Acne Scars

mangoes

Dermarolling is supposed to work well. Aswell as a vit c serum which helps lighten the scar

Tazarotene which isn't as photo sensitive as tretinoin etc, PHA+LHA exfoliators(if you can tolerate BHA and AHA, go for it, but i don't), vitamin C serum that isn't oxidised, hyaluronic acid and other humecants to increase moisture retention in skin.

The appearance of scars is as much an issue of your skins ability to maintain or hold in added moisture as it is about the scar itself. Having a very impaired moisture barrier(its pretty much a given if you had acne and a lacking skincare regimen)will make acne scars appear a lot worse than they are as well

Afraid to say nothing "Peaty"helped reduce the appearance of my acne scars though

JamesKing

I see that it's a bit old question, but I recently got rid of them and can help you with tips:
Consider seeing a dermatologist who can recommend prescription-strength topical or oral medications, such as retinoids or hydroquinone, that can help reduce the appearance of scars

Korven

Any update, guys? I would love to get rid of my scars. Is it possible?

What kind of acne scarring do you have?

The red marks or PIE (post inflammatory erythema) left after active acne tends to fade over time, it can take a couple of weeks or months though. This process can be sped up with things like topical niacinamide, azelaic acid or MSM gel.

Indented scarring after cystic acne is more difficult (or sometimes impossible) to treat depending on how much fat and collagen was lost. Microneedling can help with minor scars, but deeper rolling scars will need more invasive treatments. It is possible to break up deeper tethered scarring but it should be done by professionals, and it is often followed by laser treatment for a nice looking outcome.

I've kind of accepted my face as it is, with holes and everything, I can't afford to go for expensive acne scarring revision. I'm just happy if I have clear skin.

JamesKing

I see that it's a bit old question, but I recently got rid of them and can help you with tips:
Consider seeing a dermatologist who can recommend prescription-strength topical or oral medications, such as retinoids or hydroquinone, that can help reduce the appearance of scars (like https://onsitemedspa.com/services/botox-treatment-in-bel-air-ca/)
Look into chemical peels, micro-needling, or laser resurfacing treatments, which can help stimulate collagen production and improve skin texture.
Use sunscreen to protect your skin from further damage
Be patient and consistent with your skincare routine, using products that are gentle and non-comedogenic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals