Acne Scarring And Redlight Therapy

cb4

Anybody have any experience or info on how to heal acne scarring with red light? I specifically have a 250 watt heat lamp and was wondering how long to expose scarred skin and whether it would even work.

x-ray peat

Anybody have any experience or info on how to heal acne scarring with red light? I specifically have a 250 watt heat lamp and was wondering how long to expose scarred skin and whether it would even work.
I would get a 660 nm led. The heat lamp doesnt give off enough red light for how far away it needs to be so it doesnt fry your skin off'. Amazon.com : ABI 12W Deep Red 660nm LED Bloom Booster Grow Light Bulb for Flowering and Spectrum Enhancement : Patio, Lawn & Garden

bohogirl

What kind of scarring do you have? Pitted or red marks?

OP
cb4

cb4

Reddish brown blotches. It's my wife. She gets bad acne that coincides with her cycle.

LeeLemonoil

A very good method with considerable evidence and many positive results is skin-needling/derma-rolling. I've performed it at 3 different individuals and it's safe and easy

encerent

Topical retinoids and needling are more proven to work for scaring. Red light would work too, but it'll take a long time. 630nm or 660nm lights are probably very safe to use.

Note

A very good method with considerable evidence and many positive results is skin-needling/derma-rolling. I've performed it at 3 different individuals and it's safe and easy
What derma rolling do you recommend?
I have brown/red marks but also some old scars on my temples.

LeeLemonoil

0,5-1mm rollers should be sufficient for thin layers like on the temples. Also, every 3-5 month is a sufficient intervall for treatment.

Assist with topical retinol, vitamin c and niacinamide regularly - after needling, you could apply a vitamin k containing cream to reduce redness (whch is minor at 1mm)

Note

I just came across on acne.org that someone was using the red light therapy on the face and it stimulated hair growing.
As a female I am not looking for that.
Anybody had similar experience?

"ive used the red led lights before. one of the mistakes of my life. little did i know the light was making hair follicles on my cheeks and forhead! i now have hair growing from my cheeks where all my scarring is and ive never had this before. i wish i can go bak in time and not use the led light at all"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals