Acne, Skin Tags, And Yellow Armpits

Carina

I've moved to a different part of the state that I've been living in for years. Now all of a sudden my face and body are breaking out, I'm getting slight skin tags on my neck, and my armpits are yellow. I have no idea what that means. I have PCOS, so I've been very frustrated about my health for a while now. My skin has been prematurely aging as well, but taking pansterone and high dosing niacinamide has really helped. I started taking baking soda and that's been helping, but my body always initially reacts well to new substances and supplements, and later backfires on me. I was getting really great results from taking aspirin, but the results went away after about week. I eat liver once a week and eating carrot salads everyday, I got great results from that because it cleared up my skin, and the results went away after a few months. I even took vitamin A because I live in a really sunny state, and my skin was breaking out from burning through the vitamin A too quickly. That went well for a couple of months, then it started doing weird things with my iron, which started breaking me out again. It seems like everything I try gives me great results initially, but the results never stick around long term. Now I'm even more frustrated that my acne has been getting a lot worse, I have skin tags(I've never had them before), and that my armpits are yellow. I use coconut oil as a deodorant, so I have no idea why my armpits are having a weird reaction. I use squalane and lanolin to moisturize my face because it has become very dry as well. I ordered tallow recently to see if that would help moisturize my face even more, so I'm waiting for that.

OP
C

Carina

Even though my skin's a mess, my hair's doing fantastic. My hair has become very thick and dark, since I started peating.

SOMO

Vitamin A actually causes a "purging" of the skin because of rapid skin cell turnover. In addition, this rapid shedding itself can cause acne because as the skin cells rise to the surface to shed, the cell debris can get "stuck".
The solution? MORE Vitamin A lol. And exfoliate with a rough towel + regular white sugar.
To shorten the amount of (time of) peeling/skin purging I experienced from Vitamin A, I combined the topical form of Vit A with internal Vit A. I knew I would get purging, and I did, but Vit A really is a long term solution to stopping breakouts. I say stick with it and increase the dosage and try applying it topically.

Lanolin is a great moisturizer, but it's basically very similar to the sebum of people with oily skin and that can interrupt proper skin shedding as well. Coconut oil is decent at keeping moisture in, so is hyaluronic acid (gentle enough to moisturize over your eyes) and glycerin.

Do you drink milk? Milk = acne trigger for many, but yogurt/dairy seem to be fine for most. I think there's something fat-soluble in milk that is absent/destroyed in kefir or yogurt and it contributes to acne. IGF-1 possibly

Fruit also used to break me out until I improved my gut.

As far as skin tags, you can tape a piece of sliced garlic to it and it will fall off in a few days.
There's also devices like those wart-freeze away things that are used off-label to remove skin tags or moles.

Random skin tags are usually a hormonal issue, which is obviously not separate from your PCOS.

Btw, because you have numerous skin complaints you really should see a dermatologist. Try to get a prescription for Retin-A (Tretinoin) cream in 0.1%. It's topical and is really the best skin product one can use. Some will poo poo prescription retinoids, but it's literally CURED countless people of acne permanently.

OP
C

Carina

Vitamin A actually causes a "purging" of the skin because of rapid skin cell turnover. In addition, this rapid shedding itself can cause acne because as the skin cells rise to the surface to shed, the cell debris can get "stuck".
The solution? MORE Vitamin A lol. And exfoliate with a rough towel + regular white sugar.
To shorten the amount of (time of) peeling/skin purging I experienced from Vitamin A, I combined the topical form of Vit A with internal Vit A. I knew I would get purging, and I did, but Vit A really is a long term solution to stopping breakouts. I say stick with it and increase the dosage and try applying it topically.

Lanolin is a great moisturizer, but it's basically very similar to the sebum of people with oily skin and that can interrupt proper skin shedding as well. Coconut oil is decent at keeping moisture in, so is hyaluronic acid (gentle enough to moisturize over your eyes) and glycerin.

Do you drink milk? Milk = acne trigger for many, but yogurt/dairy seem to be fine for most. I think there's something fat-soluble in milk that is absent/destroyed in kefir or yogurt and it contributes to acne. IGF-1 possibly

Fruit also used to break me out until I improved my gut.

As far as skin tags, you can tape a piece of sliced garlic to it and it will fall off in a few days.
There's also devices like those wart-freeze away things that are used off-label to remove skin tags or moles.

Random skin tags are usually a hormonal issue, which is obviously not separate from your PCOS.

Btw, because you have numerous skin complaints you really should see a dermatologist. Try to get a prescription for Retin-A (Tretinoin) cream in 0.1%. It's topical and is really the best skin product one can use. Some will poo poo prescription retinoids, but it's literally CURED countless people of acne permanently.

