Acne and peat?

清貴杉山

Guys anyone here experienced new acne coming from a lower carb approarch to peat again?i did only simple sugars for a week or so and started to get pimples around the mouth again,im suspecting can be the gelatin,since i dont really know the source of it.i read here that bad gelatin can be made of rotten hives,also the white sugar can be a factor,i posted my diet here several times its kinda a suplementless peat,now i added white rice because i was craving it hard,if the gelatin is the issue,buying collagen powder can supplement the lack of glycine?
my past approach was not low carb whatsoever but it was definetly at least 50 60 grams of net carbs lighter.
im pretty prone to acne but with the last approach my skin was glowing,i was even eating "pufa" foods like chicken drumsticks and wings baked

BodhiBlues

I used to have very bad acne as a teenager, which at the time I got rid of by eating a diet much lower in processed foods and, at the time, completely cutting out sugar.

When I started having a lot more sugar & juice again about 3 months ago, it did come back a little for a couple of months but has gone again now.

清貴杉山

I used to have very bad acne as a teenager, which at the time I got rid of by eating a diet much lower in processed foods and, at the time, completely cutting out sugar.

When I started having a lot more sugar & juice again about 3 months ago, it did come back a little for a couple of months but has gone again now.
thanks for the reply

Charlieb91

In my experience correcting a vitamin A deficiency and lowering pufa did wonders for me. The best results were a zero fat diet, but I wouldn't recommend this.
According to Haidut (paraphrasing) acne is a result of overactive adrenals mediated by estrogen.
I still have one or two spots on my forehead and a few on my back, nothing too bad. I'm going to try taking aspirin and vitamin E which I just started again and having a daily carrot salad as I think that could be helpful for lowering estrogen and achieving acne free smooth skin.

清貴杉山

In my experience correcting a vitamin A deficiency and lowering pufa did wonders for me. The best results were a zero fat diet, but I wouldn't recommend this.
According to Haidut (paraphrasing) acne is a result of overactive adrenals mediated by estrogen.
I still have one or two spots on my forehead and a few on my back, nothing too bad. I'm going to try taking aspirin and vitamin E which I just started again and having a daily carrot salad as I think that could be helpful for lowering estrogen and achieving acne free smooth skin.
im doing carrot salad 5 to 7 times a week,2 times a week AC,im overall pretty healthy,stop drinking,stop smoking,eating good,working out,using my brain a lot,aiming to live a stressless life too,idk,i will cut gelatin for now and reduce white sugar to only using it on instant coffee

Charlieb91

im doing carrot salad 5 to 7 times a week,2 times a week AC,im overall pretty healthy,stop drinking,stop smoking,eating good,working out,using my brain a lot,aiming to live a stressless life too,idk,i will cut gelatin for now and reduce white sugar to only using it on instant coffee
Sugar might be the issue if you're not supplying the vitamins and minerals needed to avoid depletion.
Try fruit juice instead with liver and a b complex. Might help.

清貴杉山

Sugar might be the issue if you're not supplying the vitamins and minerals needed to avoid depletion.
Try fruit juice instead with liver and a b complex. Might help.
i dont overdoit tbh,my diet is nutrient dense,its weird to me to hear that a few tbspoons of white sugar its throwing up everything lol

Charlieb91

i dont overdoit tbh,my diet is nutrient dense,its weird to me to hear that a few tbspoons of white sugar its throwing up everything lol
A higher metabolic rate requires more, if you're low it's plausible that it could cause issues. Could require more than you're currently consuming

Yann

Appropriate levels of Vitamins A & D. Possibly excess iron from food fortification.

For several years, when I had an extremely high metabolic rate, I needed 100,000 units per day [Probably topical] during sunny weather to prevent acne and whiskers.. - Ray Peat

清貴杉山

Appropriate levels of Vitamins A & D. Possibly excess iron from food fortification.

For several years, when I had an extremely high metabolic rate, I needed 100,000 units per day [Probably topical] during sunny weather to prevent acne and whiskers.. - Ray Peat
i avoid all grains and fortified foods,i will start to eat liver again,since here is springtime im taking more sun

scrubolio

I have had and still have this acne issue after going on a metabolic diet.

I’ve done 100k IUs of vitamin a on the skin for weeks at a time and oysters once a day and liver weekly, just last week I started to get much more impatient and felt very cold. I stopped the oysters, liver, and vitamin A. And 3-4 days later I feel much better.

I am going to introduce liver and oysters slowly over the next couple of weeks.

Hope to find something that works

souperhuman

I have had and still have this acne issue after going on a metabolic diet.

I’ve done 100k IUs of vitamin a on the skin for weeks at a time and oysters once a day and liver weekly, just last week I started to get much more impatient and felt very cold. I stopped the oysters, liver, and vitamin A. And 3-4 days later I feel much better.

I am going to introduce liver and oysters slowly over the next couple of weeks.

Hope to find something that works
In my experience, eating lots of liver caused me to develop more of the cystic acne. I don't know if this was the vitamin A or the iron, but either way I don't eat it every day anymore lol. I like the taste of liver and it is very nutrient dense, but I think keeping it a rare treat is the best option. I eat it once or twice a month now.

Vitamin D was the major thing for me. I took about 40k IU orally split into two doses a day. I would say my acne is like 95% better from a year or two ago.

Another major thing was cooked spinach (or other greens, I just like the taste of spinach). I cook it well in a covered saucepan with some water and a bit of butter or coconut oil and salt, I like it a bit watery for the broth. I eat this probably every other day. This has been especially good for digestion. I read somewhere that it disrupts some biofilms, and I have noticed that my tongue will be completely absent of plaque after this. Either way, it also has vitamin K1 and magnesium, other minerals too. I don't take k2 supplements, although I do eat pasture raised eggs.

ursidae

In my experience, eating lots of liver caused me to develop more of the cystic acne. I don't know if this was the vitamin A or the iron, but either way I don't eat it every day anymore lol. I like the taste of liver and it is very nutrient dense, but I think keeping it a rare treat is the best option. I eat it once or twice a month now.

Vitamin D was the major thing for me. I took about 40k IU orally split into two doses a day. I would say my acne is like 95% better from a year or two ago.

Another major thing was cooked spinach (or other greens, I just like the taste of spinach). I cook it well in a covered saucepan with some water and a bit of butter or coconut oil and salt, I like it a bit watery for the broth. I eat this probably every other day. This has been especially good for digestion. I read somewhere that it disrupts some biofilms, and I have noticed that my tongue will be completely absent of plaque after this. Either way, it also has vitamin K1 and magnesium, other minerals too. I don't take k2 supplements, although I do eat pasture raised eggs.

same experience, liver making it a lot worse