it next time. A small side benefit is it's easy to estimate your intestinal transit time if you note when you drink it.
Pull a charlie :lol:

Thanks for the advice BingDing. I drink my charcoal drink tonight. Why do you do it every three days? Can't you do it every day?

I had capsules before but they didn't really make any difference other than turn my excrements black. Have you experienced any benefit from the charcoal?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
John Eels said:
Pull a charlie :lol:

:error

I see it's pick on Charlie day today. :dance

Thanks for the advice BingDing. I drink my charcoal drink tonight. Why do you do it every three days? Can't you do it every day?

I had capsules before but they didn't really make any difference other than turn my excrements black. Have you experienced any benefit from the charcoal?

Charcoal can also soak up nutrients at the same time, like carrot salad.

BingDing

Charlie said:
Yeh, let me make all the mistakes so you dont have to! :lol:

:rolling I just couldn't resist, man. I figured you'd be a good sport. :cheers

John, this is one post, and another, and this. Might have to backtrack to get the context.

After the first time the BM was fairly foul smelling compared to normal, which I took to be a good thing. Not so much after the second. I've had a couple really good days lately but it's hard to pin it on the charcoal. Overall I have to call it positive. As Charlie noted it does take up nutrients, too.

OP
J

John Eels

Last Thursday evening I had my first chug of activated charcoal dissolved in water. The following day 14 hours later at noon I had a bowel movement. The bowels were rendered black. If I felt better? Hard to tell. I rather felt a little worse. I woke up in the night and felt agitated. I had hard time to fall back asleep. Was the charcoal working on some digestive issues that I have?

I am hesitant to try it again soon.

Birdie

You won't necessarily feel better right away. I'd say try a dose of one half the dose you used. And wait 3 days after that first dose. How much was your dose? Did you say?

OP
J

John Eels

I took two tablespoons. I'll try another dose tonight. It will be one tablespoon. Why is it relevant to wait three days? Is it about the nutrients that charcoal might soak up us well?

I'll report my experience.

Birdie

John Eels said:
I took two tablespoons. I'll try another dose tonight. It will be one tablespoon. Why is it relevant to wait three days? Is it about the nutrients that charcoal might soak up us well?

I'll report my experience.
Yes.
I think Peatarian got that spacing of doses 3 days apart from Peat.

OP
J

John Eels

Imagine, I eat all this nutritious food and end up malnourished only b/c I used charcoal in excess. That's black.

Thanks for the response.