Actually since I looked at it, it seems like dead skin is peeling off of my neck. I don't think they're skin tags. I've been getting a lot more sunlight since I moved, and sunlight tends to make my skin shed a lot. The lanolin probably is interfering with that process. I'll stop using it and see if my skin clears up. If it doesn't clear up, then I'll move on to the vitamin A plan. Also should I wear sunscreen if I get a Tretinoin prescription because I've heard that Retin-A causes photosensitivity.

Mad

I've moved to a different part of the state that I've been living in for years. Now all of a sudden my face and body are breaking out, I'm getting slight skin tags on my neck, and my armpits are yellow. I have no idea what that means. I have PCOS, so I've been very frustrated about my health for a while now. My skin has been prematurely aging as well, but taking pansterone and high dosing niacinamide has really helped. I started taking baking soda and that's been helping, but my body always initially reacts well to new substances and supplements, and later backfires on me. I was getting really great results from taking aspirin, but the results went away after about week. I eat liver once a week and eating carrot salads everyday, I got great results from that because it cleared up my skin, and the results went away after a few months. I even took vitamin A because I live in a really sunny state, and my skin was breaking out from burning through the vitamin A too quickly. That went well for a couple of months, then it started doing weird things with my iron, which started breaking me out again. It seems like everything I try gives me great results initially, but the results never stick around long term. Now I'm even more frustrated that my acne has been getting a lot worse, I have skin tags(I've never had them before), and that my armpits are yellow. I use coconut oil as a deodorant, so I have no idea why my armpits are having a weird reaction. I use squalane and lanolin to moisturize my face because it has become very dry as well. I ordered tallow recently to see if that would help moisturize my face even more, so I'm waiting for that.
Do you know if you are perhaps in an area with fluoridated water whereas before you weren't? Are you now and were you before living in a house with well water or do you and did you get city water?
If you do or did get city water, you can do an internet search by searching your municipality and "water quality report". They are required to give this information to the public every year, but if you can't find it online you can call.
I'm curious to know if you were not living in a fluoridated area before but now you are. That could be a cause of the acne.
As for skin tags and yellow armpits... No clue!

L

lollipop

Skin tags are related to liver in TCM and I think Ray said estrogen (don’t quote me-I might be wrong).

OP
C

Carina

Do you know if you are perhaps in an area with fluoridated water whereas before you weren't? Are you now and were you before living in a house with well water or do you and did you get city water?
If you do or did get city water, you can do an internet search by searching your municipality and "water quality report". They are required to give this information to the public every year, but if you can't find it online you can call.
I'm curious to know if you were not living in a fluoridated area before but now you are. That could be a cause of the acne.
As for skin tags and yellow armpits... No clue!
I've always lived in fluoridated areas, but the water feels drier here if that makes any sense.

OP
C

Carina

Just found out on here that niacinamide and aspirin eats up a lot of glucose. I've been high dosing the two of them because I'm a bit of an extremist and I try to kill fire with fire. Anyway, I guess I haven't been taking enough glucose to support the niacinamide and aspirin, which caused my body to produce more estrogen. I know that I have to lower the dosages and eat more sugar. Thanks for your help everyone. Much appreciated.

use centella asiatica cream and capsule supplement with vitamine E and C. It helps form collagen and prevent its breakdown, anti-inflammatory reduce scar forming, improves wound healing.

Melanogenesis is the process of generating pigmentation via melanin synthesis and delivery. Three key enzymes, tyrosinase, tyrosinase-related protein 1 (TRP1) and TRP2, metabolize melanin from L-tyrosine. Melanin synthesizing enzymes are regulated by microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF).
The titrated extract of Centella asiatica (TECA) contains the major components asiatic acid, asiaticoside and madecassic acid. The present study revealed that TECA reduces the melanin content in melanocytes. Moreover, the asiaticoside contained in TECA modulated melanogenesis by inhibiting tyrosinase mRNA expression. The decrease in tyrosinase mRNA levels was mediated through MITF. Uniquely, asiaticoside inhibited MITF by decreasing its DNA binding affinity.
In conclusion, the results of the present study indicate that asiaticoside treatment may have beneficial effects in hyperpigmentation diseases or for skin whitening.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24756377

Generalized hypermelanosis may rarely develop, and its occurrence suggests
hyperthyroidism [11].
Elevation in estrogen and progesterone levels and elevation in keratinocyte-
derived endothelin 1 and melanocyte simulating hormone (MSH) levels upon sun
exposure potentiate tyrosinase activity and thus stimulate melanogenesis [21].
Vitamin C was used systematically in mild forms of melasma, and vitamin E seems to act synergistically to vitamin C

Hyperpigmentation and Melasma - link