Acne Breakout After Quitting Dairy

julcreutz

I just quit dairy, because my digestion wasnt that good. The dairy felt quite heavy in the stomach (especially raw milk; raw milk gave me quite a bit of bloating; whole milk yoghurt was fine) and during that time my skin looked pretty good.
Since I've stopped the dairy again my face has been breaking out like never before. Why is that? Is that a good or a bad reaction?
Also, increasing dairy made me SUPER weak. I went from 40 pushups at once to 20. But my endurance returned.

ursidae

Don’t bother asking about acne. This forum is almost exclusively about hair loss support

ursidae

On a serious note I’ve noticed when my digestion is troubled (pain, flatulence and constipation) my skin is okay. I tend to break out more when I have regular normal bowel movements. Did the dairy constipate you and for what period of time did you consume it?

OP
J

julcreutz

On a serious note I’ve noticed when my digestion is troubled (pain, flatulence and constipation) my skin is okay. I tend to break out more when I have regular normal bowel movements. Did the dairy constipate you and for what period of time did you consume it?

Yeah, it's strange. Sometimes, bad digestion correlates with breakouts, sometimes not. In the case of dairy, it did not. Although dairy DID NOT constipate me. It just felt heavy in the stomach. I consumed raw milk and yoghurt for about 2 weeks

ursidae

Yeah, it's strange. Sometimes, bad digestion correlates with breakouts, sometimes not. In the case of dairy, it did not. Although dairy DID NOT constipate me. It just felt heavy in the stomach. I consumed raw milk and yoghurt for about 2 weeks
For me personally dairy causes delayed breakouts but 2+ weeks is a bit too long of a latent period. If it had a laxative/stimulating effect perhaps that could have been what kept you clear. Did you consume the raw milk appropriately (warm, on an empty stomach, taking small sips, letting it sit in your mouth and increasing the quantity gradually)?
Perhaps it allowed you to consume more calories and provided you with nutrients that you failed to replace once you cut it off? That wouldn’t explain you being clearer prior to starting dairy though so maybe the bacterial content altered your gut

OP
J

julcreutz

That wouldn’t explain you being clearer prior to starting dairy though so maybe the bacterial content altered your gut

Well, to be honest I quickly got into consuming 2+ litres of raw milk a day. It was just too delicious and I was craving it, but there was definitely bloating. I also definitely experienced gut microbiome change. I woke up once feeling something on my tongue, and it was literally coated like snow; fully white. scraping it with a tongue scraper fixed the issue.

I was consuming the raw milk cold/room temp. At night, I always drank a warm glass of raw milk with salt and raw honey tho.

I thought maybe the acne is due to bacterial die-off now that I'm not consuming it anymore?

I did notice some red spots on my forearms tho (possibly allergy indicator?); that was part of the problem why I quit dairy. Sadly, I don't know if its from the raw milk or the yoghurt (which is pasteurized and homogenised), as I reintroduced fairly close time-wise to each other